• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Ciampa and Gargano are so interesting to watch. Remind me of London/Kendrick.

Also, their names are just so good.

It's pretty amazing how good of a douche heel Balor's entrance is. That sexy jacket is so much better than that facepaint junk he was doing. I actually never cared for Balor until the sexy jacket.

I can agree on Apollo, but he just doesn't have a reason to do anything but smile right now. He seems he can make a good, arrogant heel. I wonder if he can bring out the emotion as a face though.

Sami Zayn was a fantastic babyface because of this.

I said before that Raw lacks a compelling hero. Ambrose was the last guy who they squandered, and Daniel Bryan was the man before getting put into a Kane feud and stripped of the title.

But Sami Zayn was NXT, and his promos with Neville were tremendous. That guy really nails the emotions like no one else.

My guess is she beats Dana and then goes after Emma. As for Bayley my guess is Nia Jax is going to finally stop being NXT Glacier and debut after Bayley wins and attacks her.

Then NXT will have there own Awesome Kong vs Gail Kim feud they always wanted. Hope Nia can fill the role.

Also, when is Hideo coming back? He should be ready soon. Cause right now he is rocking Tyler Breeze hair color:

https://instagram.com/p/8G4uLqyafQ/

Itami doing his best Shinsuke Nakamura impression there.

Look if you really think about it they've been holding Cena back for years. Dude will never win over ISEC or the rest of neckbeard masses while he's face. So despite all the work the dude puts in and strides he makes, chanting John Cena Sucks has just become a thing people do without any thought. This seems like a pretty deliberate decision made by the WWE to prevent Cena from ever getting too over, sure hes winning matches but dude is getting squashed.

RP912

Banned
I know I'm part time in these parts because wrasslin been sucking lately...but.....INDY POSTER THURSDAY!

6002866_orig.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
Look if you really think about it they've been holding Cena back for years. Dude will never win over ISEC or the rest of neckbeard masses while he's face. So despite all the work the dude puts in and strides he makes, chanting John Cena Sucks has just become a thing people do without any thought. This seems like a pretty deliberate decision made by the WWE to prevent Cena from ever getting too over, sure hes winning matches but dude is getting squashed.

Haha, pretending that WWE has long-term foresight and works in a proactive, rather than a reactive manner. Good one, Pepsi.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
#IndiePosterThursday

Tulsa is bringing it

12043181_962427540486284_4775623598806687466_n.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Go to that Speakeasy Spectacular. Sounds fun.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This guy has charisma up the wazoo. I sense a plane ticket to Full Sail for him in the future.

He really does, though - Mr. Nasty - he's a ton of fun to watch and definitely has "it"

Ithil

My guess is she beats Dana and then goes after Emma. As for Bayley my guess is Nia Jax is going to finally stop being NXT Glacier and debut after Bayley wins and attacks her.

Then NXT will have there own Awesome Kong vs Gail Kim feud they always wanted. Hope Nia can fill the role.

Also, when is Hideo coming back? He should be ready soon. Cause right now he is rocking Tyler Breeze hair color:

https://instagram.com/p/8G4uLqyafQ/

He's probably going to be back at the Takeover show or the tapings the night after. He's already been backstage at the shows for a while, someone who attended the most recent tapings said he was there at the building with no sign of any trouble with his arm.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Their core audience is conditioned to hate him. That's a heel if I've ever heard of one, really - ranks up there with "gay gimmicks get booed" in the 80s, things like that.

Hex

Banned
It is weird to me that Emma in WWE was essentially the alpha run for Bayley. (In my opinion)
Thankfully Bayley is Bayley and awesome, and evil Emma is the much better Emma.

Sephzilla

Goldberg had way better signature moves than Warrior did though. The most over thing about Warrior was his entrance music.

DMczaf

Goldberg's run is underrated at this point.

Bad ass look.

Bad ass entrance

Bad ass theme

Bad ass move set.

All because he couldn't work a 15 min wrestling match he gets berried tho. Fuck that, I never wanted a 15 min Goldberg match. I wanted 2 minutes of destruction. It was like seeing a Tyson fight every week.

Hex

Banned
I wish WWE had the patience to book a goldberg

It would be terrible.
They would have everyone job to the asshat just to build him up (kind of like they are having everyone job to Big Show just because they think that it will somehow make people believe that there is some sliver of a chance that he might beat Brock Saturday) hurting most of your roster to build one person who eventually will have to lose.
It worked in the day when you had Iron Mike Sharpes and Barry Horowitzes to throw in front of them aplenty but sooner or later you will run out of your Fandangos and Adam Roses to toss in front of them.

I've also noticed a trend where WWE is crafting a narrative that John Cena is some sort of master backstage manipulator in order to further turn the fans against him. Why else would multiple divas be told to bring up the tired sexist talking point of "Nikki's success is owed to whom she sleeps with"

bjork

Goldberg had way better signature moves than Warrior did though. The most over thing about Warrior was his entrance music.

Everyone's music was over. Warrior was huge until he got the belt and there was no one for him to fight because everyone except Rude had lost to him.

Warrior was not more badass than Goldberg.

Matter of preference, I guess. You're allowed to be wrong.

I've also noticed a trend where WWE is crafting a narrative that John Cena is some sort of master backstage manipulator in order to further turn the fans against him. Why else would multiple divas be told to bring up the tired sexist talking point of "Nikki's success is owed to whom she sleeps with"

They're shooting, brother

Sephzilla

Goldberg's run is underrated at this point.

Bad ass look.

Bad ass entrance

Bad ass theme

Bad ass move set.

All because he couldn't work a 15 min wrestling match he gets berried tho. Fuck that, I never wanted a 15 min Goldberg match. I wanted 2 minutes of destruction. It was like seeing a Tyson fight every week.

Bingo. Everybody bought Tyson fights to see Tyson wreck the fuck out of someone in the first round. Goldberg was the pro wrestling version of that.

Fox318

It would be terrible.
They would have everyone job to the asshat just to build him up (kind of like they are having everyone job to Big Show just because they think that it will somehow make people believe that there is some sliver of a chance that he might beat Brock Saturday) hurting most of your roster to build one person who eventually will have to lose.
It worked in the day when you had Iron Mike Sharpes and Barry Horowitzes to throw in front of them aplenty but sooner or later you will run out of your Fandangos and Adam Roses to toss in front of them.

They need enhancement talent. They need guys that nobody has heard of on raw so you don't have people trying to start a groundswell of the Chuck Taylor's and Hugh Morris's getting main event pushes.

Remember the Jobbers they got to get the ascension over in 3 second matches? They should do that but longer matches and have teams no sell offense.

Browny

Banned
Holy shit at ROD - that's some quality wrasslers there.

BJ Hancock... Stumpy... Will Demented...

Big Country looks mean though...

Striker

Or a Warrior-Triple H match at Wrestlemania 12. Fans wanted to see him, and they did. They wanted to see him beat the snot out of someone, they did. That's all that is needed.

Nowadays, these smark fans would want to see him do a suicide dive followed by a superkick outside. Then get on the apron to do a asai moonsault.

Yeah, they really need to cut that shit out. Nikki has been doing well since returning from injury.

Top Bottom