• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

Syder

I'd just like to remind everyone that one of my favourite Mania matches of all time (Angle v Benoit @ WM X7) had ZERO build and the only significance to the angle was

"I'm the best wrassleman"
"No, me"
"I made you tap"
"let's fight, fucker"

"I'm the best" is a time-tested wrestling angle.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's a face-face match anyways, I don't know how the build would even work unless they did Bullet Club stuff. I won't be surprised if there's shenanigans involved with Anderson and Gallows though given that AJ and Finn are both main eventers who are reasonably protected.

I mean, AJ is losing the match, I just don't know that he's going to do the job clean when it very much looks like he's taking the title off of Jinder Mahal.

Toki767

I like how they don't even try to act like Angle and Bryan had to come up with a deal to have Styles face Balor on Sunday to remotely make it feel like there are two brands.

I'd just like to remind everyone that one of my favourite Mania matches of all time (Angle v Benoit @ WM X7) had ZERO build and the only significance to the angle was

"No, me"
"I made you tap"
"let's fight, fucker"

That sounds like a build.

Meltzer confirmed the mass exodus isn't real in the newsletter this week.

The Bix piece is more of an opinion thing. And while I'm not a fan of Bix, his interpretation is a valid one. As is Meltzer's. Now, I trust Meltzer would know more about who is thinking what and what the general mindset is, so I think his interpretation of the situation is the right one, but at the end of the day both are speculating.

Nekofrog

Banned

"No, me"
"I made you tap"
"let's fight, fucker"

Only when it's actually really really two of the best.

Finn's not one of the best but he is great enough to have motn easily if AJ isn't too under the weather to give the other half of the performance required for a stellar match

It's a face-face match anyways, I don't know how the build would even work unless they did Bullet Club stuff. I won't be surprised if there's shenanigans involved with Anderson and Gallows though given that AJ and Finn are both main eventers who are reasonably protected.

I mean, AJ is losing the match, I just don't know that he's going to do the job clean when it very much looks like he's taking the title off of Jinder Mahal.

Dude did a clean job to Baron Corbin a week ago.

How good was Stunning Steve, though? Especially during his last two or so WCW years. Incredible!

Pretty good. Vader looking pretty solid in 94 too.

The Bix piece is more of an opinion thing. And while I'm not a fan of Bix, his interpretation is a valid one. As is Meltzer's. Now, I trust Meltzer would know more about who is thinking what and what the general mindset is, so I think his interpretation of the situation is the right one, but at the end of the day both are speculating.

What’s wrong with Bix?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The angle is that AJ is the best wrestler in the world and Finn has abs you could grate cheese on

AJ vs Finn would probably be awesome. AJ vs The Demon is going to be super lame. I mean, they should just tell everyone The Demon has meningitis too, so it'll just be Finn wrestling instead.

Colocho

Banned
I'm so fucking pissed that Owens and Styles are missing the house shows in Chile. I understand KO has his reasons, but taking out AJ to fill a match that no one even cared about is bullshit. Put Balor on the TLC match and save Kurt for a bigger return.

I think they're sending Mojo Rawley as a replacement, that's just laughing and spitting in our face.

I'm so fucking pissed that Owens and Styles are missing the house shows in Chile. I understand KO has his reasons, but taking out AJ to fill a match that no one even cared about is bullshit. Put Balor on the TLC match and save Kurt for a bigger return.

I think they're sending Mojo Rawley as a replacement, that's just laughing and spitting in our face.

I'm really sorry to hear that, that's pretty shit of them

He did, but there was a good reason for it. I don't think AJ is even vaguely close to being buried.

Not buried, but they're obviously not afraid to beat him clean.

What's wrong with Bix?

Just think he's kinda sensationalist sometimes. And in general he's kind of prick online.

Like when he said Southpaw was disrespectful and it was just Vince shitting all over the territory days again.

Angry Grimace

Just think he's kinda sensationalist sometimes. And in general he's kind of prick online.

Like when he said Southpaw was disrespectful and it was just Vince shitting all over the territory days again.

John Cena still has more clean losses on SmackDown Live than AJ Styles does!

John Cena still has more clean losses on SmackDown Live than AJ Styles does!

Look, all I'm saying is that if they are will to have him lose clean to Corbin (who just lost to Sin Cara), then they are probably also willing to have him lose to Finn.

AJ vs Finn would probably be awesome. AJ vs The Demon is going to be super lame. I mean, they should just tell everyone The Demon has meningitis too, so it'll just be Finn wrestling instead.

The Demon is just Finn with paint and a fancier entrance. The match will be the same as it would have been otherwise.

gaiadyne

Honestly this would have made a lot more sense. Sorry your show got Mojo'd

Seems like a sensationalized reason to hate him, over his views or Southpaw (which I agree was kind of dumb).

Syder

I'm so fucking pissed that Owens and Styles are missing the house shows in Chile. I understand KO has his reasons, but taking out AJ to fill a match that no one even cared about is bullshit.
Apparently, AJ was sick too but I guess he's decided he's well enough to wrestle on Sunday
wtzgU.gif

Nekofrog

Banned

I think they're sending Mojo Rawley as a replacement,
that's just laughing and spitting in our face.

Holy crap my condolences

Pikma

Banned

"Card subject to change"

Egg0

Banned
The Demon is just Finn with paint and a fancier entrance. The match will be the same as it would have been otherwise.

I mean realistically yea, it doesn’t matter which Finn shows up because it won’t affect the match.

I’d just like Stripper Finn vs. AJ. Then we can get Demon Finn later on for their possible Survivor Series match.

Angry Grimace

Look, all I'm saying is that if they are will to have him lose clean to Corbin (who just lost to Sin Cara), then they are probably also willing to have him lose to Finn.

I mean Finn is winning the match. I just wouldn't be surprised if they do something goofy instead of beating AJ clean since they put him in the WWE Championship title picture (and in all likliehood he's winning it at the Rumble).

Apparently, AJ was sick too but I guess he's decided he's well enough to wrestle on Sunday
wtzgU.gif

He just had a minor stomach bug, not the mumps.

I mean Finn is winning the match. I just wouldn't be surprised if they do something goofy instead of beating AJ clean since they put him in the WWE Championship title picture (and in all likliehood he's winning it at the Rumble).

Not at all a safe assumption.

Right? Notice how I said not shit?

The PPV might be better but it still won't be good.

I disagree. Take out that weak link. Now that goes from a bad match to a good match. Asuka and Emma will probably be good. The TLC match will be good, irrelevant of what Kurt does or doesn't do. If three out of six matches on the main card are good or better, that's a good show. Even the CW tag match should be good, despite it not having much heat. Mickie/Alexa could even be alright given Mickie's history.

I disagree. Take out that weak link. Now that goes from a bad match to a good match. Asuka and Emma will probably be good. The TLC match will be good, irrelevant of what Kurt does or doesn't do. If three out of six matches on the main card are good or better, that's a good show. Even the CW tag match should be good, despite it not having much heat.
Asuka/Emma is going to be a squash fam

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Angle about to work a TLC match. His brain is mashed potatoes at this point. I'm sure that makes Bryan feel good.

I never watched Angle have a seizure, though. So it's tough to say.

Bray Wyatt stars in "I thought I was getting possessed but it was just Meningitis"

What if after being sick, the next time he comes to the ring looking 100% normal and says something like "WWE Universe. I've been very sick, but I feel better now." and never does a scary thing again.

I mean, yes, technically. But kayfabe Demon has got no beef with AJ. I know asking the writers in WWE for any sort of coherency is a tall ask, but it'd be nice for them to acknowledge these things some times.

I also hope this means the remnants of the Shield don't go over as well. Honestly, the idea that they would take their top heel in the Miz, one of their best recent successes in Braun, two incredibly reliable workers in Cesaro and Shamus, and a return of Kane and feed them to a temporary reunion act would be pretty sad.

What if after being sick, the next time he comes to the ring looking 100% normal and says something like "WWE Universe. I've been very sick, but I feel better now." and never does a scary thing again.

I'd be dumb, but with the way they've handled Bray Wyatt over the years he's a dead-end character. They have consistently done bad by Bray the same way they've done bad by Rusev.

I'd be hype for a match like her later competitive NXT stuff

But it's Emma, on PPV, in 2017

It ain't right

She had a match with Emma like three months into her NXT run that was awesome. I wouldn't put it past them to give them like 10-12 minutes just because this PPV is so barren. They only got six matches and you know the CW stuff isn't going very long, neither of them.

Top Bottom