• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I disagree. Take out that weak link. Now that goes from a bad match to a good match. Asuka and Emma will probably be good. The TLC match will be good, irrelevant of what Kurt does or doesn't do. If three out of six matches on the main card are good or better, that's a good show. Even the CW tag match should be good, despite it not having much heat. Mickie/Alexa could even be alright given Mickie's history.
I still don't have high hopes. I hope I'm wrong though.

I wonder what the long term ramifications are for Bray. I have to imagine they keep him off TV for a while to let the whole Abigail thing fade.

If they were smart they'd keep him away for a few months and then bring him back as a face but I don't expect WWE to even explore that possibility.

Kurita

ZvHj1nml.jpg

jim-ross-8.jpg

“Yep, that’s Bushi alright.”
What is Greek Triumphs doing in the New Japan Zone

Anth0ny

i'm honestly curious why they felt like they needed to put in angle and styles of all people

they're treating this like it's wrestlemania weekend and roman can't work the main event

it's the friday before a fucking c-tier ppv, there's no tv left and you've been dealt a really shitty hand, you don't have to try and pop a ppv buyrate anymore because of the network, why not just work the "against all odds" angle and make the tlc match a 2 on 5, and then do some weird cgi fuckery that causes sister abagail to attack finn balor backstage, causing the match to not happen.

like the fact that vince must have lost his shit and felt he needed these crazy last minute replacements for this show is a hilarious visual

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Asuka/Emma is going to be a squash fam

That's not really true. She's had a lot of matches where she spent the whole match selling for some reason.

i'm honestly curious why they felt like they needed to put in angle and styles of all people

they're treating this like it's wrestlemania weekend and roman can't work the main event

it's the friday before a fucking c-tier ppv, there's no tv left and you've been dealt a really shitty hand, you don't have to try and pop a ppv buyrate anymore because of the network, why not just work the "against all odds" angle and make the tlc match a 2 on 5, and then do some weird cgi fuckery that causes sister abagail to attack finn balor backstage, causing the match to not happen.

like the fact that vince must have lost his shit and felt he needed these crazy last minute replacements for this show is a hilarious visual

Technically Bray Wyatt was never on the card! They could have just randomly had someone else show up as "Sister Abigail." Like Killian Dain just walks in and is like "hi I'm Sister Abigail now."

The actual answer is that the fans at the event would probably riot if instead of a Shield reunion it was just a random tag match with Finn, Seth and Dean. The crowd will pop pretty huge for Angle wrestling.

Finn has also wrestled Bryan way back when. In a tournament for the NWA Title no less. lol

Also how does Angle get cleared but not Bryan lol

It's all about optics. Angle is a returning legend and most of his stuff happened in a place no one was watching. Bryan was very public with his health issues and the fact that it forced him to retire.

They see Angle as acceptable from a PR risk perspective. They don't see Bryan that way. Not yet, anyways. I would not be surprised if they change their tune before his contract expires.

Nekofrog

Banned
I wonder what the long term ramifications are for Bray. I have to imagine they keep him off TV for a while to let the whole Abigail thing fade.

If they were smart they'd keep him away for a few months and then bring him back as a face but I don't expect WWE to even explore that possibility.

He needs repackaged. The Bray Wyatt character has been distilled down into meandering promos and is bogged down by boring teleportation. I hate dreadlock King of hobos Bray now. I want a complete retool if the character but I know that's hoping for too much.

That's not really true. She's had a lot of matches where she spent the whole match selling for some reason.
During a long undefeated streak where people got closer and closer to beating her

She's now been brought up undefeated, after weeks of video montages saying "this person is a big deal, and is dangerous", against main roster Emma in 2017. #squash

During a long undefeated streak where people got closer and closer to beating her

She's now been brought up undefeated, after weeks of video montages saying "this person is a big deal, and is dangerous", against main roster Emma in 2017. #squash

That's not true. She had a competitive match with Emma three months after debuted in NXT. Way early in her streak.

Not saying this won't be a squash, but it's not a given. Even though it probably should be.

That's not true. She had a competitive match with Emma three months after debuted in NXT. Way early in her streak.
Was that their first encounter?

I remember her debuting against Dana and fighting Emma shortly after, though a lot of that was catching up on the network so my timeline is off

Idk I'm so used to Emma being used like garbage on the main roster that I have no hope. Having someone the product has told you is a nobody look good against the big bad you've been building is starting her off to look weak

Anth0ny

Technically Bray Wyatt was never on the card! They could have just randomly had someone else show up as "Sister Abigail." Like Killian Dain just walks in and is like "hi I'm Sister Abigail now."

The actual answer is that the fans at the event would probably riot if instead of a Shield reunion it was just a random tag match with Finn, Seth and Dean. The crowd will pop pretty huge for Angle wrestling.

right, so it's all to appease the 6000 or so live in attendance. seems insane to bring angle of all people back for that.

Was that their first encounter?

I remember her debuting against Dana and fighting Emma shortly after, though a lot of that was catching up on the network so my timeline is off

Idk I'm so used to Emma being used like garbage on the main roster that I have no hope. Having someone the product has told you is a nobody look good against the big bad you've been building is starting her off to look weak

I agree. I'm just saying the idea that it's not a three minute squash is not out of the question.

right, so it's all to appease the 6000 or so live in attendance. seems insane to bring angle of all people back for that.

The truth is probably that Angle was coming back at SS to team with the Shield anyways and they decided to move it up to Sunday.

I really hope we get a whole bunch of goofy shenanigans and backstage happenings to justify the changes. Could be terrific fun.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think the last one was like 15,500 in fake WWE numbers so probably more like 11,000.

All I'm saying is Seth, Dean and some guy vs. some guys is basically a random tag match from any episode of Raw and not something you can seriously main event a PPV with. It's already shaky as fuck given that they're dumb and put the title on the guy they literally cannot afford to have defend it at most PPVs.

Watching Sunday for Asuka, but they should have kept Angle's involvement in the match a secret until the match itself.

They're probably up several thousand subs already so I don't know why they'd do that.

SilentMike03

Neo Member
I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled some ultimate carny shit and suddenly decided Bryan was cleared to wrestle a month or two before his contract is up in order to get him to stay.

Angry Grimace

I'd rather see Bryan back in the ring over Kurt. Kurt actually seems like he has CTE, dude just seems out of it all the time.

somedevil

I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled some ultimate carny shit and suddenly decided Bryan was cleared to wrestle a month or two before his contract is up in order to get him to stay.

Basically everyone knows the only way WWE can keep Bryan from leaving in September is letting him wrestle again.

So they still have 10 months to decide if they want to keep him or not.

That's exactly what they will probably do.

He resigns and then they pull the same thing again

Nah, he'll get some sort of contractual assurance of that. Like he'd have to be deemed unfit by an independent doctor, not WWE's.

Top Bottom