• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

The rebound clothesline should never have been a common enough move to be named the lunatic lariat in the first place.
Alternative name ideas: Rote Rebound, Clumsy Clothesline, Amblin' Ambrose, Increasingly sloppy looking spot.

I just turned 38 last month. I was born 3 days before the release of the 2600, according to wikipedia.

I turned 39 last month
bjork and Liquidsnake...in 2015
SZ1Uc0Y.png

Add me to the 25 year old whippersnappers.

The rebound clothesline should never have been a common enough move to be named the lunatic lariat in the first place.
Alternative name ideas: Rote Rebound, Clumsy Clothesline, Amblin' Ambrose, Increasingly sloppy looking spot.

bjork and Liquidsnake...in 2015
SZ1Uc0Y.png

Add me to the 25 year old whippersnappers.

Lol.

Thats why I remember Flair in 1985! You guys missed it.

bjork

That was also the year his character was locker room veteran and guider of rookies so any junior members who turn up here are going under your wing.

No one in here listens to me. I go "you guys should just read reports and hit YT for highlights if they seem interesting" and about once a week someone posts a link to this exact thing being said elsewhere by someone else like it's some visionary statement.

No one in here listens to me. I go "you guys should just read reports and hit YT for highlights if they seem interesting" and about once a week someone posts a link to this exact thing being said elsewhere by someone else like it's some visionary statement.

I know right? those millennials always thinking they're ahead of the curve and...

I'm thinking that I probably shouldn't even fast forward through Raw at this point and just piece things together from a quick glimpse at photos on WWE's site, that'd be even faster.

....shit.

Lothar

Banned
I'll be 34 next week. I hope all of you guys in your early to mid 20s went back and watched the entire Attitude Era from 97-2000. You did, didn't you?

wow some posters literally showing their age here. hit the road, dads, we're takin' over

(i turn 20 next month)
The Mechanics, now simply being referred to in NXT as Dash and Dawson, defeated The Vaudevillains to become the new WWE NXT Tag Team Champions.
lol
why did you drop this completely out of nowhere

#BanVylash
Spoilers on new Bullet Club member:
Chase Owens

my man is going places

Cagey

Banned
There won't be a dry eye in the house when Apollo Crews hugs his mama after winning the WWE Championship at the end of Wrestlemania 35. Should be a good day.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
HOT TAKE: The New Nation of Domination is the only New group in the history of wrestling that's better than the original.

ORIGINAL:

PG-13 (The white rappers who do the theme song live)
Savio Vega
Jailbird Crush
Farooq
Clarance Mason
a million unnamed black dudes in suits including D-LO

NEW:

Farooq
Ahmed Johnson (quickly replaced by The Rock)
D-LO Brown
Kama Mustafah
Clarance Mason

Arguably the only thing the old group has over the new group is numbers and PG-13.

I'm 24. Still young, which is why I'm fine where I am on the Wrassle GAF card. I got time. But you 40 somethings talkin' like you're gonna main event one day? Let the dream die you old fools. At your age, your dreams are probably gonna outlive you!

SO GET THE HELL OUTTA MY GOD DAMN RING!!!!

shaowebb

I might've been out of the age group that should have enjoyed it but I dug Mortis and Glacier. Also Mortal Kombat: Conquest or whatever it was called that would air after Nitro but mainly because of Kristanna Loken.

V0oDt1s.gif

To be fair though, Kanyon could make just about anything fun and he wasn't a hard guy to find getting over with the fans given how clean his ringwork usually was. His Positively Kanyon bit will forever be one of the best things ever to happen in wrestling :D

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Freck is the Ahmed Johnson of this thread. You can feel the excitement whenever he shows up, and you know he's destined to headline this thread, but his constant absences via injury (banning) will be his undoing.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Freck is the Ahmed Johnson of this thread. You can feel the excitement whenever he shows up, and you know he's destined to headline this thread, but his constant absences via injury (banning) will be his undoing.
Live fast, die young. Wouldn't have it any other way.

I have all week off from class next week. I've been working as a WrassleGAF part timer. I'm gonna make some quick cash off of you marks then fade away without putting anyone over. Just in time for Nashvember!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm glad I'm already over. I may not ever main event but I'll be on every card, get a title shot every few years, and retire with my health.

I'm 24. Still young, which is why I'm fine where I am on the Wrassle GAF card. I got time. But you 40 somethings talkin' like you're gonna main event one day? Let the dream die you old fools. At your age, your dreams are probably gonna outlive you!

SO GET THE HELL OUTTA MY GOD DAMN RING!!!!

me1gROp.gif

I'm glad I'm already over. I may not ever main event but I'll be on every card, get a title shot every few years, and retire with my health.

You were on track for a big push but got serious heat when you started bashing 2001 in OT. You're getting demoted to tag-teaming with Heel, and we're going back to the ol' reliable Data West.

THEN.
NOW.
FOREVER.

Teaming with Heel is the equivalent of finding out you've been fired by checking the site. At least a face-to-face burial or firing has dignity

Top Bottom