• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Heroman

Banned
By the way, that Rock song you're referencing is horrendously bad. It's William Shatner tier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah_ebwXpvTw
raw

Zach

Oh believe me, when you get to 2 out of 3 falls (or THREE STAGES OF HELL), you'll be feeling all sorts of things.
Hopefully I can get past my initial distaste for Triple H being shoehorned into another fancy gimmick match against an actual top star in an effort to make him seem elite.

the triple main event should've taken place simultaneously, inside a WCW triple cage
Bring back the triple split screen from WW3, too.

Only one ref though, who must observe all three matches from a glass dome in the rafters.

Is this No Way Out 2001 you are referring too?

If that's the case then that match is one of the greatest EVER

HHH vs Stone Cold right?
Yup! Love that match so much.

Best raw match ever for me would be Benoit/Jericho vs. Austin/Triple H. It's the kind of miraculously high quality match that would be impossible to replicate even if you tried 20 times.

edit: Hmmm, I just booted up the match on the network and.... the time stamp is not missing. O:

Lothar

Banned

HBK accepts match despite having a bad eye
Jericho does to HBK what Negan did to someone on the last Walking Dead
Final Highlight Reel because he's through being an entertainer

This is what it takes to be hated even though people know it's an act. But no one wants to be hated anymore. (Except for Brock) Someone doing this work isn't going to get dual chants or "You deserve it!" chants. Even Jericho doesn't want to go there anymore because he had to put himself in that mindset every night.

Greatest?

Absolutely with the knowledge that talking ability, story telling, and making fans care about you is a big part of what it takes to be the greatest. See the HBK accepting the match video posted above to see evidence that he's the greatest.

Best raw match ever for me would be Benoit/Jericho vs. Austin/Triple H. It's the kind of miraculously high quality match that would be impossible to replicate even if you tried 20 times.

edit: Hmmm, I just booted up the match on the network and.... the time stamp is not missing. O:

Probably not the best here but my favourite Raw match by far...

Jeff Hardy vs Undertaker in ladder match

It's not bad at all,

Hasney

It's not bad at all,

Ending to that is fantastic with undertaker being such a fucking heel for a while and then that obsolete mule just saying how he was still standing, so Taker shakes his hand.

Ending to that is fantastic with undertaker being such a fucking heel for a while and then that obsolete mule just saying how he was still standing, so Taker shakes his hand.

That bit where JR is like 'Climb the ladder! Take your chance Kid!'

Mark bait

and I take it every time haha

Anth0ny

It's not bad at all,

I'll always remember that match because, as a kid watching it, I was 100% sure Taker was winning.

Like... Jeff Hardy is a tag team guy. He's not a main event guy. And Taker is way bigger and stronger. He's not gonna win. In fact, Booger Red is going to destroy him.

AND THEN WHEN THE MATCH WAS AWESOME I BIT AT EVERY FUCKING NEAR FALL

I'll always remember that match because, as a kid watching it, I was 100% sure Taker was winning.

Like... Jeff Hardy is a tag team guy. He's not a main event guy. And Taker is way bigger and stronger. He's not gonna win. In fact, Booger Red is going to destroy him.

AND THEN WHEN THE MATCH WAS AWESOME I BIT AT EVERY FUCKING NEAR FALL

For real. I never thought he'd win, especially on Raw....

But they played it so well that you always believed he had a chance. Taker even sold so well that you believed Hardy really took him to his limit. Fantastic story telling.

That match opened the door for Hardy to be a main eventer.

Would be fun if TNA invaded nWo style

When WWE inevitably buy TNA I literally hope they do exactly this....

Zach

There have been a couple Benoit matches with timestamps. I've posted about it once or twice. Does the description of the match actually mention Benoit, though? I don't think I ever checked that...

Zach

When is this fabled Jeff Hardy/Undertaker match? I'll probably never watch it. >_>

Edit: I remembered Google. July 1, 2002.

Zach

Are you really going to skip ALL the Raws after WCW folds?

I won't hold it against you
(I will)
, but there are gems of matches that are worth watching.

I will heavily fast-forward through Invasion-era 'sodez. And then I'll probably skip everything but PPVs and try to catch significant matches like Hardy/Booger Red on RAW.

If I keep watching this trash.

Anth0ny

I will heavily fast-forward through Invasion-era 'sodez. And then I'll probably skip everything but PPVs and try to catch significant matches like Hardy/Booger Red on RAW.

Invasion Era Raws (Post Mania 17-Mania 18) are worth watching, even though they are depressing when you realize how much they botched it AND that it was the beginning of the downfall of pro wrestling, the effects of which we are still feeling today.

Ruthless Aggression Era (Brock's debut day after mania - Brock/Goldberg at Mania 20) you gotta watch Raw and Smackdown, though.

Then you can skip everything because wrestling becomes complete shit at that point.

Also don't forget that 4 team TLC match they had for the tag titles. Pretty sure it was 10th or 15th Anniversary of Raw....

Probably in the top 5 raw matches ever too

Hasney

Just found out one of my co workers is a carny. He just told our whole team he's going to a wrestling show tonight. Nxt >_>.

Surely this is the perfect time to let the team know you're the most frequent poster to the monthly wrestling thread on a videogame-based forum?

Surely this is the perfect time to let the team know you're the most frequent poster to the monthly wrestling thread on a videogame-based forum?

If there was ever a better time, I've never seen it.

You may even find he's a gaffer....

IT'S ME BLUEKAVELI. IT WAS ME ALL ALONG

hahaa! Exactly the response I was fishing for.

I feel we've become friends
Good lord, this just made my morning. Fuck coffee.

Top Bottom