• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

WWE star Roman Reigns appeared on episode 52 of The Sam Roberts Wrestling Podcast, during which Reigns spoke about the day of WrestleMania 31 and learning he would not be winning the title against Brock Lesnar.

Reigns admitted he thought he was going to be replaced in the main event of WrestleMania 31 due to Daniel Bryan’s momentum:

“I just felt like [Daniel] Bryan and his momentum and it was just going to happen to me and then we went into Fastlane. I don’t believe in just one guy. I don’t! I’m a team guy. I’m a football guy. That’s the background I come from.”

I wish

On the subject of creative plans on the day of WrestleMania 31, Reigns had the following to say:

“Didn’t talk to anybody pretty much until the day of. I mean, I had an idea of what we needed to do and things like that, but I didn’t have a finish or anything like that.”

Fox318

So here is the 8 men in the matches tonight if they do include the preshow winners:

Kofi, Big E, Alberto Del Rio, Reigns, Kevin Owens, Cesaro, Ziggler and Neville

you forgot the man that will win it

69KhpPk.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't know, that's kind of interesting...

So its only people who were in winning matches?

So basically Reigns is winning the title.

WWE star Roman Reigns appeared on episode 52 of The Sam Roberts Wrestling Podcast, during which Reigns spoke about the day of WrestleMania 31 and learning he would not be winning the title against Brock Lesnar.

Reigns admitted he thought he was going to be replaced in the main event of WrestleMania 31 due to Daniel Bryan’s momentum:

I wish

On the subject of creative plans on the day of WrestleMania 31, Reigns had the following to say:

There's an interview from earlier this year where Rollins says he wasn't told he would be cashing in until well after the show started.

bjork

Okay, so I don't follow super closely, but have they always called him The Architect? Disco needs to sue.

Also, I'm gonna call it, Del Rio is going to the top.

Barrage

"RAW is so boring, nothing ever happens or matters."

"Ugh, a tourney followed by a 4-way main Event? They have no idea what they're doing."

"Actually, they do have an idea, and I don't like that idea. RAW sucks."

We deserve nothing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Edge never won the damn Royal Rumble, I just realized that.

Yes he did, in 2010 when he was a surprised entrant.

Decent chance. If I were them I'd go with Cesaro after his performance/reception last night. No chance he'd win, but it'd be a killer match and fresh program.

Nah man, they gotta set up Ambrose winning the Rumble and the Triple Threat at mania between Rollins, Ambrose and Reigns.

:( I know :(

klonere

Banned
I love tournaments and I love no.1 contenders matches so I'm more hyped about this Raw since Mania I think.

And that's after saying "I'M DONE WITH RAW" heh.

I still hope they turn Roman.

"Ugh, a tourney followed by a 4-way main Event? They have no idea what they're doing."

We deserve nothing.

One night tournaments are dumb. They have 20 hours before the next ppv spread the love around.

Or just have someone built up to be a contender

Going to be finishing BOLA tonight anyway

Aiii

So not worth it

We deserve nothing.

kTJhWRe.jpg

Skikkiks

Although to be honest I am excited at just how fresh Rollins v Reigns would be.

You don't have to dream, friend. It was a Smackdown main event months ago when Rollins was still MitB and it was Reigns' last match before he was taken off TV due to injury. You can guess who lost clean.

Angry Grimace

You don't have to dream, friend. It was a Smackdown main event months ago when Rollins was still MitB and it was Reigns' last match before he was taken off TV due to injury. You can guess who lost clean.

Reigns has never lost clean so its an obvious trick question. The closest he came to losing clean was Rollins pinning him at WrestleMania in the main event.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
What? In the thread last night it seemed the majority agreed Bray/Roman was lame as fuck, but now today I'm seeing praise everywhere. I don't get it.

ISEC != most fans.

Ohhh boy. They really are hitting the reset button.

We deserve nothing.

Pretty much. Our fandom is defined by our hatred of the machine. Although they seem to be pulling Daniel Bryan 2.0 push with Cesaro pretty effectively currently.

If they are doing any kind of tournament you know they are desperate because Vince fucking hates tournaments. That's why King of the Ring ever only shows up once in a blue moon anymore. Anyways, it'll be Reigns vs. Rollins at SS. Only question now is whether or not they pull the trigger on Reigns now or wait until Mania. Honestly I could see a scenario where he wins at SS then Brock wins the Rumble.

Aiii

So not worth it
Are..are you saying last year was better than this year?

The ratings argument is so goofy. Khali as champ killed this years ratings, guess they were doing something right.

Last year was bad, this year is worse.

People are literally no longer watching., many people in this thread included.

Barrage

Last year was bad, this year is worse.

People are literally no longer watching., many people in this thread included.

'92 WCW had shit ratings. Go back and watch it now, then watch the bullshit with Hogan/Dungeon of Doom where the ratings went up.

Thiis year is better than last year, better than '07, better than a lot of years. The ratings argument is garbage.

Aiii

So not worth it
'92 WCW had shit ratings. Go back and watch it now, then watch the bullshit with Hogan/Dungeon of Doom where the ratings went up.

Thiis year is better than last year, better than '07, better than a lot of years. The ratings argument is garbage.

Sure thing, I don't care either way really, so it's kind of whatever.

I'm out, I'm good.

Valentus

i hope the budget still fits for Del Rio's car entrance, and/or the pyro shower.

It will really suck if both things were exchanged for an old man in a golf car.

jred2k

This year hasn't just been bad, worse it has been boring. Bad can at least be entertaining, but I have no reason to care about anything happening on WWE tv right now.

Heel

I personally believe Zeb and Del Rio have been paired as a subconscious effort on the part of right-winger Vince McMahon, as a favor to Donald Trump, to repair fractured race relations within the Republican base (also known as wrestling fans).

Fully expect this story line to run deep into the election cycle in an effort to win the latino vote.

KingBroly

Banned
I think tonight's Raw will at the very least be very interesting. The ending of last night's show not only setup something for Survivor Series, but will obviously drive people to Raw tonight for fallout.

I'm guessing The Wyatts start Raw.

Aiii

So not worth it
I think tonight's Raw will at the very least be very interesting. The ending of last night's show not only setup something for Survivor Series, but will obviously drive people to Raw tonight for fallout.

I'm guessing The Wyatts start Raw.

Oh sweet summer child.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That PPV, despite getting rid of Cena's great to excellent match each week and the 2-3 amazing Jolly Kane segments, actually has me more interested in RAW. Is Alberto a face? A Heel? Who will Taker find to take on the Wyatts in a traditional SS match? Brothers of destruction reunion? Biker Taker? Fraisertaker?

Tune in for tossed salad and scrambled eggs.

Top Bottom