• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

He's seriously underrated. Such an amazing prick, he's fantastic.

And he's been stuck in the same situation each time on talking smack with stupid logic. Bryan's like "Prove yourself to us, do something". He's killed Apollo Crews for weeks straight, he's beaten swagger. He's not being given chances lol, how can he prove himself? In kayfabe, Bryan looks like a moron.

He wont the Andre battle royale at his Mania debut. Give him something that he can prove himself with. Makes no fuckin' sense. I love talking smack because it exposes the stupid holes that WWE purposefully overlooks.

Am I the only person who thinks this whole James Ellsworth thing is completely ridiculous?

Edit: also just read a rumour that HBK vs AJ styles is being planned for Rumble '17 because it's in San Antonio......

Match of the year candidate in January

tumblr_of9y4qiKBd1r4c1k8o1_540.jpg

dream
the
prophet

By Gawd, what's Global Force Wrestling's expert analyst doing on this Bellator card?!

World of Sport Wrestling will be coming back to UK's ITV later this year for a one-off special:

1EjqOeh.jpg

World Of Sport Wrestling

ITV has commissioned a one-off wrestling special to air later this year.

Commissioned by Helen Warner for ITV and produced by ITV Studios Entertainment, World Of Sport Wrestling or WOS Wrestling will see some of the UK’s top names in the sport compete in a fun-filled afternoon of family sports entertainment.

The two hour special will see some of the UK’s finest pro wrestlers including, 'The East End Butcher' Sha Samuels, Dave Mastiff and 'Viper' Kimberly Benson, compete in front of a live audience across a series of fights; from singles to tag team and eliminations. Commentary will come from America's number one wrestling commentator, Jim Ross.

Backstage, viewers will catch up with the wrestlers between fights and at the end of the show one fighter will take home the WoS Wrestling belt.

Tom Mclennan, Creative Director, ITV Studios Entertainment said: "World of Sport Wrestling was a major event for millions of families every Saturday afternoon for over 20 years. I'm excited about bringing back this iconic brand and celebrating the best British wrestlers in the country."

WOS is an ITV Studios Entertainment production for ITV. The Executive Producers are Tom Mclennan and Simon Marsh.

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/press-releases/world-sport-wrestling

Jim Ross on commentary is notable.

Jim Ross on commentary...hope he watches a fair bit of the old WoS in preparation, needs to drop in a few Kent Walton-isms. And open the show with "Greetings, grapple fans".

Jim Ross on commentary...hope he watches a fair bit of the old WoS in preparation, needs to drop in a few Kent Walton-isms. And open the show with "Greetings, grapple fans".

oh shit, I missed that. The brief snippets of him on WCPW weren't impressive, but it's a name that carries weight still.

I never knew WCPW was UK based.... consider me tickled pink

Also - with crowds like that, TV coverage is most definitely needed. It's ready for the next step wouldn't you say?

I guess? At the same time TV audiences are declining and a UK exclusive TV show I don't think will give much exposure over the global reach of your on demand's and such.

I know some of the established indies have been a bit wary of TV, so I guess it's good it's its own thing.

On the other hand, and you see it with WCPW where YouTube comments are full of "WCPW GUYS" style comments, I'm not convinced how well a product aimed at casual non BritWres fans then feeds back into improving the British scene.

Recall

NJPW World. Recall's Blog

Continuing in my passage through 1995 has brought me to Inoki vs. Flair in a match that happened in North Korea!

Its a great heated match and both do what they do best and can seemingly do no wrong for the hot crowd. Inoki's kicks are just as over as Flair's chops and once they start laying into each other it is a sight to behold.

kiguel182

Smackdown is such an enjoyable show. No long matches, good storytelling and interesting stuff happening.

They have a weak roster ( I mean, fucking Curt Hawkins) but they are doing the best with what they have. They got James Elsworth over as fuck.

It's just a good, enjoyable wrestling show.

6 months ago: OMG WWE BURIED AJ BY HAVING LOSE TO JERICHO

Now: OMG JERICHO AND ELLSWORTH ARE GREAT

Y'all a bunch of weird marks

I for one find this whole Ellsworth thing a load of steamed up shite.

They are doing it so it's the whole 'I chased my dream and even though I look like an earthworm and can't wrestle particularly well, anyone can make it if you work hard enough!"

kiguel182

Jericho vs AJ was ridiculous because they played it straight.

Jericho now is funny and totally self aware. Same for Elsworth. It's just fun and well done.

Is this the thing in which Simon Cowell was rumored to be involved?

Wrestling!
c4198aad978ee7f24829597d93c3953522e10f16_hq.gif

Wrestling!
tumblr_nhz78zn7XF1u7nto6o1_400.gif

Fuck Misawa. Fuck Thikki Bella. Big Daddy Forearm.
tumblr_mw6604Ndtj1t1054no2_400.gif

I don't think Cowell's involved. No-one really knows who is (though I've seen speculation on Twitter that Alex Shane has his mitts on this as well)

He also hates Puerto Rice ;_;

Hogan is the shits, them. Boys in pr would've broke his leg for him, again.
You just know Hogan thought of digging up Yokozunas body so he could get his heat back.

Pin him in the casket on tape.
It's sad, wanted wcw to sign him just so he could get his win back. Obviously we know he has issues but dude needs Jesus. Ffs, let it go.
Am I the only person who thinks this whole James Ellsworth thing is completely ridiculous?

Edit: also just read a rumour that HBK vs AJ styles is being planned for Rumble '17 because it's in San Antonio......

Match of the year candidate in January
That rumour comes from a no name website, also wwe keeps pestering him. Shawn turns them down over and over.

Also, I'm looking forward to Hideki Suzuki being a dick to Hideyoshi Kamitani for the BJW title.

Putting your balls in your opponent's face for no reason? Check.
bj8.16-1.gif

Disrespecting your opponents? Check.
suzuki2.gif

Potatoing your opponent? Check.
suzuki.gif

Kyari

I never knew WCPW was UK based.... consider me tickled pink

Also - with crowds like that, TV coverage is most definitely needed. It's ready for the next step wouldn't you say?

My reaction on this went one deeper, because I didn't realise they were Newcastle based until suddenly I started seeing posters for it all over my city. I've attended most of the shows they've done up here and it is continually excellent fun.

Someone needs to take away Mick's social media access

The match order for HIAC Will probably not be finalized until hours before the actual show, so each member of the WWE Universe can decide for themselves what their main event is. Regardless of where the women's match is placed on the card, both Sasha and Charlotte should absolutely feel like they are the main event - as should Kevin Owens and Seth Rollins. It's a competitive business, and that competitive spirit should bring out the best in everyone on October 30th.

I agree with Mick.

Charlotte is arguably their most polished and exciting performer. Consistently gives match of the night performances.

It's the main reason I'll watch it

this was his comment after calling it the main event a few hours earlier

Also the WWE has done a GREAT job of making this HIAC more about Mick, Steph/Womans Revolutions, etc than the actual fucking people in the match

this was his comment after calling it the main event a few hours earlier

Also the WWE has done a GREAT job of making this HIAC more about Mick, Steph/Womans Revolutions, etc than the actual fucking people in the match

Yea I agree with you there.

It shouldn't be 'Oh this is a good match because it's the first woman in HIAC'

It should be 'Our rivalry is so intense it needs HIAC to end it'

If progressive equality is the intention they shouldn't keep referring to the gender difference in the first place.

Either way I'm calling this as the match of the night once again

Top Bottom