• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

So THIS is the story. How long ago was this?

I dunno, four months? Bronson just kinda laughed at it, cuz he gets that stro is basically harmless, if caustic and obsessive (he literally has a Youtube series that's like 80 videos of him beating up Konnan in some WCW game), but still, not a good look to be throwing in with the anti-trans dummies, even as a joke.

DMczaf

Asstober is here

W17yeYo.gif

I dunno, four months? Bronson just kinda laughed at it, cuz he gets that stro is basically harmless, if caustic and obsessive (he literally has a Youtube series that's like 80 videos of him beating up Konnan in some WCW game), but still, not a good look to be throwing in with the anti-trans dummies, even as a joke.

link?

bjork

So, long enough that it's a dead issue. That's sorta what I figured. Moving on, then.

bjork

I never got around to specifics but i read that he was having financial problems, as in no money, no?

I think he's had financial problems way longer than that, but I hadn't heard this HGH business. If he got off the juice, it would explain a lot. Look at 1992 Hogan and then 1993 Hogan, he's like a deflated balloon. So take the drugs out of Flair and up his age by 20%, makes sense.

I have nothing against Dana Brooke but I would really like to see Asuka get over as the female Tajiri and stiff the hell out of people. Will be fun to see and this could be a huge opportunity for Dana Brooke to show how far she has come in her training.

Yeah, me too. I saw her contract signing video. Dana needs some work on the mic.

Feeding Cesaro to the Big Show is really fucked up guys. Show will never look like a threat to Brock after their last encounter and they've squandered Cesaro's popularity yet again.

Barrage

Yoo..Ryback is gettin' bullied. Poor 'Back, dealing with Bryan and Stardust (AKA CM Punk Sleeper Cells).

Naito/Sombra and Daniels/Kazarian are confirmed for the tag league, per Big Dave. Also, Elgin's being brought in for the tour and there's talk of teaming him up with Tanahashi.

if that was 2002 you bet your ass he was on HGH

I think he's had financial problems way longer than that, but I hadn't heard this HGH business. If he got off the juice, it would explain a lot. Look at 1992 Hogan and then 1993 Hogan, he's like a deflated balloon. So take the drugs out of Flair and up his age by 20%, makes sense.

Yeah, he was definitely on HGH. Look at him here, FFS. In this, he's in better shape than he's ever been since 1989, and he's well over 50. Although to be fair, I'm pretty sure he wasn't ever on anything performance enhancing throughout his entire WCW run of 1993 onwards, so there's that.

bjork

What would you say the last great Flair match was?

I feel like I saw him in a title match with HHH one time that was pretty good, but I'm super fuzzy on the year.

That build up video for Bayley/Sasha was great, really looking forward to seeing what they do for 30 minutes. Their Brooklyn match is my favorite of the year and admittedly the first match in YEARS that I've gone back and watched more than once. It's at the very least my WWE "Universe" MOTY.

Breeze with the unprettier. Is Christian going to be his manager.
I was mildly annoyed with the commentary team playing stupid on the move.
I fully expect Gable and Jordan to win.
Same, it feels like that's what it's been building up to.

It's amazing that after all the years of Flair landing bumps like that he's never apparently had any hip problems. Did he start landing on more his side after the plane crash or was that something he always did? Because I can't remember ever seeing Ric take a flat back bump.

Oh and yeah in Triple H(GH) probably got Ric on his workout regiment at the time.

Top Bottom