• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

ezgif.com-video-to-gif%207_zpsexxgl8ic.gif~original

So Tajiri has some sort of ambassadorial role with WWE - took part in CWC etc...

His match against super crazy at ECW is considered one of the greatest of all times (on alot of top 50 lists anyway)

I really want him to be a surprise entrant in RR '17

I'd pop for that

Sanjuro

So Tajiri has some sort of ambassadorial role with WWE - took part in CWC etc...

His match against super crazy at ECW is considered one of the greatest of all times (on alot of top 50 lists anyway)

I'd pop for that

Tajiri was the only reason this Cruiserweight thing had any ounce of salt for me and I still haven't seen him. :'(

Hoping they can do something fun with him. The Rumble without a few surprise/throwback entrants is awful.

Tajiri was the only reason this Cruiserweight thing had any ounce of salt for me and I still haven't seen him. :'(

Hoping they can do something fun with him. The Rumble without a few surprise/throwback entrants is awful.

Tajiri, Kendrick and a couple of guys from Lucha Underground were the only draw for me. I am still glad they are actually giving them a chance - despite it undoubtedly getting forgotten soon.

I totally agree about the rumble. I love it when the clock ticks down and then you hear some music you haven't heard in years and years. The crowd goes wild and you can't help but smile.

Cornette will be shooting on Pepsi next.
You need to listen to his two part podcast with Bruce Prichard, very good stuff.

I'd pop for that
That's awesome. Can't wait to see what he does.

What I'm uncomfortable with the AJ DQ lost last night is that they announced AJ vs Dean and if Dean wins, he'll be the #1 contender for the World Title. So in conclusion, Dean will be #1 contender and AJ would have lost 3 consecutive times in a row.

What I'm uncomfortable with the AJ DQ lost last night is that they announced AJ vs Dean and if Dean wins, he'll be the #1 contender for the World Title. So in conclusion, Dean will be #1 contender and AJ would have lost 3 consecutive times in a row.

Also:

-- Braun crushed Ellsworth, but AJ is "struggling" against him despite being the world champ
-- AJ has been called out for how good and technical he is, but he keeps letting his guard down against Ellsworth

The ellsworth feud is seriously making AJ look "weak" and not by typical OMG CENA standards, in actual friggin story telling

Speaking of shirts, my Nakamura shirt arrived today. Comfy as fuck too, and roomier than I'd expect for a medium.

In other news, somebody I know mentioned the game Kane & Lynch, so I couldn't get this stupid idea out my head.

CvIkA7AWYAAFU7E.jpg

If these Styles/Michaels at the Rumble rumours are true, i will mark out like marks have never marked.

If the rumour gains ground we can start the hype fest.

Also:

-- Braun crushed Ellsworth, but AJ is "struggling" against him despite being the world champ
-- AJ has been called out for how good and technical he is, but he keeps letting his guard down against Ellsworth

The ellsworth feud is seriously making AJ look "weak" and not by typical OMG CENA standards, in actual friggin story telling

I've said from the start the Ellsworth thing is a heap of dog shite. I honestly don't know what the intention was. All I keep coming back to is how HHH likes to punish people who have made their fame elsewhere because of blah blah pay your dues or blah blah WWE way.

CM Punk - poor booking at his start
Bryan Danielson - Lost in a squash match after one kick from Sheamus at WM.... for the TITLE. It was the curtain jerker and like 9 seconds. An insult.
Samoa Joe & Nakamura - Been in NXT for ages despite being better than 90% of the main roster....

Mahonay

Banned
Catching up on Smackdown right now.

Naomi is suddenly becoming a super solid ring worker and a legitimately good face. Her match with Alexa really surprised me.

Also never thought I would in any way enjoy the team of Orton and Kane. But here I am.

Smackdown takes the time to do good old fashion wrestling storylines where the line between faces and heels is clear. You need to do the simple things to get people invested in the first place.

Catching up on Smackdown right now.

Naomi is suddenly becoming a super solid ring worker and a legitimately good face. Her match with Alexa really surprised me.

Also never thought I would in any way enjoy the team of Orton and Kane. But here I am.

Smackdown takes the time to do good old fashion wrestling storylines where the line between faces and heels is clear. You need to do the simple things to get people invested in the first place.

What's blown my mind about Naoimi is she's been incredibly over since redoing her image. The cheers may not be as much during the match, but you can hear the kids going nuts the moment her music and dance kick in.

Mahonay

Banned
What's blown my mind about Naoimi is she's been incredibly over since redoing her image. The cheers may not be as much during the match, but you can hear the kids going nuts the moment her music and dance kick in.
I had no faith in her repackaging but it's really starting to get some momentum.

I know this isn't the WWE 2k17 thread but if anyone here has that game on PS4 and fancies some matches - add me up

Me and my mates play most nights from 10 and we all know online is better than Single Player.

Luvs_2_Squidge is my PSN - just put the word WWE in the invite

Also:

Yeah, I'm not feeling this Ellsworth shit at all.

Kaladin

It's not like Ellsworth is getting treated like a serious wrestler here. He's a pawn in the Ambrose vs AJ feud and Ambrose is using him to piss AJ off and throw him off his game.

Again, smart psychology and good story telling.

It's not like Ellsworth is getting treated like a serious wrestler here. He's a pawn in the Ambrose vs AJ feud and Ambrose is using him to piss AJ off and throw him off his game.

Again, smart psychology and good story telling.

Only smart if you view as a mark.

Anyone with a wrestling brain can plainly see they are trying to build Ambrose as the heel you want to see get beaten. AJ is going to beat him when they go one on one. It's not good story telling at all.

It's pretty much the most basic wrestling storyline you can come up with.

I fucking hate 'beat the champ in a non-title match and you earn a title match' stipulations.

Ambrose and Style is another case of feuds that just need to fucking die and stop being repeated. Ambrose better lose clean at Survivor Series and we get Miz vs Styles for TLC.

I fucking hate 'beat the champ in a non-title match and you earn a title match' stipulations.

Ambrose and Style is another case of feuds that just need to fucking die and stop being repeated. Ambrose better lose clean at Survivor Series and we get Miz vs Styles for TLC.

For real. If you are going to have a rivalry make it about wrestling matches, make it about who's better.

Sure, be a heel and cheat and don't have clean wins etc... but the angle they have now is terrible.

Ellsworth threw a legit better superkick than half the roster

Now lets see him do a spear and suicide dive

AJ struggled against Ellsworth because AJ never took him seriously. It's really simple and good story telling.

Again, maybe it's me being the fun police but I just don't see it. You could do the whole "dean fucking with AJ" thing without needing to have this whole comedy gimmick thing.

I know this isn't the WWE 2k17 thread but if anyone here has that game on PS4 and fancies some matches - add me up

Me and my mates play most nights from 10 and we all know online is better than Single Player.

Luvs_2_Squidge is my PSN - just put the word WWE in the invite
Unfortunately, I don't play online lol.

Top Bottom