• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

KingBroly

Banned
Roman Reigns is just....not that dude. Say what you will about Cena but he is quick enough to be able to deal with the hot crowds. Roman gets so clearly thrown off when the crowd is ripping him that he cannot even recap his own storyline without fumbling around. Vince, do everyone (including Roman) a favor and take away his brass ring. He's just not cut out for it.

I think it's funny looking back at that quote from him earlier this year before Wrestlemania saying negativity from people and the crowd doesn't get to him. It was a load of shit then, and it's a load of shit now. He simply can't handle it.

By contrast, Cena is always amused by "John Cena Sucks" chants. He brings the crowd into the show on the fly moreso than any other guy, and unfortunately, when it seems like others try to do the same they are punished for it.

The more time goes on, it feels like Rollins is a continued Parody of Reigns, who he really is, and how the company feels about him. He acts tough, but is a whiny bitch, is a handpicked brat and can't handle people calling him out on his shit. After Reigns beats Bray at HiaC, they need to just put him against Rollins for the Title so they can just change direction right now. They can't wait for Reigns to win another horribly put together Rumble and get booed out of the building at Mania. Hell, do Reigns-HHH at Rumble.

I wish they would play up Brock and Taker's entire history together, the HIAC match they had was one of the most brutal of all tiime and it won't get mentioned cause Vince wants to pretend Big Evil/ABA never existed.

Toki767

Reigns is going to get chance after chance after chance for the foreseeable future. Because really, Vince doesn't like anyone else and no one in NXT is going to come up that Vince will fully get behind.

He needs to stop doing a promo longer than 2 sentences. He probably would've been fine if he just went out and demanded Bray come out for an ass kicking.

tLi1nka.png

IT's prob Microsoft Server OS which looks sort of like that.
Wow, still? Then again I wouldn't put it past WWE's production and Dunn to be using 20 year old software seeing how dated their show production has become. But you're certainly right.

I think it's funny looking back at that quote from him earlier this year before Wrestlemania saying negativity from people and the crowd doesn't get to him. It was a load of shit then, and it's a load of shit now. He simply can't handle it.

By contrast, Cena is always amused by "John Cena Sucks" chants. He brings the crowd into the show on the fly moreso than any other guy, and unfortunately, when it seems like others try to do the same they are punished for it.

The more time goes on, it feels like Rollins is a continued Parody of Reigns, who he really is, and how the company feels about him. He acts tough, but is a whiny bitch, is a handpicked brat and can't handle people calling him out on his shit. After Reigns beats Bray at HiaC, they need to just put him against Rollins for the Title so they can just change direction right now. They can't wait for Reigns to win another horribly put together Rumble and get booed out of the building at Mania. Hell, do Reigns-HHH at Rumble.

Cena doesn't react to things, dude can have Randy Orton's dick rest on his shoulder and no fucks given.

But yeah, as I was saying a long while ago, from pretty much every media interview I've ever seen of Reigns he comes off as kind of a douche and that's a great comparison. He should be a heel because it seems that's the way his real personality favors.

bjork

But yeah, as I was saying a long while ago, from pretty much every media interview I've ever seen of Reigns he comes off as kind of a douche and that's a great comparison. He should be a heel because it seems that's the way his real personality favors.

I remember hearing him in a Giant Bomb interview and it was like he had already been a world champ 30x or something. I don't know if he's trying to be in character or what, but he seemed arrogant as shit at the time.

Line-up for the NJPW Super Jr. Tag Tournament, which kicks off at Road to Power Struggle from Korakuen Hall on October 24th - here's the teams;

. Time Splitters (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA)
. Ricochet & Matt Sydal
. Mascara Dorada & Ryusuke Taguchi
. The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson)
. RPG Vice (Rocky Romero & Baretta
. Kenny Omega & Chase Owens
. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger & Tiger Mask
. reDRagon (Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly)

Also, here's the partial card for Power Struggle itself;

NJPW, "POWER STRUGGLE", 2015/11/07
Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium

. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs Karl Anderson
. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Kota Ibushi vs Kazuchika Okada & Kazushi Sakuraba
. NEVER Openweight Title: Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs Tomoaki Honma
. Toru Yano & YOSHI-HASHI vs AJ Styles & Bad Luck Fale
. Hirooki Goto vs EVIL
. Super Jr. Tag Tounrnament - FINAL

Note, Naito has named Takaaki Watanabe: EVIL, King of All Darkness.

Rutti

Well your reactions to yesterdays RAW has made me give up on it for now. From now on I will stick to reading the results and watching PPVs. Maybe I will check some stuff from youtube like New Day segments.

Aiii

So not worth it
Line-up for the NJPW Super Jr. Tag Tournament, which kicks off at Road to Power Struggle from Korakuen Hall on October 24th - here's the teams;

. Ricochet & Matt Sydal

. Hirooki Goto vs EVIL

Already a great card without knowing who is in the tag tournament finals.

Roman Reigns is just....not that dude. Say what you will about Cena but he is quick enough to be able to deal with the hot crowds. Roman gets so clearly thrown off when the crowd is ripping him that he cannot even recap his own storyline without fumbling around. Vince, do everyone (including Roman) a favor and take away his brass ring. He's just not cut out for it.

Reigns mic skills are bad and because of that he will never be top tier in the company...when he speaks i laugh or change the channel...

MC Safety

The good thing about Reigns now is that he enunciates. You can tell one of the first things they told him when he was sent to charm school or whatever was to enunciate.

Other than that, he might do better away from the endless Bray Wyatt feud.

The good thing about Reigns now is that he enunciates. You can tell one of the first things they told him when he was sent to charm school or whatever was to enunciate.

Other than that, he might do better away from the endless Bray Wyatt feud.
The way he speaks comes off as fake to me a lot. When he's hanging out with Ambrose he feels natural but other times when he does solo promos or doing spokesperson stuff he just sounds like someone trying hard to be Cena.

Its like they won't let the man be Roman Reigns, Vince wants another Cena.

Striker

Reigns is going to get chance after chance after chance for the foreseeable future. Because really, Vince doesn't like anyone else and no one in NXT is going to come up that Vince will fully get behind.

He needs to stop doing a promo longer than 2 sentences. He probably would've been fine if he just went out and demanded Bray come out for an ass kicking.
Shows you they don't play to their performers strength. Same for Rollins going out there weekly cutting the samey promo. The audience were chanting "boring" at one not too long ago. Surprised it hasn't happened more often.

Recall

I wonder if Reigns would be better without scripts, ya know let the actual human speak his way not how others have decided.

He has no personality or more importantly if he does have any it's being withheld.

miserable

. Ricochet & Matt Sydal

. Hirooki Goto vs EVIL

Any chance Anderson wins the IC title?

Any chance Anderson wins the IC title?

Probably not, but the IC title scene's uncertain at the moment - Shinsuke's made it clear that he doesn't know what to do with the belt, that he's taken it as far as he can, so a new champion is certainly on the table. Whether that'll be Anderson is another matter - he could definitely do with a singles run, but the tag belts are holding him back. If he wins the IC title at Power Struggle, they'll have to scramble to get the tag belts off him and Doc before Wrestle Kingdom, as they'll want all the belts to be defended on the biggest show of the year.

So I'd say no, Karl loses and maybe Shiozaki comes out to challenge Nakamura for Wrestle Kingdom.

Cena is the type of dude who will counsel a squabbling couple while he's drinking with Jericho and play with Jericho's iPod in the dark while Jericho is passed out on a bed. Nothing shakes him except for Nikki's marriage demands.

miserable

Probably not, but the IC title scene's uncertain at the moment - Shinsuke's made it clear that he doesn't know what to do with the belt, that he's taken it as far as he can, so a new champion is certainly on the table. Whether that'll be Anderson is another matter - he could definitely do with a singles run, but the tag belts are holding him back. If he wins the IC title at Power Struggle, they'll have to scramble to get the tag belts off him and Doc before Wrestle Kingdom, as they'll want all the belts to be defended on the biggest show of the year.

So I'd say no, Karl loses and maybe Shiozaki comes out to challenge Nakamura for Wrestle Kingdom.

Wasn't there a rumor that Elgin is gonna get a title shot? Anyway i hope they take that belt off Nakamura at WK.

Wasn't there a rumor that Elgin is gonna get a title shot? Anyway i hope they take that belt off Nakamura at WK.

They could do a match with Elgin, as #BIGMIKE technically 'beat' him in the G1 because Nakamura had to forfeit the match due to injury. Elgin's facing Ishii in ROH next February, I could see them doing a NEVER title program between the two.

. Ricochet & Matt Sydal

. Hirooki Goto vs EVIL

EVIL? *snicker* Now that's a name.

Uh, why are they not saving Ishii vs. Honma until the dome? Please tell me Ishii doesn't retain and we get Ishii vs. Makabe again. Maybe drag in Ibushi or Shibata. I'm just upset Gedo and Jado don't feel like Ishii and Honma can draw in the Dome when it's proven they can.

Pretty obvious that Ricochet and Sydal are winning the Jr. tag tournament, that's a damn dream team. Also interesting to see Omega and Owens team up - does this mean Owens is in the BC? Bruce Tharpe Des gonna be pissed. Also the finals being at Power Struggle rather than its own event leads me to believe the winners won't receive their shot at Power Struggle as has been the last two years (to set up the four-way at WK) but they'll just get a title shot at WK instead.

And my pick is still AJ getting the IC title shot at WK, probably he makes the challenge after Anderson loses and Nak gets a beatdown from the BC. Styles vs. Nakamura is a massive money match, and I say Styles wins the title there.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Cena is the type of dude who will counsel a squabbling couple while he's drinking with Jericho and play with Jericho's iPod in the dark while Jericho is passed out on a bed. Nothing shakes him except for Nikki's marriage demands.

I thought that was kind of funny that Cena did a shout out to the newly engaged couple yet he is deathly afraid of marriage. Wonder what Nikki thought about that!

Uh, why are they not saving Ishii vs. Honma until the dome? Please tell me Ishii doesn't retain and we get Ishii vs. Makabe again. Maybe drag in Ibushi or Shibata. I'm just upset Gedo and Jado don't feel like Ishii and Honma can draw in the Dome when it's proven they can.

I think it's more about wanting Makabe to have something to do on the biggest card of the year, he's very popular and has got more mainstream appeal than most due to the numerous TV appearances he makes. I really hope they don't do Ishii vs Makabe again, but I think Honma winning the NEVER title and then being challenged by his friend and G.B.H. stablemate Makabe would make for an interesting match at Wrestle Kingdom.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Elgin is a good match for NEVER. Between Ishii and Makabe it could turn into a hoss title.

Elgin is a good match for NEVER. Between Ishii and Makabe it could turn into a hoss title.

It pretty much already is. I'd like to see it return to it's original purpose for younger guys and outsiders (hence why I want Ibushi and Shibata in the title picture so badly - also their G1 match was fucking awesome and I'd love to see them go 20-25 minutes.)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't watch Raw - how did they handle our glorious man, Rusev?

imBask

Banned
I didn't watch Raw - how did they handle our glorious man, Rusev?

lost clean to Ryback in a squash match
Summer slapped him and called him names
the closest thing to a burial we've seen in a while

stupid Rusev, as a WWE Superstar you have no business getting engaged with the women you love.

Fox318

stupid Rusev, as a WWE Superstar you have no business getting engaged with the women you love.
Will Vince pull a sable and now try to get Lana with Reigns?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Doesn't sound like a burial at all, it sounds like a wonderful escape. No Ziggler! Praise Ryback for helping Rusev to get out of that shitshow.

Just got an email. Chris Charlton's NJPW book comes out Nov 11.excited

So if you've been keeping up with the Twitter stream (if not, you should! Matt Striker and MVP approved!) or the Facebook page, you'll know I felt comfortable enough over the weekend to settle on a release date for the paperback and digital versions of the book of November 11

Man God

Non-Canon Member

That was hardly a squash match.

Top Bottom