• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

HotchieMotchie

Neo Member
Still can't get over the fact that WWE decided that the only way to make Bray interesting was to literally turn Sister Abigail into a Jojo stand

At this point I wonder if Bray will pull a Cody Rhodes and bail, he can't possibly be happy about all of these crappy storylines he's been in

"
yj98dm7.gif

Me when I realize I saw HHH on my caller ID and still answered the phone"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wyatt's got a job for life and seems to be upper midcard for life at worst

How can you say he doesn't have a career? He'll make more than your fav NJPW star that's for fucking sure.

He's doing great. He can eat any poison and come out unscathed. I'm still as into Bray as I was one day one. He makes shit work.

I also don't think he'd be ANY good outside of WWE because his character work would be scuttled, and that's the best thing he has going for him, by far.

klonere

Banned
He's doing great. He can eat any poison and come out unscathed. I'm still as into Bray as I was one day one. He makes shit work.

I also don't think he'd be ANY good outside of WWE because his character work would be scuttled, and that's the best thing he has going for him, by far.

I want to clarify that I don't think he's any good though!

Power to you if you can still go along with his shtick even now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I want to clarify that I don't think he's any good though!

Power to you if you can still go along with his shtick even now.

I have a soft spot for that family, which helps. I think in-ring, Wyatt's pretty great. Not the best, but he can sure as shit deliver with the right opponents.

Booking has made a mess of a lot of the logic, but he has been able to keep his character itself strong. People still bring them lights out.

klonere

Banned
"
yj98dm7.gif

Me when I realize I saw HHH on my caller ID and still answered the phone"

"We are gonna focus your merch and character towards the demon element instead of our facsimile of that Hot Topic bestseller. Oh and your merch royalty cheque is down this month, no idea why."

I know it's easy to shit on it from a "WWE going for cheap" crap, but The Shield actually getting back together for an extended run is a good idea. WWE suffers from too many single and not enough stables.

Yep.

And it's not like they can't be together and have their individual stuff... I don't break them up again for like at least a year if not way more... it's like New Day they honestly should never break up.

HotchieMotchie

Neo Member
I think Bray is a fine performer but he's saddled with shitty storylines and W/L record that makes him hard to take as a serious threat

Like, a big reason why 'Taker worked so well is that he was presented as this nearly-unstoppable, unrelenting force-of-nature. Bray loses clean in every other PPV.

Pikma

Banned
At this point I wouldn't watch Raw or any other WWE programming even if you paid me per minute watched, going from what I read here not only the product has continued to be shit since the last time I watched, they've actually been finding ways to make it progressively worse.

Maybe I could put up with the 80 minutes of commercial breaks each week but the actual product? I don't think so, no.

Ayup, agreed.

Like it makes no sense but I gave no shits about Rollins and Ambrose until theyt got back together (I've been fine with Roman post Mania) but put them together and I love them all dearly. Never seen 3 guys who are good on their own but just fucking magic as a group

LOL literally nothing on the Global Wrestling Network actually works.

Zach

The wrassle biz is so weird. Like, you're a wrassler wrasslin' until you hit the big time, then you're expected to make movies.

JambiBum

I took my wife to RAW last night for our first live event. She's not really a wrestling fan or anything but she likes to humor me and knows a couple of wrestlers. She got excited about the sister Abigail promos in the arena before it happened because she likes weird horror things and then when it turned out to be just a lame video/voice over thing she got disappointed. She was hoping that it would be a woman doing creepy shit and instead we got that.

Zach

I'm-a put in my Home Depot Bold Prediction Lock of the Week and say that Sister Abigail turns out to be a great success.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I took my wife to RAW last night for our first live event. She's not really a wrestling fan or anything but she likes to humor me and knows a couple of wrestlers. She got excited about the sister Abigail promos in the arena before it happened because she likes weird horror things and then when it turned out to be just a lame video/voice over thing she got disappointed. She was hoping that it would be a woman doing creepy shit and instead we got that.

Imagine how much better it would have been if they projected maggots on the ring canvas.

:(

Zach

Dallas, Texas!

Any restaurant suggestions/must-see sights? It's not for me actually. It's for my ladyfriend who is doing a little mom-and-sisters getaway there soon.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Take it back so Global Wrestling Network is just Impact Total Access with no geo locking and skinned green and white and uglier and some indies (very little) and random weird old wrestling tacked on, anyone who had a Total Access account still uses that... If what I think is true is true I will be laughing like crazy tomorrow.

Anth0ny

holy shit, Pollock said Wyatt/Balor officially just topped Wyatt/Orton for worse feud of the year.

that's actually amazing. I'm literally stunned that they were able to accomplish that. You have to TRY to be that bad. They are amazing at being bad.

and even wai ting didn't really like it, which speaks volumes.

So this is actually neat.

GWN's definition of Classic wrestling is indies not current so they have a show called Pro Wrestling Superstars and it's got some Kevin Steen and El Generico Stuff (well they say it's there but the labelling might be wrong lol)

Ok more update these Pro Wrestling Superstars are essentially mix tapes... there's some Sexton Hardcastle (Edge) & Christian Cage (duh) tag matches (at least one) on this thing.

What's the point of this feud again? Is creative going to incorporate "mysterious powers" to the Demon King Balor?

Yet it still has more point then once again trying to debut someone they want to introduce as a big exciting talent in a meaningless squash match against a low card talent they've made look weak as fuck over the last few months.

If you don't want to take the title of your belt holder in their first match, but you know are still make a jobber the champ of your B show for months, then at least give Asuka somebody who's been booked strong like Nia or kinda strong like Sasha.

I didn't like Asuka's NXT title run, but they need to stop trying to build hot talents by putting them in programs with people they've conditioned the audience to not give a shit about.

BWHAHAHAHAHA

The Classic wrestling is supposed to have a ton of episodes but skipping through trying to find the Kevin Steen stufff I've discovered that almost all of them are just the same episode

Top Bottom