• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

ReiGun

That was the most interesting Corbin has been since joining the main roster. Lots of great points and he met D Bry beat for beat.

It's great to see people like him and Carmella start to find their footing on Smackdown.

justjim89

Great promo by Corbin. Bryan fired up on him and Corbin fired right back. That's great. His bit about getting here easier than the rest was good stuff in NXT and it's even better now. He sold going over Jack Swagger like it was this huge thing and I believed him.

Corbin has a hell of a lot in front of him for sure.

Fave-five wrestlers. Go.

Then: Randy Savage, Shawn Michaels, Jake Roberts, Stone Cold and that dumb oaf Vader.

Now: AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Jericho, Pentagon Jr. and Cena.

Forever:

Terry_Funk_FOREVER-1.gif

Barrage

In the land of the no-promos, the Corbin is king. Allyou need is to give him something to do, and the guy will be invaluable.

ReiGun

I know they're probably gonna have another draft next year, but I would honestly rather Smackdown keep it's current roster for at least another 2 years. Add people to round out the numbers, sure, but let everyone who's there currently stay.

I would hate for people who have really benefited from the split and Smackdown's stronger creative direction to get moved to Raw and get lost in the shuffle there. Especially people like Corbin, who would probably get cut off at the knees before they have a chance to really come into their own.

Anth0ny

once again, just letting someone do their thing in an environment like talking smack proves that ANYONE can be interesting, even fucking baron corbin

lol'd at "you wrestled for pretzels and hot dogs for 10 years"

Corbin's match and talking Smack appearance sold me more on him than the previous 3 1/2 years combined. The whole bit about doing this for the money gave me some Scott Hall vibes for sure.

Talking Smack makes more stars than the actual shows do.

Zach

God dang that main event. Terrible match. Craziest, most gruesome injury ever (that actually wasn't shown during the PPV because of the backstage arrival of...). The terrible mystery man -- Animal?!

Surprisingly good for the first two hours or so, though.

As a straight to DVD reality star equivalent? Sure. Not as a wrestler though.
Up until the last season, Total Divas was drawing pretty good ratings. It might be trashy but the show has been pretty popular. And if the next season capitalizes on stuff like Eva's suspension or the Paige and Del Rio thing the it's pure money.

Plus we get Ambrose, Miz and Rusev next season. It's confirmed the best season yet.

I'm a mark for scripted reality TV. I disgust myself.

Caderfix

I didn't like AJ loosing to the jobber AND being laid down by Ambrose. It should've been one or the other. Anyways, I hope he gets to look strong again soon. Comedy is good, but not in large doses, specially when you're dealing with the champ.

Still, good show as usual. SmackDown is great.

Talking about pull backstage. Brie was always terrible and has never put on a good match. Undeserving of any spot she had. Nikki has improved leaps and bounds and has actually had great matches and segments.

Also stop using this air time to put over your wife who isn't active. And at least let Nikki speak for and defend herself, give her that promo. So fucking stupid. Bryan can't do anything with the heat. He will forever be over. That really should have been a Nikki retort promo.

Meh.

Talking about pull backstage. Brie was always terrible and has never put on a good match. Undeserving of any spot she had. Nikki has improved leaps and bounds and has actually had great matches and segments.

Also stop using this air time to put over your wife who isn't active. And at least let Nikki speak for and defend herself, give her that promo. So fucking stupid. Bryan can't do anything with the heat. He will forever be over. That really should have been a Nikki retort promo.

Meh.
They both can go away

ReiGun

Something about the only retort to criticisms of Cena and the Bellas being "they work so hard" irks me. Everyone on the roster works hard. Come a little harder than that, Daniel

Man, I feel so bad for the legit talented women in the 90's/Early 00's who had to deal with peak Diva and objectification shit. Ivory and Molly Holly especially.

Shoot- No more Thikki and Carmella feud please.

I think it's fine. It's a good little mid-card feud, and we at least have two women's storylines going on Smackdown, gives us character development and they get much needed experience with telling a story.

Carmella and Nikki has a better build then the Raw ones.

Sasha vs Charlotte is the type of feud that the writers thinks is the best 4H feud, when it's not even top three. And Bayley vs Dana is just laughable now that Dana's botch means she just beat Bayley clean as a whistle.

But yeah, unless we actually get a No DQ match out of it, I don't want to see them fight again.

Man, I feel so bad for the legit talented women in the 90's/Early 00's who had to deal with peak Diva and objectification shit. Ivory and Molly Holly especially.

I think it's fine. It's a good little mid-card feud, and we at least have two women's storylines going on Smackdown, gives us character development and they get much needed experience with telling a story.

Molly would be incredible right now in this environment omg....

KingBroly

Banned
Sasha or Charlotte take the Foley bump off the top of the Cell...

Table doesn't break

The more I think about that match, the more I think it's a bad idea.

Hogan was pathetic. Yeah brother, I'm going to win but not get the titles but I will stick my stupid nose in the main event and beat Yokozuna to win the title. Oh yeah brother. Dumbass.

Top Bottom