• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Might as well confess now.

Guys I bought WWE 2K17, I just ordered a copy. First time I have bought a wrestling game day one since that TNA game back in 2010.

This retailer has a habit of shipping before street date so I will give my thoughts and a damage report then.

Heroman

Banned

Guys I bought WWE 2K17, I just ordered a copy. First time I have bought a wrestling game day one since that TNA game back in 2010.

This retailer has a habit of shipping before street date so I will give my thoughts and a damage report then.
Do you just hate fun?

klonere

Banned
RAW
IS
REMATCHES

Ct2EoftW8AA5Lve.jpg

You did a bad.

A very bad.

I just love it when these vanilla midgets midcarder from japan thinks they're hot shit who are too good for WWE

If Vince offered him a contract he'd suck his dick faster than lucky luke can shoot

Marufuji would only go to a promotion where he's on top brother, he doesn't do "developmental" or "opening act stuff"

Why go to another promotion when he hasn't finished killing NOAH?

Bushiroad seems set on making Okada ace of both companies, so you can lay NOAH's death at his feet as well.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
you see, arn is trtying not to fall over onto his back as that would lead to being pinned. in professional wrestling, you lose when you're on your back with your shoulders pinned and the referee counts to 3.

imBask

Banned
If that little roll he did really bothers you, maybe you shouldn't watch wrestling at all. Do you know how many moves doesn't make sense in wrestling? Basically all of them

Jackhammer? incredibly stupid, just move around why are you standing there in the air
Powerbomb? just punch him in the face wtf
Cena's combo? just don't try to hit him after the shoulder block
Chokeslam? punch him
Crossface? just move
Armbar? just move
Camel Clutch? just move
FrogSplash? just move
Shooting star press? just move
Swanton bomb? just move
Suicide dive? just move

klonere

Banned
you see, arn is trtying not to fall over onto his back as that would lead to being pinned. in professional wrestling, you lose when you're on your back with your shoulders pinned and the referee counts to 3.

i mean if it were real you'd just drop down on the guys head or stomach or abdomen or anywhere but a conveniently perfect pinning position while not looking like a goofy loon instead of a violent tough guy that you are trying to portray.

If that little roll he did really bothers you, maybe you shouldn't watch wrestling at all. Do you know how many moves doesn't make sense in wrestling? Basically all of them

Jackhammer? incredibly stupid, just move around why are you standing there in the air
Chokeslam? punch him
Crossface? just move
Armbar? just move
Camel Clutch? just move
FrogSplash? just move
Swanton bomb? just move
Suicide dive? just move

This is more or less what I'm trying to say here

Wrestling is (now) built on cool and or dumb looking shit that happens only because its wrestling. A roll into a DDT far from the dumbest thing that can happen in a match nowadays.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Chokeslam? punch him
Crossface? just move
Armbar? just move
Camel Clutch? just move
FrogSplash? just move
Swanton bomb? just move
Suicide dive? just move

do you have brain damage or what

Sephzilla

That somersault is just one of the few wrestling tropes that actually does bug me, like the whole "adding a ton of flips/corkscrews to a splash somehow makes it more devastating"*

* The 450 splash is the one exception, because that one actually makes sense

Sephzilla

People who complain about "moves that look fake" in wrestling, a fake sport based on spectacle, do have brain damage.

I think there's also a line between fake and "blatantly fake". Like, a jackhammer is fake because there are realistic ways to break out of the move that never happen. Blatantly fake is shit like the Canadian Destroyer.

klonere

Banned
That somersault is just one of the few wrestling tropes that actually does bug me, like the whole "adding a ton of flips/corkscrews to a splash somehow makes it more devastating"*

* The 450 splash is the one exception, because that one actually makes sense

have you ever thought about how easy it is to escape a wrestling headlock

imBask

Banned
HBK hits the ring a billion times before superkicking you, why not just stay down, you know it's coming LOL

Sephzilla

HBK hits the ring a billion times before superkicking you, why not just stay down, you know it's coming LOL

To be fair, that was always pretty dumb too. I also don't think he ever won with the big stomping build up to the kick after his return.

Cosmozone

The most ridiculous make believe spot in wrestling is still the vertical suplex. It always makes me smile when seeing that, having more in common with figure skating than with fighting.

Kornflayx

As much as I hate that DJ Z rolling DDT, I can't hate it because when I was a kid I absolutely loved the Konnan rolling Clothesline. But I also liked Wolfpac Sting, so I was a pretty stupid kid

klonere

Banned
The most ridiculous make believe spot in wrestling is still the vertical suplex. It always makes me smile when seeing that, having more in common with figure skating than with fighting.

Stalling vertical suplexes are even better. "Just hold perfectly still for a few seconds, if you do literally anything, I'll probably have to let you go!"

Browny

Banned
As much as I hate that DJ Z rolling DDT, I can't hate it because when I was a kid I absolutely loved the Konnan rolling Clothesline. But I also liked Wolfpac Sting, so I was a pretty stupid kid

FqxAOZs.gif

Decent clothesline, dope submission. But yeah, Wolfpac Sting? Smh.

Zach

Dude, when your opponent successfully lifts you, nine times out of ten, you're screwed. Wrestlers are trained to minimize the impact of blows, so knowing this, they will straighten their bodies to spread out the impact of the eventual slam. Trying to wiggle out or attack your opponent in such a vulnerable position is generally not advised, as it can lead to disastrous results. A professional is always weighing the risk/reward in a wrestling match.

imBask

Banned
Dude, when your opponent successfully lifts you, nine times out of ten, you're screwed. Wrestlers are trained to minimize the impact of blows, so knowing this, they will straighten their bodies to spread out the impact of the eventual slam. Trying to wiggle out or attack your opponent in such a vulnerable position is generally not advised, as it can lead to disastrous results. A professional is always weighing the risk/reward in a wrestling match.

what a m-word

klonere

Banned

JOJ7AZm.gif

Top Bottom