• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

I hope RAW is better tonight!

BREAKING NEWS: Corporate Kane has been suspended.

20151019_RAW_Kane_LIGHT_HOMEPAGE.jpg

Maybe I should just go watch the Star Wars thing instead.

Edit: STONE COLD

He looks like Draco Malfoy! What would you have us do, ignore the fact?

I used to insist that piracy was a good tool for introducing fans to indie wrestling, but I've since realised that the vast majority who download are perfectly happy to go without if they can't obtain a show for free.

I don't pirate (except for the occasional "big match" from NJPW that ends up on DailyMotion), but I can say that, for me, wrestling feels like such a trashy, insubstantial, silly thing that I can't really justify spending more than a minimal amount on it. You can buy the fancy Cheetos from the store, but for the most part, the experience is not substantially better enough to justify the extra cost, since it's not healthful either way, y'know? WWE is frustrating, sometimes even soul-sucking to watch, but I do appreciate that, in comparison to almost any indie I feel like I ever see, there is an emphasis on some level of storytelling, and authority figures in the back reining in the excess.

Top Bottom