• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

Nekofrog

Banned
I felt like he had a ceiling, but maybe he's pushing past it with some help from big match Okada? Or maybe I've been underestimating him.

He definitely had a feeling of upper mid card guy before the g1 and specifically the okada and Omega matches. But those two guys can make anyone look like a mega star.

Still, since those matches I can never shake the feeling that when I see him in a singles match that I'm seeing someone who's gonna be special in the future. He has something.

Conversely I'm actually fairly down on sanada after initially liking him. Blank slate personality but athletic as all hell

Zach

P good album, Dato. I could see getting addicted to the jamz. We'll see if I think to give it further listens later.

Zach

At first I thought Filthsiders, but Syder. I didn't want to confuse the fanbase, brother. And Outfilthers implies that they can out-filth anyone, duuude.

But whatever. Filthsiders is fine, too. Heh.

Sephzilla

Ahhhhhh okay, in that sense Outfilthers works a lot better. Good job on making sure the marketing didn't confuse the fanbase. Now get on that philanthropy push, I hear it's the future of marketing

Apparently, one of the reasons why The Rock was released from the WWE in 2005, was one of two options:

1. A certain wrestler who's starring movies did the worst opposite from The Rock, politicked his ouster.

2. A "clerical error" from Johnny Ace in regards to not updating The Rock's contract.

I'm starting to hate 3H more and more, that I'm thinking of referring him by his original name when I first started posting here.
Number two is the story I remember and the one even the Rock told.
It's Gif with a hard 'G', like Graphics.

20 years on, I'm going to make sure GWF Starrcade '17 ends the correct way this time.
How do you pronounce SCUBA?
So..................................

......................vince discovered furries................

m2vNthY.png

http://shop.wwe.com/alicia-fox-crazy-like-a-fox-authentic-t-shirt/QA1001.html

Hot.

Coincidentally...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ntj7tNZxAvs

So

Owens was on the E&C podcast

I know some of you will find this difficult to believe because it doesn't fit the "money's all that matters" narrative, but yet another indy guy who came to WWE thinking great things were in store was quickly disappointed

Kevin Owens thought being the Universal champion would be the pinnacle of his WWE run but said it didn't turn out the way he wanted to be and didn't make him feel like a top guy at all

He said his feud with Jericho helped him to get to that top guy level but again felt like things got flat for him towards the end and throughout his Smackdown run until the Shane feud happened

Kevin admits he didn't enjoy the series of matches with AJ styles. "I wasn't putting out my best stuff in that feud"

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So

Owens was on the E&C podcast

I know some of you will find this difficult to believe because it doesn't fit the "money's all that matters" narrative, but yet another indy guy who came to WWE thinking great things were in store was quickly disappointed

His absolute best stuff...was with Big Match John.

Off the top of my head we now have Bayley, Sasha, Neville, Aries, and Owens all publicly disappointed with their main roster runs within the last calendar year, and that's only the ones I can remember. Guarantee I'm missing at least a few more

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Off the top of my head we now have Bayley, Sasha, Neville, Aries, and Owens all publicly disappointed with their main roster runs within the last calendar year, and that's only the ones I can remember. Guarantee I'm missing at least a few more

I guess no one has bothered to interview American Alpha or a bunch of others.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
imagine that, Owens' best feud on the main roster happened to be with their biggest star. such shock that he didn't continue that same caliber of matches and stories

Sephzilla

imagine that, Owen's best work on the main roster happened to be with the wrestler who gets the most focus and attention from creative & Vince

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
imagine that, Owen's best work in the company happened to be with their the wrestler who gets the most focus and attention from creative

I think that role goes to Bray Wyatt

they're doing imaginative things

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Nakamura's best matches...were with Big Match John.
AJ Styles best matches...were with Big Match John.

I could go on. The list is pretty conclusive. WWE is going to be fucked if his Hollywood career takes off.

Foggy

Kevin Owens thought being the Universal champion would be the pinnacle of his WWE run but said it didn't turn out the way he wanted to be and didn't make him feel like a top guy at all

A friend of mine is still convinced there's going to be a payoff regarding Trips inexplicably helpimg KO win the title

Top Bottom