• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

You can be in whatever weight class division you want when you're jobbing on the pre-show

Ricochet (like Cole and Finn) has been pursued for a while now, so he might be offered the same level of protection.

And yeah, I know Finn is still subject to dumb writing and feuds (as everyone is), but he's generally protected.

The great thing is I'm sure Ricochet will break out from the others because of his athleticism

I mean it's not like there's anyone talented and athletic on 205 Live

Maybe he can do the Rock thing, that will get him over

So Neville couldn't be on the main roster but Ricochet for sure is safe from 205 Live

Right

I guess he can get his turn with the NXT Title when Drew is brought up

One Winged Meltzer

tlqKgcr.gif

Ricochet's offense is flips and they've now moved all of the flip guys to 205

It's not about flips. It's about who they think can draw.

They think Finn can. They don't think that about anyone they are using on 205 Live except maybe Enzo.

Dave said a few weeks ago that "flips" isn't the booking philosophy behind 205 Live anymore.

Really, this whole argument is probably pointless because Ricochet is at least a year and a half away from the main roster. The CW division probably won't even exist at that point given the direction it's going.

But I did have this same argument a year ago when people were convinced that Finn was going to be brought back from injury as a CW.

Hex

Banned
Part of the reporting around why Ricochet (and O'Reilly) signed with WWE over NJPW is that NJPW doesn't like to push guys out of the junior division. It's the same reason why Neville would be placed there if he went. Well, Ricochet basically confirmed all that himself today.

https://twitter.com/KingRicochet/status/918941321741692928

He also basically confirms he's done with NJPW in a later tweet.

Weird.
I have heard that Hiromu would be moving out of junior soon

Syder

Ricochet has similar "smark value" to what Prince Devitt had, and it's why you probably won't see Adam Cole on 205 LIVE.

That's always kind of evaded Neville; people like Neville especially his most recent run but no one really thought he was 'cool' before 205 LIVE.

Weird.
I have heard that Hiromu would be moving out of junior soon
Takahashi is a homegrown talent

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The difference between Hiromu and O'reilly is Hiromu has potential to be a megastar. Ignoring dumbass storylines, he's a great wrestler with a good look and a ton of charisma

Like if Oreilly realy thinks he's going to fit into NJPW's crowded IWGP scene, he's got another ting coming. Same for ricochet.

Syder

Smaller Gaijin, especially ones that don't fully sign up with the company and integrate (learn the language), are always going to struggle to get non-junior pushes, let alone Main Event pushes.

New Japan doesn't have the same boner WWE does for big guys (Tanahashi is 5' 1'', for example) but non-Japanese wrestlers have to be extra special (AJ Styles, Kenny Omega) to get significant pushes.

Hex

Banned
The second Ricochet opens his mouth, the honeymoon will be over. He'll be preshow 4 life.

Usually I am right there with you, but on this one I have to disagree.
AJ is crap on the mic, Hardees are crap on the mic. Many in the light of the WWE right now are shit on the mic.
He will be fine.

The difference between Hiromu and O'reilly is Hiromu has potential to be a megastar. Ignoring dumbass storylines, he's a great wrestler with a good look and a ton of charisma

Like if Oreilly realy thinks he's going to fit into NJPW's crowded IWGP scene, he's got another ting coming. Same for ricochet.

I like Hiromu a lot. More than either of those guys. But he would be incredibly small for the heavyweight division. Ishii is the smallest guy there, and even he has the weight and moveset for it to work.

Egg0

Banned
The second Ricochet opens his mouth, the honeymoon will be over. He'll be preshow 4 life.

I hope NXT does him some good in the promo department, because you’re right.

I haven’t heard Lio Rush speak yet, but I have a feeling he’s not good.

The storyline with Raven finally revealing he is rich is great. Going to the bank and getting cash then driving off in his fancy car with Kanyon.

Part of the reporting around why Ricochet (and O'Reilly) signed with WWE over NJPW is that NJPW doesn't like to push guys out of the junior division. It's the same reason why Neville would be placed there if he went. Well, Ricochet basically confirmed all that himself today.

https://twitter.com/KingRicochet/status/918941321741692928

He also basically confirms he's done with NJPW in a later tweet.

Yeah, the jr. division would be poison for someone like Neville. If he wants to show his worth, he needs to ask to be in the heavyweight division.

Also Kushida is going to be involved in the IWGP Jrs. match at WK, the only way he is going to be out is if he is added to a Jr. tag or goes for the trios title.

Foggy

Usually I am right there with you, but on this one I have to disagree.
AJ is crap on the mic, Hardees are crap on the mic. Many in the light of the WWE right now are shit on the mic.
He will be fine.

Homeboy has zero command to his delivery. If those guys are crap then he's whatever is below crap. He's Zach on the mic.

Egg0

Banned
Worse comes to worse, put a mask on him and have him speak in growls. Call him Prince Panther and call it a day.

So how do they get out of that without beating either guy?

Or are they going to have Jinder squashed so Vince can firmly establish SD as the b show?

Top Bottom