• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

Just heard the news, been disconnected from all things wrassling this past few weeks.

Can anyone explain what the hell is up with the TLC card?

Omg, I am suddenly hyped AF for a WWE ppv in 2017. Who woulda thought...

Seeing Kurt wrestle again will be amazing though it'll also be nerve-wracking as it's pretty risky to put him in a tlc match.

AJ vs. Finn is the biggest upgrade from Finn/Wyatt imaginable.

all of my wwe 'watching' is from this thread these days

its sort of absorbed by proxy rather than intentionally

Same here, it's quite unavoidable - a sort of cultural osmosis, like that big TV series everyone's talking about. You don't give a shit, but you end up knowing a bunch of stuff about it anyways.

> Kurt Angle returns
> TLC match

UqoibX5.gif

they should probably shift the main event around a bit at this point.

Ambrose and Rollins vs The Bar in a TLC match

Angle vs Miz for the IC title, potentially ladder match

Kane vs Stroman in a novelty chairs match for no reason other than HOSS WAR.

then a later Raw can deliver the big punch up so there's actually a reason to watch one week
You mean The Big Red Machine Kane vs Big Red Erick Rowan

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
lmfao they're desperate as fuck throwing in AJ and Angle just like that

I mean, they probably should be right? The shield reunion was literally what the PPV was marketed as.

Now it's going to be marketed as "holy shit kurt angle is wrestling" which is....pretty good.

Ithil

"We can't have an Olympic gold medalist die on our show, no way can Kurt return"

"Roman has a tummy ache put Angle in the TLC match!"

Oersted

Guys, they say you asked for this

The showdown between “The Demon” and Styles is one that the WWE Universe has been wanting for a long time and promises to be one of the most exciting matches of 2017.

Did you ask for this?

Rimfya

Banned
AJ/Finn is another confirmation that they know exactly the feuds and matches we want to see but instead we get Abigail vs Pumpkin and Corbin vs ??? week after week.

Egg0

Banned
I mean, they probably should be right? The shield reunion was literally what the PPV was marketed as.

Now it's going to be marketed as "holy shit kurt angle is wrestling" which is....pretty good.

They also get another shot at The Shield's return match at another PPV.

SilentMike03

Neo Member
Guys, they say you asked for this

Did you ask for this?

Abso-fucking-lutely.

It specifically mentions Finn being in Demon form, so AJ is going to be counting those lights. I guess you could always play it for AJ as him being a last minute addition and not being able to prepare properly.

Without a feud or a title this is a waste i hate exhibition matches. Wrestling needs booking.
It will feel like two guys trying to entertain a crowd without a feud.

Like I said, it's possible they were planning to do this at Survivor Series and moved it up. What with the whole "brand vs. brand" aspect of it. Seems pretty random otherwise. So maybe we get two matches out of it.

cordy

Banned
Imagine going back to work the next day after your employees whip your ass on a ppv. In kayfabe Angle can't do shit to em.

Top Bottom