• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Hex

Banned
I am DYING
12122673_1078040042207048_2749438515275787272_n.png

XS5LK.gif

And yes still laughing

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There are far too many goddamn Star Wars threads right now

The movie comes out in like 2 months, tranquilo

Thanks for bringing this up, now people will talk about it in here. I hope not, but you know how people are.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Roseanne was the first time I saw a television kitchen and was like 'ok that actually looks like my kitchen.' Everyone else had these gigantic living room sized kitchens

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Roseanne was the first time I saw a television kitchen and was like 'ok that actually looks like my kitchen.' Everyone else had these gigantic living room sized kitchens

On that same thread, it was the first time I saw a family on TV and said "this looks like part of my extended family"

Aiii

So not worth it
It's just the Marvel threads, but about SW.

I guess we shouldn't really comment, given how bean breath makes a new wrestling thread every other day about the most trivial shit possible. At least SW actually still means something to the general folks that browse OT.

Die Hard 2 gets shit on a lot more than it rightfully deserves to. I straight up think its way better than Die Hard 3. Also, Die Hard 4 is fun as fuck.
I wouldn't say 2 is better than 3, even on a good day. But I do agree that 2 is weirdly hated on.
The Roseanne set was legit as fuck for that era. That really felt like a house and not a set.

Roseanne is a show that does NOT get enough props for how real everything seemed, from the sets to the plots.

jmdajr

I love Star wars.

What about Star Wars do you guys want to talk about?

I'm pretty fucking hype. I don't want to talk about it, or read about, or any of that shit.

I just want to sit down... and watch. That's it. And yup, I'm pretty stoked.

edit: My have my ticket for 9:40am, Dec. 18. Reserved seating.

edit edit: You know getting hype about stuff is good. It's good for the mind. Good for living. We should all be excited about something every day, or try to be.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't the original Under Siege originally start as Die Hard 2 and they had to change? Or was that Under Siege 2 as Die Hard 3?

Or was that Dynamite Cop/Die Hard Arcade?

FUCK.

Sephzilla

I wouldn't say 2 is better than 3, even on a good day. But I do agree that 2 is weirdly hated on.

What turns me off to Die Hard 3 is that its basically Die Hard 1 just not in Nakatomi Tower. It's a Gruber who's out on some crazy terrorist scheme that is (surprise) actually just a bank robbery, McClane has an estranged relationship with his wife again for some reason, he gets a black partner who helps him out, instead of jumping off a roof to avoid a huge explosion he jumps off a boat to avoid a huge explosion.

Die Hard 2 at least attempts something slightly different.

Roseanne is a show that does NOT get enough props for how real everything seemed, from the sets to the plots.

I think the whole reveal at the end really hurt the show's legacy

Die Hard Arcade is fucking incredible

I'll smack the shit out of a dude with a rocket launcher, or The Knee That Beat Cena'd some little shit in a hallway. Best QTE.

Didn't the original Under Siege originally start as Die Hard 2 and they had to change? Or was that Under Siege 2 as Die Hard 3?

Or was that Dynamite Cop/Die Hard Arcade?

FUCK.

You're close, but still kinda mixed up. Die Hard 3 was originally gonna be on a boat, but they changed it when they heard Under Siege was doing that. They later got a different script and retooled it to include McClane, which was originally called "Simon Says."

And yes, it was almost going to be Lethal Weapon 4 before McClane was added.

Sephzilla

The origin of the first Die Hard movie is fucking nuts, actually. The story was an adaptation of a book called Nothing Lasts Forever, which was a sequel to a book called The Detective which was turned into a Frank Sinatra movie. So first Die Hard almost started as a Frank Sinatra sequel. Then Sinatra turned it down and they tweaked the story to work as a sequel to Commando and pitched it to Arnold Schwarzenegger, who also turned it down. Then they had to tweak it again to be a stand alone story, which turned into Die Hard

Speaking of Die Hard and a lack of original scripts, Die Hard 5 was the only one that had an original script written for it. And it's also widely considered to be the worst one. Funny how that works.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You're close, but still kinda mixed up. Die Hard 3 was originally gonna be on a boat, but they changed it when they heard Under Siege was doing that. They later got a different script and retooled it to include McClane, which was originally called "Simon Says."

And yes, it was almost going to be Lethal Weapon 4 before McClane was added.

That must have been it. Just bananas.

The origin of the first Die Hard movie is fucking nuts, actually. The story was an adaptation of a book called Nothing Lasts Forever, which was a sequel to a book called The Detective which was turned into a Frank Sinatra movie. So first Die Hard almost started as a Frank Sinatra sequel. Then Sinatra turned it down and they tweaked the story to work as a sequel to Commando and pitched it to Arnold Schwarzenegger, who also turned it down. Then they had to tweak it again to be a stand alone story, which turned into Die Hard

huh...

Mahonay

Banned
It took me several tries to finish last night's RAW because I kept dozing off. Stone Cold, Lesnar, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, and a Shield reunion and that's the best they could do. Embarrassing. What a painfully boring show it has been week after week.

In reality the only real reason I bothered watching is because I've started listening to Review-a-Wai last month, and I like to try and watch at least parts of shows they review. I really didn't need to watch RAW to find out that their scheduled special appearances would amount to nothing.

jmdajr

Unrelated

Latino Review reports that (Batman vs Superman) the film's budget has ballooned to $410 million.
That already matches the current record holder, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, so if the budget further inflates anytime before release, it will take the record.

holy fuck!

Mizerman

That...has more swerves than a Vince Russo booked event.

Also, I was bored of Die Hard 5. I've no idea what that movie was going for.

Top Bottom