• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Anth0ny

McMahon has been micro-managing as of late due to the ratings decline and is in control of every part of the company, even more than usual.

welp

these upcoming weeks should be fun.

I guess the chances of my "roman kills cena" scenario to get roman heat/cena off tv just got a whole lot lower

Mahonay

Banned
Fuck it. Let Vince try to book every show from here on forward exactly to his wants. Enjoy your New Generation level of ratings you're already heading towards.

At least there's NXT in the meantime.

tm24

Speaking of killing yourself for 100 dollars

BOLA Semi-finals finish spoilers: No thankyou

The angle hides how far his head was off the mat.

Also, Bryan was talking about how he if the WWE doesnt clear him he would like going to CMLL and have an apuesta match. Data, how much fun would a Casas vs Bryan match be and who would you like to see?

Finally signed up for Progress on Demand. Time to marathon some stuff

Next PROGRESS card's already looking stacked;

. PROGRESS Title: Will Ospreay (c) vs Paul Robinson
. The Sumerian Death Squad & The London Riots vs The Origin (Nathan Cruz, El Ligero, Zack Gibson & ???)
. Mark Haskins vs Tomasso Ciampa
. Natural Progression Series - Round 1: Pastor William Eaver vs Tyler Bate

A slight wrinkle to that tag match though, as Cruz says The Origin are "building an army" so the SDS & Riots alliance have laid the challenge down to the three known members of The Origin and whoever else they've recruited. As that could only include wrestlers who appeared on the first PROGRESS show, the list of possible recruits is;

. Colt Cabana, Marty Scurll, Zack Sabre Jr, Darrell Allen, Xander Cooper, Noam Dar & Colossus Kennedy

Marty's pretty much cemented his place as the new villain of PROGRESS after his attack on Kris Travis at the last chapter, so joining with The Origin would seem to make sense for him. Darrell Allen would be my other pick, as he's been out injured for a while and has been "forgotten" by the PROGRESS fans, which has been a theme of Cruz's promos since his return.

Fox318

Do you think Vince will put himself back on TV when Cena is gone?

Vince is done with on screen roles. I think he is too glued in to what people on commentary should say.

Honestly I'd rather Vince be on commentary so he could just say what he wants instead of having JBL or Cole say it.

Everyone knows 99.9% of the fun in watching WWE is seeing the drama behind the scenes / with the company. Everyone should be rejoicing right now.

klonere

Banned
Next PROGRESS card's already looking stacked;

. PROGRESS Title: Will Ospreay (c) vs Paul Robinson
. The Sumerian Death Squad & The London Riots vs The Origin (Nathan Cruz, El Ligero, Zack Gibson & ???)
. Mark Haskins vs Tomasso Ciampa
. Natural Progression Series - Round 1: Pastor William Eaver vs Tyler Bate

A slight wrinkle to that tag match though, as Cruz says The Origin are "building an army" so the SDS & Riots alliance have laid the challenge down to the three known members of The Origin and whoever else they've recruited. As that could only include wrestlers who appeared on the first PROGRESS show, the list of possible recruits is;

. Colt Cabana, Marty Scurll, Zack Sabre Jr, Darrell Allen, Xander Cooper, Noam Dar & Colossus Kennedy

Marty's pretty much cemented his place as the new villain of PROGRESS after his attack on Kris Travis at the last chapter, so joining with The Origin would seem to make sense for him. Darrell Allen would be my other pick, as he's been out injured for a while and has been "forgotten" by the PROGRESS fans, which has been a theme of Cruz's promos since his return.

Be as non-specific as possible because I am going to go back and watch all of PROGRESS soon on the on demand but is Havok storyline out of the promotion for a while?

Toki767

Everyone knows 99.9% of the fun in watching WWE is seeing the drama behind the scenes / with the company. Everyone should be rejoicing right now.

There is no drama behind the scenes. Anyone with a dissenting opinion to Vince is out of the company before long.

Even Heyman is pretty much just an on-air character now even though you know he probably has a ton of ideas on how to get interest up again.

I have asome short term solutions.

Turn Cena heel.
Turn Rollins Face
Make Ambrose the new SCSA at least when it comes to hitting the authority every week with something new.

Reunite the shield to take on the wyatts. and some form of The Dudley boys with a third person.

Fire every writer you have on staff.( I hate this, because I want everyone to have a job)

Be as non-specific as possible because I am going to go back and watch all of PROGRESS soon on the on demand but is Havok storyline out of the promotion for a while?

We don't really know, other than everything's kinda fallen apart for Jimmy at present - I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't on this coming show.

Awesome, you going in order or jut watching whatever takes your fancy? Everything really started clicking from Chapter 6 onwards.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
And I think you're underestimating how badly UFC pays

His original shield gear was honestly the perfect look for him. When he goes to that smaller vest or the RR chest plate vest it makes him look like a shitty knockoff superhero and the whole look doesn't make him look as physically imposing

All I'm saying is that I tend to doubt CM Punk has this huge warchest built up.

welp

these upcoming weeks should be fun.

I guess the chances of my "roman kills cena" scenario to get roman heat/cena off tv just got a whole lot lower

I don't get how we got more of the status quo when the status quo is a ratings killer.

Colocho

Banned
I'd turn Roman heel, have him "injure" Cena while taking the US belt in the process and make him tear the midcard apart for awhile, at least till Cena comes back.

tm24

We don't really know, other than everything's kinda fallen apart for Jimmy at present - I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't on this coming show.

Awesome, you going in order or jut watching whatever takes your fancy? Everything really started clicking from Chapter 6 onwards.

Ive been debating where to start at the beginning or the Havoc reign since that's whats interested me in Progress

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The angle hides how far his head was off the mat.

Also, Bryan was talking about how he if the WWE doesnt clear him he would like going to CMLL and have an apuesta match. Data, how much fun would a Casas vs Bryan match be and who would you like to see?

I mean, I guess. At his current state, I'm really not interested in seeing Daniel Bryan do much of anything. Maybe he could go back to how he used to be, but I'm definitely not pining to see Daniel Bryan in the ring these days. At least in a non-WWE ring.

klonere

Banned

Oh man that's disappointing. I assume then its some real life issues he's having then. Hope he manages to sort it all out. I found him to be super entertaining in the youtube promo's I've watched and at Chapter 13.

DMczaf

I swear Bischoff's interview sounded like a man interviewing for a job more than a shoot. Dude was burying himself and praising WWE as much as he could.

Anth0ny

I'd turn Roman heel, have him "injure" Cena while taking the US belt in the process and make him tear the midcard apart for awhile, at least till Cena comes back.

exactly. you have one of your weekly, bullshit "throw a bunch of faces on a team to face a bunch of heels" main event on raw (I guess it would be the night after hell in a cell, assuming they can get cena for that day), and SWERVE roman just takes cena out with a hellacious beatdown after the match.

you write cena out believably AND roman is the super babyface they always wanted. simple.

Ive been debating where to start at the beginning or the Havoc reign since that's whats interested me in Progress

Some of the early shows are a bit ropey to be honest, the only really must-see match is Zack vs Marty from Chapter 1 and maybe Ricochet vs Ligero from Chapter 6, but for the Havoc stuff you should start with Chapter 7, which is a couple of chapters before it all really kicks off but sets the scene well.

Toki767

exactly. you have one of your weekly, bullshit "throw a bunch of faces on a team to face a bunch of heels" main event on raw (I guess it would be the night after hell in a cell, assuming they can get cena for that day), and SWERVE roman just takes cena out with a hellacious beatdown after the match.

you write cena out believably AND roman is the super babyface they always wanted. simple.

Instead, Cena will probably just make some crappy speech and then pretend like it never happened.

Bischoff trying to sound like he didn't fire JR.

"I didn't fire him, he just wasn't going to be an announcer anymore."

That's called being fired, Eric. When you have a job, and then you don't have that job anymore? That's fired.

klonere

Banned
WdkIwkx.gif

Anth0ny

Instead, Cena will probably just make some crappy speech and then pretend like it never happened.

I've got some ideas to improve the show. One, Cena needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Cena's not onscreen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Cena"?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bischoff trying to sound like he didn't fire JR.

"I didn't fire him, he just wasn't going to be an announcer anymore."

That's called being fired, Eric. When you have a job, and then you don't have that job anymore? That's fired.

oh so this is JR's alt, huh.

I'll buy your BBQ sauce, damn

Zach

I've got some ideas to improve the show. One, Cena needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Cena's not onscreen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Cena"?

You've finally redeemed yourself, Anth0ny.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone actually had his sauce? Any good? >_>

I actually haven't. I was driving to Dallas one year and passed his spot and said "shit, I should stop in there sometime just because" - during my trip to Dallas, the motherfucker closed up shop.

tm24

Some of the early shows are a bit ropey to be honest, the only really must-see match is Zack vs Marty from Chapter 1 and maybe Ricochet vs Ligero from Chapter 6, but for the Havoc stuff you should start with Chapter 7, which is a couple of chapters before it all really kicks off but sets the scene well.

Yeah, ch7 is the start of the underdog stuff before he becomes the final resort against the Riots and then turns heel at the next show right?

Zach

I actually haven't. I was driving to Dallas one year and passed his spot and said "shit, I should stop in there sometime just because" - during my trip to Dallas, the motherfucker closed up shop.

Does he have a place in Oklahoma? Probably Norman...

Well, politically, isn't Vince a conservative? Isn't running in circles the thing they just...kinda do?

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

Yeah, ch7 is the start of the underdog stuff before he becomes the final resort against the Riots and then turns heel at the next show right?

Chapter 9's when he turns, but the matches he has at 7 & 8 play into his reasoning to do so, yeah. I suggested to PROGRESS that they should make a DVD chronicling his whole run with all the promos and youtube extras, but they didn't seem very keen on "celebrating a cunt", lol :p

tm24

Chapter 9's when he turns, but the matches he has at 7 & 8 play into his reasoning to do so, yeah. I suggested to PROGRESS that they should make a DVD chronicling his whole run with all the promos and youtube extras, but they didn't seem very keen on "celebrating a cunt", lol :p

Cool. I'll start at 6 and pick and choose matches from the first 6

Top Bottom