• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Recall

Watching Table for 3, Brass Ring edition and it is amazing. Why isn't the actual wrestling product presented in this honest way?

Oersted

Cesaro had always his own little segment on german RAW.

Was once every week. Now once in a month. He said that was not his decision.

Just lol.

#TeamHarley

wZzcK9G.jpg

As a wrestling novice and filmmaker I need to know why people say that Roman is bad at promos.

If you don't have the confidence to cut your own promos, you have to have confidence in the material that's written for you and at times that's something Roman has visibly lacked. I think it's fair to say he doesn't have the gift of the gab, but I wouldn't say he's bad at promos.

lmao AAA was told on the 12th Del Rio would go back to WWE but the president dismissed it as a rumor and wanted him to hold the belt until at least 2016

Meanwhile Del Rio told all his friends he was going back but per Dave the impression was it'd be in 2016

If all that's true, he had the deal to come back for a full month, knew he was gone, could've informed the company and they would have had him drop it before November at the earliest, and chose not to

Bronx-Man

Banned
As a wrestling novice and filmmaker I need to know why people say that Roman is bad at promos.
It's combination of extremely bad lines given to him and not having the confidence to pull it off. In theory Roman could be effective, but Vince handwrites him the worst scripts in the company.

Fox318

watching him cut a promo is like watching a poor actor reading poor dialogue off of flash cards.

Not only does he say things that no normal human being would say he says them without any belief.

lmao AAA was told on the 12th Del Rio would go back to WWE but the president dismissed it as a rumor and wanted him to hold the belt until at least 2016

Meanwhile Del Rio told all his friends he was going back but per Dave the impression was it'd be in 2016

If all that's true, he had the deal to come back for a full month, knew he was gone, could've informed the company and they would have had him drop it before November at the earliest, and chose not to

LOL at AAA thinking it could balance both Botchico and Del Rio in the same locker room, build around them and Mysterio, and then lose both Del Rio and Botchico.

tm24

So, AAA pretty much have to do something worth a damn with Pentagon now, right?

It's not Pentagon they have do something with, it's Fantasma. He's the one they're building up. Pentagon isnt ready for it yet nor will the audience back him for that yet

Jamie OD

It's not Pentagon they have do something with, it's Fantasma. He's the one they're building up. Pentagon isnt ready for it yet nor will the audience back him for that yet

They are going to give the belt to Electroshock and it will be horrible. You'll know he's winning it if he comes down to the ring doing cartwheels just like when he won the Reyes de Reyes tournament a few years back.

Heel

I think there should be less criticism levied against those with little experience getting continually better on the mic and in the ring like Roman Reigns, and more criticism for those who have been in the business far longer and have made zero strides.

You know, like Cesaro.

Recall

I think there should be less criticism levied toward those with little experience getting continually better on the mic and in the ring like Roman Reigns, and more criticism for those who have been in the business far longer and have made zero strides.

You know, like Cesaro.

Or you know let people speak without a fucking script.

blame the shitty writers.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+
SummerSlam '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XX - B+
Halloween Havoc '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXI - C+
Survivor Series '92 - C-
Starrcade '92 - B-

Clash of the Champions XXII - B
Royal Rumble '93 - C
SuperBrawl III - B-
WrestleMania IX - C-
Slamboree '93 - D+
King of the Ring '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXIII - B-
Beach Blast '93 - B-
Clash of the Champions XXIV - C+
SummerSlam '93 - D
Fall Brawl '93 - C-
Halloween Havoc '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXV - C-
BattleBowl - D
Survivor Series '93 - F
Starrcade '93 - C

Royal Rumble '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVI - B-
SuperBrawl IV - B-
WrestleMania X - B-
Spring Stampede '94 - B
Slamboree '94 - C
King of the Ring '94 - D
Clash of the Champions XXVII - C
Bash at the Beach '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVIII - C+
SummerSlam '94 - C-
Fall Brawl '94 - C-
Halloween Havoc '94 - D+
Clash of the Champions XXIX - D
Survivor Series '94 - F
Starrcade '94 - D

Royal Rumble '95 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXX - D+
SuperBrawl V - D+
Uncensored '95 - F
WrestleMania XI - D+
In Your House 1 - C-
Slamboree '95 - C-
The Great American Bash '95 - D
King of the Ring '95 - F
Bash at the Beach '95 - F
In Your House 2: The Lumberjacks - C
Clash of the Champions XXXI - C
SummerSlam '95 - C+
Fall Brawl '95 - D+
In Your House 3: Triple Header - C+
In Your House 4: Great White North - D+
Halloween Havoc '95 - F
Survivor Series '95 - C+
World War 3 '95 - C
In Your House 5: Seasons Beatings - C-
Starrcade '95 - B-

Royal Rumble '96 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXXII - C
SuperBrawl VI - D+
In Your House 6: Rage in the Cage - C-
Uncensored '96 - D
WrestleMania XII - B-
In Your House 7: Good Friends, Better Enemies - C-
Slamboree '96 - C
In Your House 8: Beware of Dog - B-
The Great American Bash '96 - B
King of the Ring '96 - B-
Bash at the Beach '96 - B
In Your House 9: International Incident - C-
Hog Wild - C
Clash of the Champions XXXIII - C+
SummerSlam '96 - D+
Fall Brawl '96 - B
In Your House 10: Mind Games - C
In Your House 11: Buried Alive - C+
Halloween Havoc '96 - C+
Survivor Series '96 - B-
World War 3 '96 - B-
In Your House 12: It's Time - C
Starrcade '96 - B-

Royal Rumble '97 - D+
Clash of the Champions XXXIV - C
Souled Out '97 - F
In Your House 13: Final Four - C+
SuperBrawl VII - C-
Uncensored '97 - B-
WrestleMania 13 - C
Spring Stampede '97 - C+
Barely Legal '97 - C-
In Your House 14: Revenge of the Taker - C-
In Your House 15: A Cold Day in Hell - C
Slamboree '97 - B-
King of the Ring '97 - D+
The Great American Bash '97 - C
In Your House 16: Canadian Stampede - B-
Bash at the Beach '97 - B
SummerSlam '97 - B
Road Wild '97 - D+
Hardcore Heaven '97 - C
Ground Zero: In Your House - D+
One Night Only - C
Badd Blood: In Your House - D+
Survivor Series '97 - C+
November to Remember '97 - C
D-Generation X: In Your House - C
On paper Road Wild '97 seems like it should be a good event, but it was pretty boring to watch. I think it would've benefited a lot if it had been held in an actual arena instead of The Rolling Black Hills of South Dakota.

Menome

Reigns' problem is improvisation. He was doing an ...okay job during the start of that promo. Nothing special, nothing terrible.

What's made it notorious now is that as soon as he has to go off-script because of the audience, he flounders and can't find his way back to a stable footing. Once Bray comes out, he has a solid base to work on again and it goes back to being just another promo.

He needs to work on the fact that you can't rely on an audience being on your side and much like a stand-up comedian being heckled, you have to have a repertoire of material to hit back with.

I think there should be less criticism levied against those with little experience getting continually better on the mic and in the ring like Roman Reigns, and more criticism for those who have been in the business far longer and have made zero strides.

You know, like Cesaro.

giphy.gif

I came across something very sickening it's about the Benoit situation. The day it happened:

MORE DETAILS ON DEATH OF CHRIS BENOIT & family
By: Bob Ryder
6/25/2007 6:36:57 PM

Details remain very sketchy regarding the tragic news today that Chris Benoit and his family were found dead at their Atlanta area home.

Benoit had been scheduled to appear on a WWE house show on Saturday. Sources tell us Benoit called to first say he would be taking a later flight, and then to say he would not be attending the house show due to a family illness. According to one source, Benoit said both his wife and son were throwing up blood and he needed to stay to take care of them.

At last night's Vengeance pay-per-view, Benoit was replaced in his match by Johnny Nitro.

No other details are available at this time and police are on the scene at the Benoit residence investigating

Fucking crazy man. I still remember that day, I made sure to get a brand new VHS to record the memorial Raw and the next day, BOOM!

Heel

Even then, we all have to admit Roman has come a long way.

I think we all felt that palpable fear radiating from him through our television screens the second he touched a microphone, welling up in our chests, anticipating his inevitable moment of collapse.

"You have a serious problem....

...you have a serious problem."

xR7hPv3l.jpg

I feel that is behind us now, on the whole. Dare I say middle of the pack on the pipe bomb.

Roman Reigns character sucks and that seeps into his mic and ring work. None of it's compelling. He needs to look to the gold standard of Disco Inferno and the modern standard in Tyler Breeze to see how to become one as a sports entertainer.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Zach, I got you pal.

Also this
s68CxNk.jpg

And also look what I found
tQrSlBf.jpg

Even Fandango and Adam Rose had hype videos before they debuted on RAW.

Tyler Breeze debuted on SD in a Miz TV segment.

Dead is an understatement, he was never alive lmao.

Gonzalez

Banned

Smart move by Del Rio. He didn't let AAA job him out in front of his home country fans on his way out.

Top Bottom