• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Fox318

Rollins is the worst booked champion of all time, I stand by my words

atniouF.jpg

Lothar

Banned
Mankind campaigning to be Austin's tag partner has begun. What a delightful angle. Austin all like "Mankind's a smart man for wanting to team with me, but I think he sucks and is a piece of human garbage." Mankind continues unfazed with a "PICK ME, STEVE" sign around his neck. :D

Instead of watching Raw, everyone should do this and watch Raws from 1997. Guaranteed to be a better experience.

I love that Austin turned on Mankind who was a face and it was of course not a heel turn. People cheered it. Austin was someone the people rooted for who didn't like the other good guys or bad guys. They were all garbage to him.

football

baseball playoffs

this garbage fucking show

please let the rating be <2 this week

I can't wait till the Dallas Raw. Imagine Vince's reaction and how the next Raw will be after a Raw with Austin, Brock, Taker, Shawn, and Flair still bombs in the ratings

KingBroly

Banned
They need to take the belt off Seth NOW. This is just embarrassing. The shitty ratings aren't helping him, either. Beating HHH isn't going to catapult him to God status, either.

2 playoff Baseball games and a Football game, the ratings are probably trash, I watch some of raw tonight i was watching the other games..

Fox318

They need to take the belt off Seth NOW. This is just embarrassing. The shitty ratings aren't helping him, either. Beating HHH isn't going to catapult him to God status, either.

Cena is getting that strap at mania.

Right now he is the only (full time) man on the roster that isn't booked like a geek.

espher

I thought it was an entertaining if entirely predictable finale. I have to think they're going to have Seth win at HiaC. Surely they can't be dumb enough to have him chain-job all the way to the title drop, right?

Then again...

Legit stunned at how atrociously booked he is.

lol thinking seth will go over HHH at this point i expect HHH tot ake the belt off of Rolins.

Dion314

Neo Member
Rollins is the worst booked champion of all time, I stand by my words

I wanna argue that down but fuck man....you might be right.

He's definitely one of for sure. Why is the champ taking CLEAN losses on Raw? I can take a loss if it suits the story/is going somewhere but Seth will end up going over Kane somehow so...this was pretty pointless.

And I read Charlotte lost too?!

I could've sworn basic booking says you protect your champ.

Edit- what exactly is Seth's gimmick these days anyway? He was the "Architect" then he was the Authority's guy....now he's just some guy that's SUPPOSED to be a heel that wrestles like a face and jobs like a bitch almost every time he gets in the ring.

The lack of the Authority being with him truly feels like they sent him out to see if he'll sink or swim on his own with shitty booking.

I didn't understand for one second what that main event was trying to accomplish, storyline-wise. What about the story am I supposed to understand or feel that I did not already understand or feel going into the match? What the fuck is even happening anymore?

This last month of Raws REALLY feel like WWE has just given up. Even New Day hasn't quite been enough, because they're booked so terribly. They were made to look like dominant, vicious heels at the end of Raw last week, only to go back to being total jokes who can get utterly trounced by Ambrose and Orton for 95% of a match to set up a bullshit, overdone "can they get along!?" storyline for a later match nobody cares about. How hard can it be to have stories make sense from week to week? How can Vince not care about this very basic tenet of storytelling, especially when he so seeks to distance himself from wrestling?

Jopie

I wanna argue that down but fuck man....you might be right.

He's definitely one of for sure. Why is the champ taking CLEAN losses on Raw? I can take a loss if it suits the story/is going somewhere but Seth will end up going over Kane somehow so...this was pretty pointless.

And I read Charlotte lost too?!

I could've sworn basic booking says you protect your champ.

NXT! NXT! NXT!

It could be used as a plot device, if they had any clue on what they were doing with him. It could be like a pro sports team that plays to the level of the competition and does just enough to skate by. Then they turn it on during the playoffs.

They could make Seth a character that only wins when it matters. They could make him a jerk that doesnt try as hard in all the other matches as they are below him. They could have him give no effort since losing has no consequence.

He could keep that cocky attitude and end up losing the title to someone like Big E or Neville on a random Raw.

You can take always losing and do something with it. They won't, but they could.

zychi

Banned
So, if Punk didnt quit. Could Punk actually be in Rollins spot right now? Two of the worst booked champs ever.

I watched 2 mins of Raw total tonight. Saw Brie beat Charlotte, saw Kane come out to fight Seth in a lumberjack match, and something Cole was spewing about "Kane not being allowed to fight tonight, but Kane, I mean corporate Kane wasnt allowed to fight, but this IS DEMON KANE."

Raw is even more shitty and lame right now. Luckily there's the NFL, baseball playoffs, hockey and the NBA starting soon.

NXT on the other hand was fantastic last week

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This SNME has a waterslide competition between Junkyard Dog and Jimmy Hart at a water park. Last week there was a pie eating contest between Lou Albano and King Kong Bundy.

How is it the fun n playful era yet they never do anything fun n playful like this?

Hey I tried to get a RAWlternative going for this week and no one bit. I was watching Lucha Underground all by my lonesome and it was enjoyable. Hell, next week just watch a Nitro or old RAW on the Network. It's good to take a break.

Top Bottom