• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

A table for 3 with Barrett would just be a therapy session with him, ending with the two other guys offering to pay off the bill for him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Gah dang, how many of these are we getting? I've enjoyed the others.

I hope a lot more. They rushed the Piper one out with his death but it looks pretty steady now. Wonder what else they have filmed.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No shit. Sting, DDP and Vader sounds amazing if Vader doesn't start crying ala Flair.

But LOL @ the Owens one, he's not gonna have time to even interject when there's food on the table.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why is Bryan witchcraft shaming Ryback when his sessions with shamans are well documented?

Ryback is into the occult? This is an interesting turn for his character. The Cornfed Demonhead.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dude loves The Secret, I'm not surprised, that shit is goofy as hell

I remember at my first job they made me sit down and watch the DVD movie

Kill me

You were employed? Huh.

They could do a Table for 3 on ECW and invite Jerry Lynn. He'll do anything for a warm meal.

Table for 3 ECW at the Hotdog Stand with Tommy Dreamer, Jerry Lynn, and Paul Heyman.

klonere

Banned
When he came in for DGUSA, I played his music during intermission (background noise, and I only had themes). Bono sticks his head out confused, and I say I like the song, so I played it. End up talking with him about how he had it custom made.

Wow that's pretty cool!

He sounds like he has a pretty fascinating story (Hawaii > first foreign Sumo champion > Wrestling). He nearly killed Ishikawa in that match I posted though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Big Bono is super cool. He loves the N64 as well, like a bunch of you people did for some reason.

This conversation is great: 2 guys who know their careers aren't going anywhere and another who is just hopelessly positive. Fun stuff.

NJPW on AXS is doing WK9 all,next month

Oct. 9 at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT

IWGP Junior Tag Team Championship four-Way Match – Kyle O’Reilly and Bobby Fish; KUSHIDA and Alex Shelley; Rocky Romero and Alex Koslov; and Matt Jackson and Nick Jackson
IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship – Ryusuke Taguchi versus Kenny Omega
Oct. 16 at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT

Tetsuya Naito versus A.J. Styles
NEVER Openweight Championship – Tomohiro Ishii versus Togi Makabe
Oct. 23 at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT

Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima and Tomaoki Honma versus the Bullet Club (Jeff Jarrett, Back Luck Fale and Yujiro Takahashi)
Special Single Match – Kazushi Sakuraba versus Minoru Suzuki
IWGP Tag Championship – Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows versus Hirooki Goto and Katsuyori Shibata
Oct. 30 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT

Toru Yano, Naomichi Marufuji, Mikey Nicholls and Shane Haste versus Takashi Iizuka, Shelton X Benjamin, Lance Archer and Davey Boy Smith Jr.
IWGP Intercontinental Championship – Shinsuke Nakamura versus Kota Ibushi
Nov. 6 at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT

IWGP Heavyweight Championship – Hiroshi Tanahashi versus Kazuchika Okada

imBask

Banned
the Table for 3 with New Day was great, but i'm watching the legends one right now and meh.

"Back in my daaayyyys"
"I know right!"
repeat

Table for 3: ECW
Jerry Lynn, Sabu, Paul Heyman

Jerry Lynn is too busy eating his first hot meal in months to talk, and Sabu calls up the rest of the ECW roster to ask Heyman where the money is.

klonere

Banned
He talked a little bit about that, ya. It was interesting knowing the journey he took to do what he does. Dude's had a hell of a life.

And he killed Low-Ki!

I've been lead to believe that I should not feel sorry for Low Ki in this case.

This conversation is great: 2 guys who know their careers aren't going anywhere and another who is just hopelessly positive. Fun stuff.

I still think that the current Ryback character can work. Just don't script that motherfucker. His original in ring promo, on the Raw where they let Cesaro cut a promo (clearly the writers took a break) about the book was leaps and bounds ahead of anything he's done since.

A goofy, positive face jacked up dude is money for the kids, it's not like they have anybody like tha-

Zach

So I was looking at this weekend's college football games and I says to myself, I says "would some sort of rankings work in WWE?" I mean, I know it's not going to happen -- because "it's not a sport; it's entertainment" -- but would that make some of us more sports-minded people enjoy it more? I know dubya c dubya did it and it fizzled out, but what do you guys think? I mean, don't they have Power Rankings on their website anyway? At the very least, would it do anything positive or negative to list their Power Ranking on their little name graphic like they do with Twitter handles?

I dunno, just a thought.

bjork

Beetle Adventure Racing sucked.

stossel-beat-down-o.gif

So I was looking at this weekend's college football games and I says to myself, I says "would some sort of rankings work in WWE?" I mean, I know it's not going to happen -- because "it's not a sport; it's entertainment" -- but would that make some of us more sports-minded people enjoy it more? I know dubya c dubya did it and it fizzled out, but what do you guys think? I mean, don't they have Power Rankings on their website anyway? At the very least, would it do anything positive or negative to list their Power Ranking on their little name graphic like they do with Twitter handles?

I dunno, just a thought.

It would give it structure beyond the tired rematch clause way to write feuds, and that would only be good. But how do you determine rankings without it just going Cena/Rollins/Reigns/Kane or whatever for eternity? I don't know if they still do, but the old Apter mags used to have top 10s for a bunch of organizations and I forget the way they came to their numbers.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunny's WWE Power Rankings Top Ten

1. Seth Rollins - When you're on top, it's hard to fall.
2. Brock Lesnar - The Beast goes to Hell!
3. The Undertaker - The Deadman is looking for revenge!
4. John Cena - The US Open Challenge hustle is earning loyalty and respect!
5. Rusev - A man scorned is a dangerous man indeed.
6. The New Day - The Power of Positivity ensures their rise.
7. Kevin Owens - Don't judge a book by his cover. The newly-christened IC champion Owens can work despite his size.
8. Ryback - It's no Secret that Ryback is seeking to regain his lost Championship.
9. Charlotte - Her Championship win showed that she's capable of taking out one of the best Divas champions in years--and she did it with Flair!
10. Bray Wyatt - The Pig Fucker from Louisiana creeps further up the rankings, like a sexually frustrated old man stalking his grandson in the middle of the night.

klonere

Banned
Sunny's WWE Power Rankings Top Ten

1. Seth Rollins - When you're on top, it's hard to fall.
2. Brock Lesnar - The Beast goes to Hell!
3. The Undertaker - The Deadman is looking for revenge!
4. John Cena - The US Open Challenge hustle is earning loyalty and respect!
5. Rusev - A man scorned is a dangerous man indeed.
6. The New Day - The Power of Positivity ensures their rise.
7. Kevin Owens - Don't judge a book by his cover. The newly-christened IC champion Owens can work despite his size.
8. Ryback - It's no Secret that Ryback is seeking to regain his lost Championship.
9. Charlotte - Her Championship win showed that she's capable of taking out one of the best Divas champions in years--and she did it with Flair!
10. Bray Wyatt - The Pig Fucker from Louisiana creeps further up the rankings, like a sexually frustrated old man stalking his grandson in the middle of the night.

This is what happens when you don't pay the intern's Vince, they get antsy going through these pointless lists!

klonere

Banned
Re-watched that CMLL match Boots.

Some of those dives were completely brutal. Cavernario slammed Triton into the barricade coming off a suicide dive. And then Cavernario splashed him from the top rope while Triton was still selling.

The interstitial interview with the ring girl was very Latin American.

Top Bottom