• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

I'm surprised that no one's listing CC Lemon for that Japanese cred, like claiming that you were trading tapes and watching All Japan back in the 80s.

Zach

I wasn't expecting so much support for my baby soda preferences! Heel, never would've guessed that you get a six-pack of Big Red every Friday after work. Amazing.

And I just remembered that when I was a kid I would always get a custom-made -- WOOOOOO! -- cherry vanilla Coke from Sonic. Those were great. I should do that again.

I think pitch black 2 was the sour one. That shit basically tasted like expired pitch black 1
Gotcha, I only tasted the 2nd one then.
I want to say it was called Typhoon, but I can't recall clearly.

Southern California for 99.9% of my life. I just know what's good.

I beg your pardon. Pepsi had Michael Jackson, Bo Jackson, and the Spice Girls. It is the choice of a new generation. The best generation.

My dad drinks cokes and he's like 60, you pretend boomer.
I see lol

I don't think so. I've never seen it anywhere other than the SE.
I thought so. I haven't tasted it in ten plus years, isn't it just cherry coke for the most part?

Barrage

We should rate all the ghetto soda deriviatives. I'd fuck with Mountain Mania all day. Goes great with a bowl of Fruit Rings.

bjork

I'm surprised that no one's listing CC Lemon for that Japanese cred, like claiming that you were trading tapes and watching All Japan back in the 80s.

hello kitty ramune

I'm curious how many of us will have a soda pop by the end of the day now...

way ahead of you. I've been cutting back, but I was cutting some funky bushes in my back yard and inhaled a bunch of old leaves and shit, and I'm so used to going into the fridge for a can of pepsi that I did that rather than get water.

Favorite jifs of the year?

BKXh1wb.gif

tumblr_nn9ej7d5VF1snhdpvo1_500.gif

tumblr_nhnzqeZV0z1sbzhteo1_400.gif
*I can't find the longer one.

Heel

I wasn't expecting so much support for my baby soda preferences! Heel, never would've guessed that you get a six-pack of Big Red every Friday after work. Amazing.

And I just remembered that when I was a kid I would always get a custom-made -- WOOOOOO! -- cherry vanilla Coke from Sonic. Those were great. I should do that again.

Big Red used to be a mythical soda for west coast migrants, with locations to purchase spoken in hushed tones. Easier to find now, but it still holds a special place in my heart.

tm24

Fav 5 Sodas

1. Diet Dr Pepper
2. Jarritos Pina
3. Cactus Cooler
4. Vanilla Coke
5. Mountain Dew Typhoon. Goddamn you assholes who voted for the other flavors

HMs to Mexican Coke, MD Code Red and mixing Iced Tea, Lemonade and Sierra Mist together in one

when discussing the best gifs of 2015, how can you not mention the most re-watched and giffable match featured on the WWE Network, and possibly all time?

tumblr_nm10a24pFs1sbzhteo1_400.gif

Okay, main roster televised matches only. No houseshow matches, no dark matches, no matches on Main Event or Superstars since Wyatt's debut:

SummerSlam: Ring of Fire match, Bray Wyatt d. Kane
8/19/13 Raw: Wyatt d. R-Truth
9/9/13 Raw: Wyatt d. Ziggler
9/24/13 SmackDown: Wyatt d. Ryder
Battleground: Wyatt d. Kingston
8/10/13 SmackDown: Wyatt d. Del Rio (count out)
11/18/13 Raw: Punk, Rhodes, Bryan, Goldust, Usos d. Shield & Wyatts
11/25/13 Raw: Punk & Bryan d. Wyatts
11/26/13 Smackdown: Punk, Rhodes, Goldust, Mysterio, Usos d. Shield & Wyatts
TLC: Wyatts d. Daniel Bryan
12/17/13 Raw: Wyatts d. Rhodes, Goldust, Bryan
12/30/13 Raw: Bryan d. Wyatt (DQ)

A bunch of random wins, and you could say he won the feud against Kane because he won the Ring of Fire match. The feud with Daniel Bryan starts in November.

Feuds won: vs. Kane

1/13/14 Raw: Cage match: The Usos d. Bray Wyatt and Daniel Bryan
Royal Rumble: Bray Wyatt d. Daniel Bryan
2/3/14 Raw: Wyatts d. Ziggler, R-Truth, Xavier Woods
2/4/14 SmackDown: Wyatt d. Goldust
2/10/14 Raw: Wyatts d. Rhodes, Goldust, Mysterio
2/17/14 Raw: Wyatts. d. Los Matadores & Sin Cara
2/18/14 SmackDown: Wyatts d. Rhodes, Goldust, Mysterio
Elimination Chamber: Wyatts d. Shield
2/24/14 Raw: Wyatt d. Roman Reigns (DQ)
3/3/14 Raw: Wyatts d. Shield
3/11/14 SmackDown: Wyatt d. Kingston
3/17/14 Raw: Wyatt d. Kingston
3/25/14: Wyatt d. Big Show
3/31/14: Wyatt d. R-Truth
WrestleMania XXX: John Cena d. Bray Wyatt
4/7/14 Raw: Wyatts d. Big E, Cena, Sheamus
4/21/14 Raw: Cena d. Wyatts (DQ)
4/29/14 SmackDown: Wyatts d. Sheamus & Usos
Extreme Rules: Steel cage match: Wyatt d. Cena
5/5/14 Raw: Wyatts d. Shield
5/6/14 SmackDown: Wyatts d. Cena & Usos
5/12/14 Raw: Cena & Usos d. Wyatts
5/27/14 Smackdown: Last Man Standing match: Wyatt d. Jimmy Uso
Payback: Last Man Standing match: Cena d. Wyatt
6/9/14 Raw: Ambrose, Cena, Reigns d. Wyatts
6/10/14 Smackdown: Wyatt d. Ambrose
6/16/14 Raw: Sheamus d. Wyatt
6/17/14 Smackdown: Cena, Reigns & Sheamus d. Del Rio, Wyatt, Cesaro & Orton
6/23/14 Raw: Cena, Reigns & Sheamus d. Del Rio, Wyatt, Cesaro & Orton
6/24/14 SmackDown: Sheamus d. Wyatt (DQ)
Money in the Bank: WWE World Heavyweight title ladder match: Cena d. Del Rio, Wyatt, Cesaro, Kane, Orton, Reigns & Sheamus
6/30/14: Wyatts d. Sheamus & Usos
Battleground: Jericho d. Wyatt
7/22/14: Wyatt d. R-Truth
SummerSlam: Wyatt d. Jericho
8/25/14 Raw: Cena, Mark Henry & Big Show d. Wyatts; Cena d. Wyatt (DQ)
8/26/14 SmackDown: Reigns d. Wyatt (DQ); Henry, Reigns & Big Show d. Wyatts
9/2/14 SmackDown: Jericho, Cena, Henry, Reigns & Show vs. Kane, Rollins, Wyatts (NC)
9/8/14 Raw: Steel cage match: Wyatt d. Jericho
9/15/14 Raw: Big Show d. Wyatt
9/16/14 SmackDown: Wyatts d. Los Matadores & Big Show
11/11/14: Wyatt d. Sin Cara
Survivor Series: Wyatt d. Ambrose
12/1/14 Raw: Wyatt d. R-Truth
TLC: Wyatt d. Ambrose
12/22/14 Raw: Street fight match: Wyatt d. Ambrose
12/30/14 SmackDown: Wyatt d. Rowan
1/5/15 Raw: Ambulance match: Wyatt d. Ambrose

How Wyatt fared in the Bryan feud is up to you. He won their singles match, but he didn't accomplish turning Daniel Bryan into a Wyatt. You could argue that the Wyatts beat the Shield. Wyatts crushed the Usos throughout 2014. Cena wins at 'Mania; Wyatt wins at Extreme Rules; Cena wins at Payback. Cena wins that feud. Jericho and Wyatt trade wins at Battleground and SummerSlam, and Wyatt beats Jericho in a cage match on Raw. Call that a feud won for Wyatt. Then, Wyatt vs. Ambrose starts. He beats Ambrose at Survivor Series, TLC, and on Raw. He wins the feud against Ambrose.

Feuds won: vs. Bryan, Shield, Usos, Jericho, Ambrose
Feuds lost: vs. Cena

1/19/15 Raw: Wyatt d. Bryan
Royal Rumble: Wyatt did not win.
2/2/15 Raw: Wyatt d. Ziggler
2/9/15 Raw: Wyatt d. Ziggler
2/10/15 SmackDown: Wyatt d. R-Truth
2/23/15 SmackDown: Bryan, Cena, Henry & Reigns d. Wyatt, Kane, Rollins & Big Show
WrestleMania 31: Undertaker d. Wyatt
4/7/15 SmackDown: Wyatt d. Rowan
4/17/15 SmackDown: Wyatt d. R-Truth
Payback: Wyatt d. Ryback
5/18/15 Raw: Wyatt d. Ambrose
5/19/15 SmackDown: Ambrose d. Wyatt
6/1/15 Raw: Reigns d. Wyatt
6/30/15 SmackDown: Wyatt d. Ambrose
Battleground: Reigns d. Wyatt
8/3/15 Raw: Ambrose, Orton & Reigns d. Wyatt, Harper & Sheamus
8/18/15 SmackDown: Cesaro, Ambrose, Orton & Reigns d. Wyatt, Owens, Harper & Sheamus
SummerSlam: Ambrose & Reigns d. Wyatt & Harper
8/24/15 Raw: Ambrose & Reigns d. Wyatt & Harper
Night of Champions: Wyatts d. Jericho, Ambrose & Reigns
9/28/15 Raw: Wyatt vs. Reigns (double count out)
10/5/15 Raw: Amborse, Orton & Reigns d. Wyatts
10/6/15 SmackDown: Orton & Reigns d. Wyatts
10/19/15 Raw: Wyatts d. Ambrose, Reigns & Rollins (DQ)
Hell in a Cell: Hell in a Cell match: Reigns d. Wyatt

In 2015, Wyatt's lost the Undertaker and Reigns feuds.

Feuds won: none
Feuds lost: vs. Undertaker, Reigns

In the end, Wyatt's deepest feud is against R-Truth, who has been pinned by Wyatt every year since Bray's debut. He lost his feud against Cena, but everyone loses against Cena. He and the other Wyatts beat the the Shield, 2014 was in general a pretty good win/loss year for Wyatt. But the wins came with some truly stupid stuff in the Ambrose feud, and the Jericho feud was both short and fairly meaningless. The feud against the Usos isn't remarkable because they're in the context of those six-man tags on TV. So, in the highest profile instances (Undertaker, Cena, Reigns), Wyatt's lost. Maybe that's why there's a perception that he's a weak loser.

All of this, while true, is irrelevant though. He's a heel. Heels don't win feuds at main event levels, they are there to make the face look like an underdog and allow the face to overcome. Which the face always does in wrestling. At the end of the day, for a heel he wins arguably more than any other heel i've ever seen. There's no denial he's super protected, and the undisputed fact he's got a better W/L than Reigns cannot be denied. He's a very, very well off heel. Who really doesn't need to win. The way he's presented winning and losing is not to be all and end all for him like, say, Cena.

It's just infuriating to me. And also would you expect anyone to win feuds v Cena and the Undertaker? And Reigns? No! Of course you wouldn't! So why people do is hilarious. And even worse, the fact he defeated Ambrose in a feud to this day pisses me off like nothing else. He should NEVER have gone over him as many times as he did. Ever.

Top Bottom