• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

gIki2z2.gif

Dion314

Neo Member
You guys here are fuckin awesome. This is the best wrestling forum I've ever been a part of and you guys have great opinions/discussion about wrestling so I got a few questions for y'all:

1.Going "back down" to NXT used to seem like a bad thing...but in the case of somebody like Tyson Kidd, it can really revitalize your career and Zack Ryder is trying it now (kinda I guess...I don't know what you call being tagged with Mojo)

Who do you guys think from the current main roster could potentially raise their stock by heading to NXT?

2. Do you think some guys are TRULY destined to be nothing more than midcard/lower card guys or can just about anybody get over with the right gimmick?

3. Is there anybody that's not in NXT now that you would like to see make it there?

Bonus Question: Are you ready, willing and Gable?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Devitt, KENTA, etc showing up in NXT never really surprised me or made me go 'oh my god'

but there is something really jarring about seeing James Storm front and center on WWE.com

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That's probably my favourite wrestling photo. Adrian Street returns to his father's coal mine a successful professional wrestler, after he ran away at 16 to avoid a life of working down the pit.

This almost has to be the reference for that scene in Zoolander. Escaping the coal mine thing is a super cliche in England and Appalachia but that picture...

Ithil

You guys here are fuckin awesome. This is the best wrestling forum I've ever been a part of and you guys have great opinions/discussion about wrestling so I got a few questions for y'all:

1.Going "back down" to NXT used to seem like a bad thing...but in the case of somebody like Tyson Kidd, it can really revitalize your career and Zack Ryder is trying it now (kinda I guess...I don't know what you call being tagged with Mojo)

Who do you guys think from the current main roster could potentially raise their stock by heading to NXT?

2. Do you think some guys are TRULY destined to be nothing more than midcard/lower card guys or can just about anybody get over with the right gimmick?

3. Is there anybody that's not in NXT now that you would like to see make it there?

Fandango, with a completely new character nothing like his old one.

Anyone in the world can get over with the right gimmick. Maybe not forever or even a long time, but for a while at least.

Also think they should sign Portia Perez for the NXT women's roster.

And of course I'm ready, willing and Gable.

1. I'd like to see Brie Bella go down to NXT where she'd either step up or at worst be feeding material for all the new women.

2. Yes, it's just life. There's no shame in being a solid mid-carder or a jobber. They're essential.

3. Dean Malenko in the returning fan favorite to job to the new guys.

Bonus Answer: Absolutely.

bjork

Devitt, KENTA, etc showing up in NXT never really surprised me or made me go 'oh my god'

but there is something really jarring about seeing James Storm front and center on WWE.com

I'm surprised he's listed as a former world champion, this is slightly giving TNA a nod to being relevant.

WWE really wasted Kozlov, I always thought he was extremely impressive. Not as good a seller as Rusev, but he had some great believable offense. Pretty sure all that Sambo champion stuff was legit too.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

1. There's a handful. Basically people who are nothing now can do it. I think Cody Rhodes could run shit down there for a while. I don't know how much benefit he would get from it, though.

I also feel a lot of the current old guard of Divas should hop down there for a while to showcase what they've got. They never get a chance to exercise it on the main roster, and after a few years...

2. Yeah. And that's not a bad thing. Some people are GREAT in the midcard. Anything any other direction would ruin them. Look at Mr. Perfect. Gangrel. Hercules Hernandez. Psicosis. Mid-card is a-ok.

3. Uh, I dunno. I mean, there's always a danger of them coming over and being a bust. Dave Mastiff. I wanna see him in the states, for good.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Curtis Axel is part of my two favorite backstage promos of the last ten years.

1. The amicable break up with the big guy.
2. Him begging to be let into NXT and Regal basically saying no.

Booker’s always been real good about putting on a fun show for his live ROW events, and I’ve had a blast every time I’ve attended. Mysterious Q, Abel Andrew Jackson and Rockstar Robbie are my personal favorites but it looks like my real-world job might keep me from driving out to Houston this weekend to make the show. Still, I have friends who might be going, and I’ll look to see if they can provide some decent photos of their meet-and-greets with The Nitro Girls (as I know that they wouldn’t miss the chance to stammer like an idiot in front of Chae and Spice).

I don't even think about attending Booker's shows since I heard of his company telling indy guys they couldn't work for him if they worked for anybody else. I don't know if they are still trying to do that, but it really sucked for guys who were making dimes and quarters and needed all the work and experience they could get.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't even think about attending Booker's shows since I heard of his company telling indy guys they couldn't work for him if they worked for anybody else. I don't know if they are still trying to do that, but it really sucked for guys who were making dimes and quarters and needed all the work and experience they could get.

That sucks if they still do that. When you're indie as fuck you can't afford to tie yourself down to one local.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
when does BJW bring pentagon in?

him vs sekimoto in a death match

Couple of Mexican death match workers have worked Kasai in Freedoms recently. If anyone's likely to work with Pentagon in a match like that, it'll be Kasai. But Pentagon doesn't usually use weapons for the sake of weapons. He always does it to generate heat for a face.

Nekofrog

Banned
you know what my favorite part about NXT was?

the selling. people actually sold the moves that were happening to them, instead of grimace for 3 seconds and then get back up. there was even extended psychology in working spots of the body, and when that person tried to use that part of the body they reacted as they should.

Striker

WWE really wasted Kozlov, I always thought he was extremely impressive. Not as good a seller as Rusev, but he had some great believable offense. Pretty sure all that Sambo champion stuff was legit too.
He had a cool theme.

But once he started jobbing to Triple H and 'Taker, he was donzo. Though he did okay for himself in the comedy team with Santino... limited role that was.

1.Who do you guys think from the current main roster could potentially raise their stock by heading to NXT?

1) Jack Swagger. Hook him up with the Shoot Nation guys. He ain't doing anything else.

2) You need midcard/lower card guys. And Yes. Some people are destined for that. Some people are just too chill for the upper tier. To get to the top you almost always have to have a lot of hunger and drive. Chill guys like D-Bry only make it if they are amazing talents or have a crazy unique style, look, or charisma which is rare. You can make a perfectly fine living in the midcard. That's fine for many guys.

3) Flippy guys: Ricochet is #1 above all else. But I don't want him to leave Lucha Underground for NXT either. Definitely Will Osprey, Sammy Guevara

Hosses: Keith Lee, "The Bastard" Dave Mastiff

Women: Jessica James, Kimber Lee, Mia Yim (I'd agree w/people who are saying Portia Perez, but I'm getting the vibe that she is kinda winding down her career at this point)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
oops, fell into an Initial D soundtrack megamix

It's like 2002 all over again with the euros and the beats.

Top Bottom