• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Kaiterra

Banned
Devin Taylor has been released. So much for the blow-off of the slow build with Dana Brooke.

Aw weak.

Dana really is entertaining.

Who do you guys think from the current main roster could potentially raise their stock by heading to NXT?

A lot of possible answers to this question. I think maybe Erick Rowan. Give him a character reboot down there since his current one isn't gonna make a lot of sense outside of the Wyatt Family and I want to see if he can do something else. Or Jack Swagger, just because I want to see him mix it up with Gable and he will probably really look like a beast down there.

Or go rehab the "veteran" divas down there like Vince said. Particularly Brie Bella really needs to step up and prove herself, ugh. She's not the worst one, but given her prominence it's a more pressing concern.

2. Do you think some guys are TRULY destined to be nothing more than midcard/lower card guys or can just about anybody get over with the right gimmick?

I think anyone can get over with the right gimmick, but some performers are going to be more comfortable in the middle of the pack than the top.

3. Is there anybody that's not in NXT now that you would like to see make it there?

ACH and Dalton Castle.

Bonus Question: Are you ready, willing and Gable?

Absolutely!

tm, Bestia 666 vs Pentagon Jr got uploaded. The full thing. Of course it's all fan cam, like usual.
sdfsedfefeu1r7p.gif

But if you want to watch Pentagon maim people with weapons, it's got tons of that.

Did they agree to mask vs. hair at the end?

Finish jif: http://i.giflike.com/KqmD0Ia.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey Zach, mechashiva, either of you going to see ol' Kountry Wayne?

Eh9Bv2W.jpg

dan is generally insufferable but when it comes to wrestling, i wish they'd just let dan have his fun and not try to ruin it for him. that last powerbombcast was so bad it finally tipped me over to say 'all right, that's enough out of giant bomb'. should've said that when vinny split off and teamed up with the terrible adam navarro and austin walker. i like vinny but he doesn't outshine those big asses in front of the sun.

You guys here are fuckin awesome. This is the best wrestling forum I've ever been a part of and you guys have great opinions/discussion about wrestling so I got a few questions for y'all:

1.Going "back down" to NXT used to seem like a bad thing...but in the case of somebody like Tyson Kidd, it can really revitalize your career and Zack Ryder is trying it now (kinda I guess...I don't know what you call being tagged with Mojo)

Who do you guys think from the current main roster could potentially raise their stock by heading to NXT?

2. Do you think some guys are TRULY destined to be nothing more than midcard/lower card guys or can just about anybody get over with the right gimmick?

3. Is there anybody that's not in NXT now that you would like to see make it there?

Bonus Question: Are you ready, willing and Gable?

1. Jack Swagger
2. Yeah, but it's cool
3. Will Ospreay, ZSJ, Oliver Grey, Eli Drake
BQ: since day one, baby

bjork

dan is generally insufferable but when it comes to wrestling, i wish they'd just let dan have his fun and not try to ruin it for him. that last powerbombcast was so bad it finally tipped me over to say 'all right, that's enough out of giant bomb'. should've said that when vinny split off and teamed up with the terrible adam navarro and austin walker. i like vinny but he doesn't outshine those big asses in front of the sun.

the only GB guy with an informed and intelligent opinion of wrestling is Jeff.

the only GB guy with an informed and intelligent opinion of wrestling is Jeff.

yeah but he's just way too old and depressed for it these days man. i don't want to hear a 40 year old man talk about how it's not as good as it was when he had hope in his heart.

i like jeff, he's a smart and funny guy when he's on, but just like everyone when he's not on he's terrible and yet he still goes on, alex on the other hand can do no right, on or off - just to point out another reason why that podcast is bad and taught me how not to watching wrestling.

i made a post about it in here a few weeks ago. man. that podcast was a bummer. you've got to know how to take this wrestling stuff - it's candy floss and sometimes you feel like going to the fair, and when you don't, just go be an adult somewhere, don't go to the fair and depress everyone who wants to go for a ride that day. WWE is a right wing leaning corporate firework display. it isn't for everyone, and it isn't for everyday.

also WWE does have an off season and we're in it right now, so there's that to consider if you feel burned out.

bjork

you've got to know how to take this wrestling stuff - it's candy floss and sometimes you feel like going to the fair, and when you don't, just go be an adult somewhere, don't go to the fair and insult everyone for enjoying the same old rides.

I don't follow this logic. It's not the same old ride. It's like when they made Trix into fruit shapes. It isn't the same thing, even if the name is.

Also, you'll be 40 one day.

I don't follow this logic. It's not the same old ride. It's like when they made Trix into fruit shapes. It isn't the same thing, even if the name is.

Also, you'll be 40 one day.

i edited my post cos i didn't like that phrasing, so i'll pass on the same old ride comment cos yeah it wasn't relevant (and not what i think)

and yeah i'll be 40 some day, and if i'm watching wrestling at that age, i'm not gonna be spending time online complaining about it. i'll stop watching or cut back before that happens - and i have, i haven't watched a raw since summerslam cos i haven't been enticed (i've checked out notable highlights i saw brought up ie new day and kept tabs on what is happening with the women via youtube clips)

of course right now i'm complaining ABOUT complaining, and i realise that, i won't do it for long. it's been a recent revelation how powerless and habitual people can be with this particular kind of entertainment. i'm not listening to anymore powerbombcasts and i'm just gonna start tuning some of the negativity out.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Jack Swagger would look like The Big Show on NXT. Justin Gabriel looked Cena sized when I saw him there last year.

TheFuzz

I just want to say that while I haven't posted here in a while, I come here for a break from the "how should I tell this girl I like her?" and "Ben Carson said something stupid" posts in OT.

Wrasslegaf, thanks for keeping me sane. You're doing good work.

I just want to say that while I haven't posted here in a while, I come here for a break from the "how should I tell this girl I like her?" and "Ben Carson said something stupid" posts in OT.

Wrasslegaf, thanks for keeping me sane. You're doing good work.

there's only one way to do online forums, that's using the power of positivity.

on that note, i read stro's review of nxt respect, and it was a good review. sounds like the words of a man who is alive. nice to see. i never knew him really but i know his reputation around here and it looks like we can enjoy stro on a good reading review basis.

bjork

I used to be able to beat Symphony of the Night in under an hour. Tried streaming some out and got stonewalled about 40:00 in, which used to be where I was at ~8:00 in. Out of practice, indeed.

Colocho

Banned
Swagger is pretty talented, tall, and still somewhat over, I feel it would totally revitalize his career if he went to NXT.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah, saw it pop up. Gonna watch it later, but man, Bestia 666 is pretty great

Also, that Fénix vs Matt Cross vs Seiya Sanada vs Angelico seems like it could be fun

Only really interested in Fenix from that match really. Definitely looking forward to watching tue full 6 man tag though. Rey Horus has been amazing this year and if it wasn't for Yuji Hino existing, I'd say 2015 was his year. At least so far as Mexican Indies go. No idea why AAA hasn't scooped him up.

And Fantasma is amazing as usual.

My friend got his orders and has to move down to Pensacola, FL (Roman Reigns' hometown). He says it's a big incest town and he's pissed.

He doesn't watch wrestling.

Top Bottom