• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Remember Cesaro?

Andre_The_Giant_Memorial.gif

Zach

It would give it structure beyond the tired rematch clause way to write feuds, and that would only be good. But how do you determine rankings without it just going Cena/Rollins/Reigns/Kane or whatever for eternity? I don't know if they still do, but the old Apter mags used to have top 10s for a bunch of organizations and I forget the way they came to their numbers.

I remember when I was, oh, 14 and my uncle's friend unloaded a bunch of old wrassle magazines circa 1990 on me. It was the coolest thing ever checking Top Tens, etc.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So what's better this year, wrassle-gaf, PES or FIFA? I assumed FIFA, but I heard PES was good this year. Or are PES people like ROH people?

bjork

I remember when I was, oh, 14 and my uncle's friend unloaded a bunch of old wrassle magazines circa 1990 on me. It was the coolest thing ever checking Top Tens, etc.

It was cool back then because I didn't have access to all the leagues, but in reading about them and seeing photos, I could imagine what it was like. A small window into this whole world outside of WWF, pretty neat.

Guys, we have to test our blood. It's the only way to find out who truly is Stro.

Plot twist: it's carnby

Look, the secret identity talk is fun but sooner or later will cause a rift in this community. I think we need to band together, and as I look at the landscape of WWE, coinciding with the month, I think we should all fire up our Networks and watch Kane matches all month.

imBask

Banned
I've mentioned it before in other topics, but the spirit is still the same. Because of the age we're in, people consume media faster than ever. This is a blessing and a curse for WWE, because it gives them an excuse to put out more content, but this also means there's too much on TV. The sheer amount of content and reminders also means that storylines can't really go on past a certain time without people thinking it's going nowhere. Remember when it was just Smackdown and Raw and only 4 hours a week? Stories could afford to take their time and go at a reasonable pace. Compare that to people already calling for Rollins' head because he's held the title a couple months.

yeahhh you're right about all of that... I still think there's a way to speed up storylines and make them work in this day an age, but the current writters can't handle that shit

r3mf9LF.gif

This is one of those moves that only the OG Tiger could do because Sayama was so fucking freakishly fast and smooth in nearly everything he executed. It looks kind of weird as it is, but he makes it work with his speed - anyone else trying to copy him would just make it look comical. This was a really odd match in general - bulky Fujinami just before he went heavyweight still doing lucha spots, Pete Roberts bringing that Euro wrestling and putting on some great exchanges with both Fuji & Tiger, El Solitario as the odd man out who just can't keep up with his opponents or the unconventional catch style of his partner.

I'll be 40 two years from now. Kinda seem weird to be a part of this forum.

You know one of my concerns is that we won't be able to play video games when arthritis kicks in.

Maybe I'll go full on tablet games because I'll just be able to point.

barely...

Dude I have same concerns and I am relatively the same age.

Heel

Strobogo was the outward manifestation of The Animated .GIF AI (also known as Squarespace), attempting to influence a niche culture as one step toward a future it sees fit. The second manifestation, brisk_tacos, was a more refined attempt.

Who (or, what) is the third? We may never know.

Sent from one possible future

You old timers can sit your asses down and fire up New Blood Rising on the Network while the rest of us live stream games and watch wrestling at the same time.

somedevil

Some news on a email incident that happened with Dixie and Destination America:

This e-mail incident really did happen, according to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter. It turns out Dixie sent an e-mail to several unintended recipients. Whoever she was sending it to, the e-mail was mostly Dixie complaining about how Discovery doesn't send out information on the +3 ratings, since Impact Wrestling usually does 15% to 20% more viewers when DVR viewership over the following 3 days after it airs is factored in.

Dixie reportedly called Graboff some negative names in the e-mail and took a shot at his intelligence in some way. Besides the intended recipients, Dixie also sent the e-mail to Destination America Group President Harvey Schlieff and several other Discovery executives. Schlieff responded to Dixie and said he was sorry she felt that way about Graboff. Graboff was also copied on the e-mails, apparently by Schlieff so he could see what was happening. Obviously this did not go over well with the network and likely added to the problems that the ratings had brought on.

Dixie taking email sending tips from Vince Russo.

I've only got three years and nine months left until I hit 40 as well. 36 and in a wrasslin' thread. Anonymously thought so it doesn't count
until the great Skynet web privacy leak of 2027

When my GF walks in and Rollins is cutting a promo, or Heyman, she looks at me and says "Don't you think this is a bit silly?" "Aren't you too old for this?"

I tell her this is serious sh*t, and that things are about to go down!!!!!!!!

I think I still watch, because it reminds of some of the best periods in my life, that are non wrestling related, but I have strong connection to

NWA/WCW Saturday night During the 80's.
WWF Sunday night watching local stations at 11:00 pm when I should have been in bed because of school..(this was around Undertaker debut)

Nitro 95-99
RAW 97-2000

I get very nostalgic and goosebumpy when I think of these times. No matter what I was doing, or where I was in life, Ill never forget accidentally finding TBS on a Saturday afternoon, and hearing Ric Flair tell me how he was going to take Nikita apart.

Top Bottom