• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

Why are people saying Nakamura doesn't care when his opponents are talentless hacks?

I’m not in favor of a lot of the so and so person doesn’t care rhetoric that pops up here and there.

In his case, he signed a contract, and has to not only own up to it and the booking he is handed, he is responsible for his own performance. To that end, I think he is doing just fine. But yeah, booking and his feelings are not mutually exclusive

Toki767

I wonder how many agents are there just telling Nakamura that he doesn't really have to do much in his matches.

On the other hand you gotta think even Nakamura knows that his main roster feuds so far have been pretty dreadful.

klonere

Banned
Just finished KOPW. Good show. Ospreay/Kushida was great.

Idiotic how they are making Hiromu look like a geek.

He's still easily the most over junior but yeah, weird, weird build.

Ospreay/Hiromu at the Dome is gonna be lit though

Watch the clip on YT or wherever. Balor sells for that thing.

It is a really embarassing segment but one could see it in a so bad its good way.

Oh, well.

That seems very bad.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I only caught the summary of Raw but they can't possibly be done with Enzo as CW champ right? It's literally the only thing that was getting the division any heat at all. There's no way he doesn't get it back at TLC because it would be dumb as fuck otherwise...

klonere

Banned
HEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTT

oh wait wrong type of heat

DLw9-8DXUAAWcI7.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why is Balor saying "at TLC you're going to find out that-"

when they don't have a match at TLC set up yet

Recall

Why is Balor saying "at TLC you're going to find out that-"

when they don't have a match at TLC set up yet

Because WWE booking means they don't even need to try, just run the same formula each month, network numbers stay the same, live the same comfortable life.

Balor hasn't done much fun yet.

Hasney

I only caught the summary of Raw but they can't possibly be done with Enzo as CW champ right? It's literally the only thing that was getting the division any heat at all. There's no way he doesn't get it back at TLC because it would be dumb as fuck otherwise...

Are they having it as a ladder match? But a few cruisers in and Enzo who will bump like a madman before getting the win would be interesting.

I need someone to explain Osaka Pro and Kuishinbo Kamen to me. Every time Lariato posts gifs of Kamen and others I’m laughing my ass off because it’s so ridiculous.

I need someone to explain Osaka Pro and Kuishinbo Kamen to me. Every time Lariato posts gifs of Kamen and others I’m laughing my ass off because it’s so ridiculous.

Osaka Pro was Super Delfin's promotion after he left M-Pro, lots of crazy masked characters and a good dose of comedy - the two main proponents being Kuishinbo Kamen and Ebessan (later Kikutaro). They both joined Osaka Pro around the same time and have wrestled a ton over the past 18 years, any of their matches are well worth a watch - here's one of the more well known ones; http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ip17

As for Kuishinbo's character, mischievous clown best describes him, although the name translates to something like glutton mask. Osaka Pro went bankrupt a few years back, and Delfin's moved on to a new small promotion named Seafood Pro (seriously, with fish-gimmicked wrestlers) but Kamen still runs touring shows under the Osaka Pro name with some of the old wrestlers from the promotion, as well as a ton of micro-indie shows in odd venues. Here's his twitter; https://twitter.com/kuisinbokamen and youtube channel; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmOZzUqfKVkQ54JKihOLw0w/videos

Osaka Pro was Super Delfin's promotion after he left M-Pro, lots of crazy masked characters and a good dose of comedy - the two main proponents being Kuishinbo Kamen and Ebessan (later Kikutaro). They both joined Osaka Pro around the same time and have wrestled a ton over the past 18 years, any of their matches are well worth a watch - here's one of the more well known ones; http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ip17

As for Kuishinbo's character, mischievous clown best describes him, although the name translates to something like glutton mask. Osaka Pro went bankrupt a few years back, and Delfin's moved on to a new small promotion named Seafood Pro (seriously, with fish-gimmicked wrestlers) but Kamen still runs touring shows under the Osaka Pro name with some of the old wrestlers from the promotion, as well as a ton of micro-indie shows in odd venues. Here's his twitter; https://twitter.com/kuisinbokamen and youtube channel; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmOZzUqfKVkQ54JKihOLw0w/videos

Thanks for this. I think I need to mix this and DDT into my life more. I could use some more fun in life.

I instantly fast-forwarded through the Bray Wyatt segment (like I do every Bray Wyatt segment) and had no idea what happened until reading reactions on here just now.

So I'm watching it on YouTube now and LOLOLOLOL.

Recall

When AJ Styles was IWGP champion in 2014 why did he very rarely defend the belt even though he was on the shows, but instead used in tag matches third from the top?

When AJ Styles was IWGP champion in 2014 why did he very rarely defend the belt even though he was on the shows, but instead used in tag matches third from the top?

Timing.

He won it at Dontaku and lost it at KoPW.

There's only Dominion between Dontaku and G1 which takes up the summee and then KoPW is the next big show... so basically the champion doesn't defend in July, August or September.

In AJ's case he won it and defended it twice in May didn't defend it at Dominion and thus after his three title matches in May his next one was KoPW in October where he lost it.

NJPW has a pretty routine title defense schedule

Okada's current run has had the same number of defenses between Dontaku and KoPW.

The only difference is that AJ didn't defend at Dominion.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that sister abigail promo might have been the worst thing I've seen in a very very long time, in fact I couldnt even finish it. What the fuck were they thinking?

Timing.

Okada's current run has had the same number of defenses between Dontaku and KoPW.

Yeah, he could've defended against Naito, but Naito chose to go after Okada's Tokyo Dome no.1 contendership instead (and lost) so post-G1 AJ's only viable challenger was Tanahashi.

Recall

Timing.

Destruction in Kobe he is in a tag match as champ

Dominion in a tag match.

klonere

Banned

So he won it in May, defends it three times in one month which is a huge anomaly in the booking. One of the shows was an ROH one which explains that I guess. I can't recall (hah) the last time that has happened for any NJPW belt, except maybe the heavyweight tag, which is a trashfire abortion of a title right now.

Then it's the BOSJ, G1 and Destruction tours, none of which get defenses usually and then we have the KoPW match!

The big gap is the Dominion show lacking a challenge but maybe they thought 4 defenses within 2 months was too much, too fast? They are super duper protective of the belt and its prestige and all that.

Hasney

Weird that even with how terrible that Sister Abigail thing is, it wasn't even the worst thing a wrestling fan could see on Monday, what with Cornette flopping his cock out live on stage.

Ku5o8QS.jpg

Who you got?

Hiromu & BUSHI seem like the obvious choice, but if the title shot's at Wrestle Kingdom then Hiromu can't challenge for the Jr. title - so, for that reason: I'm going with Liger & Tiger. ACH & Taguchi would be a good choice too, but I see Taguchi Japan challenging for the NEVER Trios belts at WK, so Liger & Tiger's my pick. Gives the veterans something to do at WK more than an opening tag or pre-show battle royale, plus it'd be a great moment to see the legends putting over Sho & Yoh on NJPW's biggest stage.

Destruction in Kobe he is in a tag match as champ

Dominion in a tag match.

NJPW keeps their title defenses to a generally regimented schedule. Only certain shows are IWGP title match shows.

In the time of AJ's title reign

It's usually:
Dontaku
Dominion
King of Pro Wrestling

Those are usually the NJPW shows where the title is defended and then in between there might be defenses in ROH or elsewhere (AJ defended in New York at an ROH/NJPW War of the Worlds show and Okada of course at Long Beach)

Destruction in Kobe is not an IWGP Heavyweight title defense show. The only aberration is Dominion and it's probably because they wanted Nakamura to main event and AJ had defended a month earlier at this show show:

NJPW Back To Yokohama Arena, which was a one off show (not part of theur normal annual event calendar) and one of their biggest shows that year (they hadn't been in that arena for 11 years) so that makes up for the lack of title defense at Dominion (which because of the Yokohama show wasn't as big that year) and they like keeping their title defenses on the rare side.

So in the time span he defended it 4 times, the same number as Okada has in that time span. Doing tag matches in between is completely normal

that sister abigail promo might have been the worst thing I've seen in a very very long time, in fact I couldnt even finish it. What the fuck were they thinking?

I was annoyed that they had Finn actually buy into it. They would have been better off having him dismiss it for what it is.

That intercontinental title got defended without fail.

Actually the IC title was defended less in the time span that AJ's was IWGP Heavyweight champ.

Only 3 times.

Nakamua defended it at Back To Yokohama Arena, lost it to Fale at Dominion and won it back at Destruction in Kobe.

Back To Yokohama Arena basically took Dominion's spot as the big spring show where all the belts are defended.

Other than those big shows (Tokyo Dome and usually Dominion) Heavyweight and IC usually trade off as the main event title defenses, things like which title the New Japan Cup winner choses sometimes changes which shows those are. It keeps both titles important (and defenses rare and special) and ensures the IC champ is seen as a legit main eventer.

Ambrose, Rollins and Reigns were incredibly fired up last night. The three are probably really happy to be put back together looked like they were having a blast.

TLC main event should be amazing.

Also from

Well, hey, I'm here like I said before, I'm here to SHOCK the world. I'm ready, I'm ready to show my Lucha art inside and outside the ring, but... First of all, I can't stop thinking about Baron Corrin, Baron Corbin being on Smackdown. Heh, I get to have my revenge. ¿Sabes qué? He... Like I said, I'm here, to stay and make, make a make a-a a good, good Luchas Lucha... Thing... GOD DAMNIT! WOO!

tumblr_oc1mj1Dnxs1rwgmsfo5_400.gif

tenor.gif

to

WE DID IT

Ambrose, Rollins and Reigns were incredibly fired up last night. The three are probably really happy to be put back together looked like they were having a blast.

TLC main event should be amazing.

Also from

tumblr_oc1mj1Dnxs1rwgmsfo5_400.gif

tenor.gif

to

WE DID IT

They were split up way too early. They just fit so well together. It's legitimately exciting.

As to the bolded: Seth Rollins didn't help what are you talking about?

They were split up way too early. They just fit so well together. It's legitimately exciting.

As to the bolded: Seth Rollins didn't help what are you talking about?
Took me a second to work out what the fuck Seth had to do with this but then dammit excel you had to remind me of that short period of terrible promos.

Top Bottom