• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

God damn imagine Neville/Hiromu at Wrestle Kingdom

Honestly, if Neville is done with WWE and goes to NJPW I do not want him in the Jrs. division. He is capable of way more, like he showed us this year. He should go directly to the heavy weight division. Just imagine his run in the G1.

Shame about Harper being in the 2B tag team. I kinda wanted him to return and team with Kevin / Sami because he is being screwed by Shane / Bryan booking.

Honestly, if Neville is done with WWE and goes to NJPW I do not want him in the Jrs. division. He is capable of way more, like he showed us this year. He should go directly to the heavy weight division. Just imagine his run in the G1.

Shame about Harper being in the 2B tag team. I kinda wanted him to return and team with Kevin / Sami because he is being screwed by Shane / Bryan booking.

Nah man JR division is legit in IWGP and much more open than the Heavyweight

Pikma

Banned
Lmao that rick & morty sauce thing sure is something. I know the word ‘cringeworthy’ gets thrown around a lot nowadays but fuck there is no better way to describe it

Neville vs Ospeay book it gedo!!!!!!

6gRCnAr.gif

Nah, like it or not it still is a glass ceiling. Why do you think ZSJ skipped it altogether?

ZSJ also wrestles a submission style and Suzuki-gun already had 3 jr heavyweights

Neville is a flyer and would ge better off against Takahasi, Ospreay, Kushida, Scurll

Nah man JR division is legit in IWGP and much more open than the Heavyweight

Nah, I never like the way NJPW books the Jrs. division. Noah does it better, one of the few things they do decent. And you can watch better cruiser weight style on other Japanese promotions like DG. Really, the Jrs. and tag division are mediocre in NJPW. Yeah, you can see great matches in Jrs. division in NJPW, but everything revolves around Kushida that it is tiresome. Year after year is the same song in the Jrs. division. Neville should go to DG or directly to NJPW heavyweight division.

Nah, like it or not it still is a glass ceiling. Why do you think ZSJ skipped it altogether?

You do not know how happy I was when I saw that SZJ skipped the Jrs. division.

Nah, I never like the way NJPW books the Jrs. division. Noah does it better, one of the few things they do decent. And you can watch better cruiser weight style on other Japanese promotions like DG. Really, the Jrs. and tag division are mediocre in NJPW. Yeah, you can see great matches in Jrs. division in NJPW, but everything revolves around Kushida that it is tiresome. Year after year is the same song in the Jrs. division. Neville should go to DG or directly to NJPW heavyweight division.

Mediocre? Hardly.

And yeah great matches... that's umm the point.

He's certainly not going to leave WWE for Dragon Gate in 2017

And the Heavyweight division is stacked in NJPW. He could move up eventually but no way should he skip the Jrs

Mediocre? Hardly.

The booking is mediocre, the matches can be amazing, but the booking nah. Just watch how they booked the division the last 5 years and how it always revolves around Kushida. They could do so much more with the talent they have. Just look at Ricochet. He's been in NJPW for years and he never won the IWGP Jr. title.

And yeah great matches... that's umm the point.

He's certainly not going to leave WWE for Dragon Gate in 2017

And the Heavyweight division is stacked in NJPW. He could move up eventually but no way should he skip the Jrs

It is never just about great matches. WWE can do that. The way they present the division is important, and for years that division is just Kushidas playground. They need to move him to the heavyweight division the let it breath. Maybe you are not tired because you just been watching for awhile.

In reality - PAC in pointless six-mans vs. CHAOS or Suzuki-Gun except for the Best of the Super Juniors or his three or four single matches a year.

But some of you want him in the Jr. division. Just look how much Devitt, Omega and Ibushi growth once they were free of the limits of the Jr. division.

Neville can face Oasprey and Himoru on the indies, if he goes to NJPW he should go directly to the main division.

In reality - PAC in pointless six-mans vs. CHAOS or Suzuki-Gun except for the Best of the Super Juniors or his three or four single matches a year.

That is why the main division should be much better for him. Just one run in the G1 to show how good he is.

And all the other indies he works

And psst, that's still at least 3 more great important matches a year than he can have in WWE

But some of you want him in the Jr. division. Just look how much Devitt, Omega and Ibushi growth once they were free of the limits of the Jr. division.

Neville can face Oasprey and Himoru on the indies, if he goes to NJPW he should go directly to the main division.

Sure, don't see why we can't have both. That's the beauty.

The booking is mediocre, the matches can be amazing, but the booking nah. Just watch how they booked the division the last 5 years and how it always revolves around Kushida. They could do so much more with the talent they have. Just look at Ricochet. He's been in NJPW for years and he never won the IWGP Jr. title.

It is never just about great matches. WWE can do that. The way they present the division is important, and for years that division is just Kushidas playground. They need to move him to the heavyweight division the let it breath. Maybe you are not tired because you just been watching for awhile.

He should start there, have a fun with that division and the belt and then move up. I'm not saying stay there.

But the guys who fit Neville's style (other than Omega and Ibushi) are in the Jr division right now.

Especially if you want Neville in one on one matches.

He should start there, have a fun with that division and the belt and then move up. I'm not saying stay there.

But the guys who fit Neville's style (other than Omega and Ibushi) are in the Jr division right now.

Especially if you want Neville in one on one matches.

But Neville is more than a high flyer, his recent run in 205 probed that. His current style is closer to what Omega, Ibushi or AJ do than what Ricochet or Oasprey do.

Hasney

Good for Neville. WWE is so frustrating to watch I can't imagine what it's like being there and stuck on the D show with no chance of upward movement despite the best heel work in the company. Get out while the indie getting is good.

Good for Neville. WWE is so frustrating to watch I can't imagine what it's like being there and stuck on the D show with no chance of upward movement despite the best heel work in the company. Get out while the indie getting is good.

Yeah, specially for Neville that upped his game like no one this year in WWE. He even become one of the best in the mic in WWE. He is 31, he could go for NJPW for 5 years and the return to WWE if he wants and ask for a better role.

And all the other indies he works

And psst, that's still at least 3 more great important matches a year than he can have in WWE

The various Neville vs. Aries matches are better than any Jr. match in New Japan this year, especially once it became a division where good characters like Hiromu become jokes that most supposed smart fans would kill the WWE for doing, but it's OK when it's Gedo.

After all, what's happened to Hiromu ever since Daryl was created is 10x worse than anything they've done to Dean as far as killing his chances to be anything more than the silly Junior guy.

Meanwhile, Neville could be main eventing Dragon Gate shows instead of being the 4th most important foreign guy on the New Japan roster.

Wait, is Neville actually gone or is this all just speculation?

He isn't gone. Apparently he requested a release and walked out on Raw. Thats all we know. Before this came out Meltzer noted it was weird that the lumberjack match was meant to be Neville vs Enzo and that Kalisto winning seemed more like what they were building to for a PPV. They probably won't release him though because they know he is valuable and will go straight to Japan.

klonere

Banned
Neville is an unprofessional mark and should be blackballed from the industry entirely.

Disgusting little worm who should be forced to work food services in the future for having the temerity to disobey the commands of management.

Like, how much of an entitled millennial can you be? No decency, no mind for compromise, no idea of hard work, just "I want all the best things all the time!". I'm sorry but this is very upsetting. I though Neville was an upstanding talent but it turns out that he's no better than Bret Hart, Steve Austin, Brock Lesnar or Shawn Michaels.

Hex

Banned
Neville is an unprofessional mark and should be blackballed from the industry entirely.

Disgusting little worm who should be forced to work food services in the future for having the temerity to disobey the commands of management.

Like, how much of an entitled millennial can you be? No decency, no mind for compromise, no idea of hard work, just "I want all the best things all the time!". I'm sorry but this is very upsetting. I though Neville was an upstanding talent but it turns out that he's no better than Bret Hart, Steve Austin, Brock Lesnar or Shawn Michaels.

DRdf2cu.gif

/NeoGAF Vince McMahon

klonere

Banned
Don't get me started on the sickos that want DBry to wrestle again.

They should focus on cheering on guys like the Hardy's, who definitely aren't completely broken down and riddled with concussions

Hasney

tenor.gif

I don't think he was serious, Hex

Heroman

Banned
The various Neville vs. Aries matches are better than any Jr. match in New Japan this year, especially once it became a division where good characters like Hiromu become jokes that most supposed smart fans would kill the WWE for doing, but it's OK when it's Gedo.

After all, what's happened to Hiromu ever since Daryl was created is 10x worse than anything they've done to Dean as far as killing his chances to be anything more than the silly Junior guy.

Meanwhile, Neville could be main eventing Dragon Gate shows instead of being the 4th most important foreign guy on the New Japan roster.

What is this?

klonere

Banned
Satire is actually dead, sincerity is the new satire.

I apologize for posting in bad faith and I definitely haven't been fantasy booking a PAC Dragon Gate return glory run.

Good for Neville. Dude put all the work in and improved massively and it still didn't matter to WWE.

Dude has all the tools right now to make a killing on the Indies and in Japan.

Marvel

could never
Well wherever he ends up if he is indeed gone, I'll tune in. I love watching Neville these days, his vicious Heel style suits him.

I hoped he'd earn a shot at the universal title and just get back into the main roster of Raw or maybe shift to SD's WWE title picture he is that good. The CW division is kinda below him.

klonere

Banned
Neville has a pretty great list of accomplishments in the Fed considering.

- Best NXT champ
- Best NXT feud
- Many amazing NXT matches, including arguably the best NXT match ever
- Best Balor match in NXT
- One of the best WHC matches (vs Rollins)
- Almost made the Amell stuff work
- Carried the CW division on his back
- Completely reworked his character
- Stepped up his promo game like crazy

Hasney

Neville has a pretty great list of accomplishments in the Fed considering.

- Best NXT champ
- Best NXT feud
- Many amazing NXT matches, including arguably the best NXT match ever
- Best Balor match in NXT
- One of the best WHC matches (vs Rollins)
- Almost made the Amell stuff work
- Carried the CW division on his back
- Completely reworked his character
- Stepped up his promo game like crazy

Also, according to Wiki

Rolling Stone
Worst Entrance Gimmick on Great New Main-Roster Wrestler (2015)

Recall

I guess in anticipation of Wrestle Kingdom 12 I watched Naito vs Okada from King of Pro Wrestling 2014, where Okada's Tokyo Dome #1 contendership was on the line.

It was a pretty good match though started quite slow as I think Okada got legit poked in the eye as it was bothering him quite a bit. It did pick up and Naito showed flashes of what he would become character wise.

I really like Naito's sudden rolling kick.

The final part of Naito looking for a sudden roll up, decided upon a victory roll yet Okada caught him before he could roll through and they stumbled towards the ropes letting Okada hit a gigantic elevated German suplex. Rainmaker of course for the finish.

Top Bottom