• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Free avatar

p0nqAPP.jpg

I think I may have asked this before, but how would you guys feel if Pixar/Disney made an animated wrasslin movie?

Since it would be impossible for it to be out of kayfabe, I guess I wouldn't mind.

Although I would sort prefer a more serious look at pro wrestling, like if NJPW funded an anime or something.

Upon further investigation that miniature championship is the WCW Cruiserweight Championship, not the US Championship as advertised. Misprint means big money for collectors. Rush to your local providers now.

Lucha has always done a great job of transitioning to other media, so much so that the aesthetic of Lucha is instantly recognizable as pro wrestling despite technically not being super popular here.

I just finished watching Bayley/Sasha Ironman match... what an easy 30 minute match to watch. Holy crap. Great job those two!

Me too. I think due to Sasha excellent heel stuff in this match, I like it better than the one in Brooklyn.

It is so weird seeing Stephanie show up at the end. I feel like I've turned against her the past few weeks. She just reminds me of how boring and inconsequential the entire main show feels right now.

Christ I don't even care about Brock at the moment.

zychi

Banned
Made the wrong shirt choice
il_570xN.490352816_cz3x.jpg
I had that shirt in 6th grade. I remember buying it at kmart of all places

E: can we get a campaign or something going to get wwe network to work with a chromecast? I dont understand why they havent fixed that yet

Nekofrog

Banned
So my wife and I are pretty much lapsed wrestling fans from the late 90s/early 2000s, except i've recently been catching up on whats been going on for about a year now (still don't actually watch raw or smackdown ever).

my wife however has been completely, 100% dark on wrestling outside of her going to WrestleMania 26 while I was in basic training. i'm aware of NXT but haven't actually watched a show, but I know who's on it and what they do essentially. we sat down tonight to watch NXT Respect, her going in completely and totally blind. i told her it was pretty much the WWE development show.

she absolutely loved it. she loved finn balor, so I showed her the demon version of the entrance and she loved the shit out of that, too. she loved asuka (probably her favorite of the night). she clapped when the whacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube men appeared during bailey's entrance. she's not a mark by any means, but she was just super into the show and didn't come away with any negatives from it.

i guess we're going to be watching NXT regularly now.

You know, today I saw a kid no more than 13 years of age riding his bike in an NWO black and white tee with cut-off sleeves. Needless to say, he was alone.

I'm still considering the implications, and how such a life path is even possible. Bizarre moment.

goodwill

hamchan

So my wife and I are pretty much lapsed wrestling fans from the late 90s/early 2000s, except i've recently been catching up on whats been going on for about a year now (still don't actually watch raw or smackdown ever).

my wife however has been completely, 100% dark on wrestling outside of her going to WrestleMania 26 while I was in basic training. i'm aware of NXT but haven't actually watched a show, but I know who's on it and what they do essentially. we sat down tonight to watch NXT Respect, her going in completely and totally blind. i told her it was pretty much the WWE development show.

she absolutely loved it. she loved finn balor, so I showed her the demon version of the entrance and she loved the shit out of that, too. she loved asuka (probably her favorite of the night). she clapped when the whacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube men appeared during bailey's entrance. she's not a mark by any means, but she was just super into the show and didn't come away with any negatives from it.

WWE must seem so awesome if you only watch NXT.

klonere

Banned

Fair warning: weekly NXT TV will not be as captivating as the specials. Its fine, serviceable watching but can be full of squash matches and slow story development. Thankfully its only an hour and will never have you hating yourself for watching like Raw. They build very well to their specials and the next one is a huge London arena show so we might be getting a lot of big things happening!

Zach

Awesome!

Why doesn't Malenko pop in once in awhile?

How about answering Cena's US open challenge to reclaim the US Championship?

Well, considering two of his closest friends are dead, I think he's happy in his position as road agent. He's making good money and still gets to be close to what he loves.

Some people see the toll the business takes and want to get out when they get the opportunity. After seeing him at MSG Lance Storm looks amazing and could definitely still go, but he's happy running probably the best wrestling school in Canada, he saved his money, and now he doesn't need to wrestle anymore. With more wrestlers dying before the age of 65 these days, I'm happy that two of them saw that and got out when they had the chance.

klonere

Banned
Jesus christ WWE employees on twitter spoiling NXT taping results.

I knew Scott Armstrong was the "heel ref" guy but this is another level.

This Twitter feud between Botchamania Maffew and a guy pretending to be Maffew is all the justification anyone needs for taking a wrecking ball to Twitter's servers.

NJPW on AXS tonight:

-IWGP Junior Tag Team Championship four-Way Match – reDRagon (Kyle O’Reilly & Bobby Fish) vs. Time Splitters (KUSHIDA & Alex Shelley) vs. Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov) vs. The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson)

-IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship – Ryusuke Taguchi versus Kenny Omega

More like
wei_29_kane1.jpg

Edit:

It's probably just that I haven't noticed more mainstream media covering niche topics like professional wrestling in order to pick up every potential click, but TakeOver: Respect seems to have gotten a lot of coverage.

There are the usual suspects like Rolling Stone, The A.V. Club, Bleacher Report and Uproxx. But then you have newspapers like the Miami Herald, the Philadelphia Voice, and the Philadelphia Inquirer. And then there's Jezebel, which is part of the Gawker network.

Top Bottom