• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

tumblr_nvze4e716n1rs5sldo1_540.jpg

tm24

Only really interested in Fenix from that match really. Definitely looking forward to watching tue full 6 man tag though. Rey Horus has been amazing this year and if it wasn't for Yuji Hino existing, I'd say 2015 was his year. At least so far as Mexican Indies go. No idea why AAA hasn't scooped him up.

And Fantasma is amazing as usual.
There was an interview a couple months back with horuz about how he wanted to grow by wrestling internationally. So the flamita method which will probably be the norm for most young luchadors nowadays

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What a weird night for CMLL! That Mistico II match should be fun

I like the part where everyone hit Mistico with their shit because everyone hates him, including the crowd.

Hopefully Mysteziziziz goes to CMLL and Pentagon, Texano or Fantasma can have his spot. That last event REALLY made it look like they might have known something was up and were pushing the feud into Fantasma's hands

i'm getting less and less interested in the storylines and more in the in ring stuff as i go on here so i'm inclined to check out some of this international stuff

miserable

Data West pull out your Meltzer rulebook and please explain to me when do we take his words and opinions as gospel and when do we laugh at them?

kiguel182

You're entitled to your opinion, but ive never been a big believer when people try to selectively give one wrestler (or one team) all of the praise for a good match. It's always screamed to me of bias, and people only wanting to recognize their favourites.

It's like when people siad that Bryan was the sole reason the Bryan/Reigns match was so good, or that Bryan carried him. So why was Bryan/Ziggler (the 10 times they did it) worse? Did Bryan just decide not to carry Ziggler as far?

I'm a big believer that it takes two to tango. Admitting someone you don't dig played their part in making a match good doesn't harm your favourites, it feels very freeing!

I mean, it might be bias but I'm talking as a viewer I didn't feel like Corbin contributed much. I don't feel engaged in him to feel like he played a big part in that match and I was way more focused in Gable and Jordan.

I hear you. I think he's developing into a pretty decent big man. He's still got a ways to go and you're definitely right about his lack of mic work but I think he can get there. At worst he can be the silent big man of a stable.

And that ASUKA video? God....I LOVE the way she smiles at Emma...so subtle and borderline uncomfortable. Smiling but basically saying "I'll fuck you up too."

Oh and props to Dana Brooke who is also improving. I wonder if they'll run an angle where everybody knows Asuka beat her...except her.

Dana Brooke really grew on me, she has been doing great work for sure and plays the cocky heel role really well. She also made Asuka look really good and improved a ton in such a short amount of time. That match showed a ton of promise for the women's division after a ton of big players went to Raw.

kiguel182

In other news I have no idea why NXT signed Storm. They have to have someone better at the performance center. I don't get the appeal of Storm, he is no Samoa Joe that's for sure.

They need to focus on young guys unless is someone really good from outside WWE like Joe.

Browny

Banned
Careful now - you're heading straight towards Kid Rock territory...

Rewatching WK6 Juniors triple threat over a brew - Low Ki's get-up is pretty good, and damn can Devitt fly when he wants to.

Ithil

Data West pull out your Meltzer rulebook and please explain to me when do we take his words and opinions as gospel and when do we laugh at them?

If you agree with what he said, he's a respected journalist. If you don't agree with what he said, he's a hack and charlatan.

Dion314

Neo Member
He's a very good tag team wrestler. But he's already 38, so he should have more of a Rhino role. Part time wrestler, mostly a coach for the talent

I haven't seen much of him either but I like the idea of them bringing in older guys in the player/coach role. They're really getting A1 training down there with the access to so many guys on the current roster, legends, Indy vets and each other.

Top Bottom