• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

I've mentioned it before in other topics, but the spirit is still the same. Because of the age we're in, people consume media faster than ever. This is a blessing and a curse for WWE, because it gives them an excuse to put out more content, but this also means there's too much on TV. The sheer amount of content and reminders also means that storylines can't really go on past a certain time without people thinking it's going nowhere. Remember when it was just Smackdown and Raw and only 4 hours a week? Stories could afford to take their time and go at a reasonable pace. Compare that to people already calling for Rollins' head because he's held the title a couple months.

If Game of Thrones can get by on 8 hours a year, they can not oversaturate.
Triple J killed any chance TNA had of being even slight competition to WWE.
Noooooooope that happened well after Jarrett's time on top.

Recall

My brother borrowed my network sign on and asked for a list for the best WWF events 1996 - 2002 (2003-2004 can go fuck themselves) and for 96, 98 and 99 I couldn't really suggest 3 stellar top to bottom shows, just one off matches. Any help?

For 1996 the best show was Survivor Series.
For 1998 the best show was Summerslam.

I do remember 1998 Survivor Series being loved but no for the match quality but for the Russo-ness.

bjork

My brother borrowed my network sign on and asked for a list for the best WWF events 1996 - 2002 (2003-2004 can go fuck themselves) and for 96, 98 and 99 I couldn't really suggest 3 stellar top to bottom shows, just one off matches. Any help?

For 1996 the best show was Survivor Series.
For 1998 the best show was Summerslam.

96 WMXII
98 King of the Ring
99 maybe Fully Loaded?

Naito/Sombra and Daniels/Kazarian are confirmed for the tag league, per Big Dave. Also, Elgin's being brought in for the tour and there's talk of teaming him up with Tanahashi.

Any word yet of the Jr. tag tourney? They're obviously building up to another four-way at WK10 with the reDRagon/Bucks/RPG Vice feud, so I can see them doing the same thing they've done the last two years, bringing in another high-profile Jr. team to win the tourney and then the titles at Power Struggle. Maybe bring in someone from CMLL to team with Dorada? Or somebody from ROH to team with Sydal (like Jushin Liger's favorite wrestler, Cheeseburger?). Or, best of all, have Alex Shelley turn on KUSHIDA, join up with The Addiction, and reform the MOTHERFUCKING MOTOR CITY MACHINE GUNS!

Boots explain something to me please. how the fuck did TNA manage to get on several Wrestle Kingdom shows? was NJPW that desperate for gaijins?

At the time WWE was getting pretty big ratings on tv in Japan so NJPW thought bringing i the Hardys, RVD, etc would make their guys look better. They also really wanted to use Kurt Angle and had to partner with TNA to get him.

Recall

I hate 2003 so much, if it was for ROH and NOAH I would have totally given up on wrestling.

Both NJPW and WWE were not fun to watch at that time for I

bjork

Aiii

So not worth it
John Cena has not lost clean on Raw in nearly 6 years.

Nikki Bella says John Cena has no backstage pull.

So John Cena has not lost, despite not having any political pull.

Hogan, move over, we have a new king.

klonere

Banned
Supposedly it's for Impact tapings in India. They said Mahabali Shera would be part of the announcement.

I expect a whole new level of struggle with the roster for these tapings.

Christ, fuck going to India for that shit heap of a company. God knows what could happen over there.

This is their idea of getting Shera over as a star in the company so he can supposedly carry the tour over there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOrgmqcDyRY

WM 32

Bryan vs Zayn in the first ever "first to stay healthy match"

First one to dive to the outside is DQ'd match.

Seg1.jpg

Hex

Banned
"What's the Krate Ghali doing in the Impact Zone?"

TNA HAS MADE ITS LARGEST AQUISITION *CHUCKLE CHUCKLE CHUCKLE* OH MY I NEVER SAW THIS COMING!
TWITTER IS ON FIRE WITH THE NEWS! This world renowned superstar is now at home at TNA wrestling!
What a shocking night folks!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Let me hear Don West sell the Great Mahakali.

Shiozaki obviously fishing for a New Japan run, whether they bite or not remains to be seen - Go beat Okada back in 2009 when Okada was a young lion and Shiozaki was GHC Champion and, although you can't compare the Okada of then to the Okada of now, he's still 1-0 over the IWGP Heavyweight Champion. Okada also said in the post-match interview that night that, if he one day held a title in NJPW that he'd like to face Shiozaki as a champion, so there's a bit of history there between the two.

Top Bottom