• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

FyreWulff

lmao AAA was told on the 12th Del Rio would go back to WWE but the president dismissed it as a rumor and wanted him to hold the belt until at least 2016

Meanwhile Del Rio told all his friends he was going back but per Dave the impression was it'd be in 2016

If all that's true, he had the deal to come back for a full month, knew he was gone, could've informed the company and they would have had him drop it before November at the earliest, and chose not to

I'm not even surprised. If there's one person you trust less than a carney it's a promoter.

Verendus

Banned
Zach, I got you pal.

Also this
s68CxNk.jpg
Looks like Verendus is gonna have to carry that team. DM's accounting skills are lacking so he's not going to be able to analyze the situation effectively enough to determine the best course of action in the ring.

Stupid new job. I haven't been able to follow this thread for weeks and I feel like I've missed a lot.

Did I even mention how one of the supervisors at my work wrestles on the local indies? I actually saw him wrestler before I met him at work. It was kind of weird.

don't let him know or he'll forever see you as a mark and you'll never have his respect

Zach

Mother of God that Frecklestein is classic! So what hash tag did you use for that as I'm dying for that to show up during one of my royal rumbles with friends lol.
My boy Frecklestein clearly has the It Factor.

If you put the letters "SH" in front of "It Factor", you have my exact opinion of Frecklestein!

I got everything I ever wanted,
And I'll never give that back.
Well, I know you hate shit-factor, but you ain't gotta look at me like that,
I said you ain't gotta look at me like that.

Looks like Verendus is gonna have to carry that team. DM's accounting skills are lacking so he's not going to be able to analyze the situation effectively enough to determine the best course of action in the ring.

You don't have to worry about DM's accounting skills when he has this:
Alexandra_York_-_Terri_Runnels_02.jpg

Cagey

Banned
Stupid new job. I haven't been able to follow this thread for weeks and I feel like I've missed a lot.

Did I even mention how one of the supervisors at my work wrestles on the local indies? I actually saw him wrestler before I met him at work. It was kind of weird.

Kayfabe is dead.

Zach, I got you pal.

Also this
s68CxNk.jpg

My boy Frecklestein clearly has the It Factor.

If you put the letters "SH" in front of "It Factor", you have my exact opinion of Frecklestein!

Zach, I see you runnin' your mouth out here like you own the joint... I also see that you don't grade anything an A... and I'll show people why you don't have any after I KICK. YOUR. A.
/roman reigns

Mother of God that Frecklestein is classic! So what hash tag did you use for that as I'm dying for that to show up during one of my royal rumbles with friends lol.

You guys didn't even know that I was a second generation superstar. My two dads the Ultimate Warrior and Jeff Hardy are looking down on me as I go to the TOP.

Hex

Banned

It is sad that I want to get this game just to make wrestlers.

hey folks

i'm back to say a few things

1. sasha banks is the best person this company has uh fuck balor club etc fuck reigns who seems to be weirdly getting over?

2. stone cold needs to never appear again if he isn't wrestling, dude is KILLING himself branding wise and if his back can't take it then shut the fuck up. hard as it is to say.

3. seth is a kinda shitty champ which as this point is the last thing we need, so i'm all for reigns taking it

4. brock got his aura back at that last match, which wasn't amazing, but their summerslam match was, so basically do brock vs reigns 2 please it actually sounds good this time

5. get sasha in the title match right fucking now you idiots

those are a few of my thoughts. all the best!

Shadow780

It feels weird having 3 solid WWE shows in a week. I have no emotional bottom to rebound from....

Lol if internet is booking matches Sasha KO Cesaro and New Day would have eternal reign.

Rutti

I really like Rollins but his championship run has been awful. Letting him keep the belt and hoping that his booking is going to get better is a pipe dream. He needs to drop the belt and maybe have that Triple H feud or have a face turn or just anything else than the current route.
Belt might as well go to Reigns then. Then we would see how well the corporate's chosen one fairs as a champ. They might even make the effort and book him well!
(Hah!)

Hex

Banned
I really like Rollins but his championship run has been awful. Letting him keep the belt and hoping that his booking is going to get better is a pipe dream. He needs to drop the belt and maybe have that Triple H feud or have a face turn or just anything else than the current route.
Belt might as well go to Reigns then. Then we would see how well the corporate's chosen one fairs as a champ. They might even make the effort and book him well!
(Hah!)

Rollins run has been perfect heel honestly.
He is not supposed to be booked strong, he is supposed to be a weasel and that is what he has been. Arrogant, smug, talented but always taking shortcuts.
Not sure what people want from a heel run.

Rutti

Rollins run has been perfect heel honestly.
He is not supposed to be booked strong, he is supposed to be a weasel and that is what he has been. Arrogant, smug, talented but always taking shortcuts.
Not sure what people want from a heel run.

At least one area with consistent competence. If he's not strong let him come up with plans to let him keep his title or let him be good manipulating people to do his bidding or let him be really good with in ring cheating. I don't feel Rollins current character doesn't deserve such long reign. It won't even feel good when he gets beaten for the belt since hes been beaten and undermined both in and out of the ring so many times already.

Maybe his type of character just isn't for me.

Edit: With Rollins in title matches it always feels like he is going against the odds and then somehow overcoming them. Should't that be more of a face thing?

Edit 2: He also has too much promo time. It should be cut to half atleast.

Hex

Banned
At least one area with consistent competence. If he's not strong let him come up with plans to let him keep his title or let him be good manipulating people to do his bidding or let him be really good with in ring cheating. I don't feel Rollins current character doesn't deserve such long reign. It won't even feel good when he gets beaten for the belt since hes been beaten and undermined both in and out of the ring so many times already.

Maybe his type of character just isn't for me.

Edit: With Rollins in title matches it always feels like he is going against the odds and then somehow overcoming them. Should't that be more of a face thing?

He is almost never REALLY against the odds though because of the Authority.
It is like Flair in his prime, even when Dusty or Sting or whoever had things in their favor with JJ in a cage above the ring or some other bizarre thing from that time in the end there were always the Horsemen or a way to cheat out of it.
Rollins almost always had Kane, J&J, Show or just some freak interference by someone not even helping him but just after the other guy. It was rare that the odds were against him and that is only recently.

Rutti

He is almost never REALLY against the odds though because of the Authority.
It is like Flair in his prime, even when Dusty or Sting or whoever had things in their favor with JJ in a cage above the ring or some other bizarre thing from that time in the end there were always the Horsemen or a way to cheat out of it.
Rollins almost always had Kane, J&J, Show or just some freak interference by someone not even helping him but just after the other guy. It was rare that the odds were against him and that is only recently.

He has been against the odds since Brock took out Kane and J&J and even with them or with Kane it was kinda gamble if he was going to help Rollins or not. With those freak interferences he was against the odds but won thanks to them. And you could have partially credit Rollins like it was him who showed the Undertaker those Heyman promos that dissed him.

Now he has beaten Kane in tittle match, I hope he is arrogant about it and revert to coward only after some on beats the shit out of him and not before. That would then lead him to think ways how to overcome Reigns.

Mahonay

Banned
The idea that was floated of an Angle vs Shamrock Fight for Bellator has been squashed thank god. Kurt's deal is strictly non-fight related, just an appearance for their Fan Fest.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If he wins it and keeps it through next year, Brock no doubt
This is the problem I see with Lesnar: he can't plausibly fight anyone on the roster because nobody is actually over enough for it to be worth cashing in the equity on that. You have to call in the Rock or something for him to fight anyone.

Top Bottom