• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean, the reason having heat isn't making a difference in Enzo's push is that Enzo is so much better than everyone else on the mic they can't justify burying him. It's not like Cass where nobody cares.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
In fairness, Kalisto did once do this

CIua3yt.gif

Angry Grimace

Is Gulak supposed to look like a miniature version of JBL

Drew Gulak for a Better 205 Live.

Drew Gulak a grounded 205 Live is a well rounded 205 Live

Drew Gulak 205 Live from up high just won't fly.

Pikma

Banned
From what I've seen of Kalisto's pre-WWE days, the guy is pretty damn talented, it's just that WWE is garbage and treats masked wrestlers like shit. They love booking people in such a way that exposes their weaknesses

For examples of this see: Lucha Things promo, Andrade Cien Almas first months in NXT, Metalik's run

Zach

Shut your ugly mouth, Biggest-Geek-Ever!

The Starrcade '97 intro takes me back, man. I remember being so excited. It's finally here, I thought. Sting is going to f this mother up.

And then... v_v

Shut your ugly mouth, Biggest-Geek-Ever!

The Starrcade '97 intro takes me back, man. I remember being so excited. It's finally here, I thought. Sting is going to f this mother up.

And then... v_v

Its so weird how that Monday Night Wars thing WWE put out doesnt mention the fuckery that went on there. They have Dusty there saying "it was going to be a good end to the movie where the good guy wins" but uh, it didnt exactly happen that way.

WWE is so weird and controlling and loves to rewrite history. I wonder if they are such marks for themselves they believe their own shit. Like does HHH really believe DX "invading" WCW was some massive game changing moment they present it as?

Its so weird how that Monday Night Wars thing WWE put out doesnt mention the fuckery that went on there. They have Dusty there saying "it was going to be a good end to the movie where the good guy wins" but uh, it didnt exactly happen that way.

WWE is so weird and controlling and loves to rewrite history. I wonder if they are such marks for themselves they believe their own shit. Like does HHH really believe DX "invading" WCW was some massive game changing moment they present it as?
Yes, he does.

Angry Grimace

When McIntyre came out a couple weeks back in jeans and no shirt he just looked like the cover of a cheesy romance novel. I have no idea how they haven't thrown him back on the main roster already. Looks like Vince material.

bNhZVMG.png

Totally. He MIGHT be at the point in his life where when he's alone, and not around anyone else, deep down he starts to wonder whether the DX invasion wasn't that big of a deal. Then he laughs that off and watches his WrestleMania 19 match against Booker T for the 500th time.

Angry Grimace

Best thing that happened happened today was seeing Nigel actually show up again because he's great. Was seriously wondering where he went, it was radio silence.

Ultima Lucha Tres Parte Dos is tomorrow night! Here are the matches

Ivelisse vs Catrina. This match is really fucking weird because it got made real early in the season, then Ivelisse got injured and hasn't been seen since, which is about... a year plus in real time. It'll be nice to see Ivelisse again, but this is still a weird match with no recent build

Battle Royale for a Unique Opportunity The last Ultima Lucha had one of these, which Son of Havoc won. He had a chance to either pick a ton of cash, or compete against a mystery opponent for a chance to main event Ultima Lucha Tres. He chose the latter, then had to wrestle this guy.

Naturally he lost in heartbreaking fashion.

Not sure what's going to happen in this year's match. This is the big "everybody gets a paycheck (but not really because loluchaundergroundcontracts)" match, and PIMPI IS BACK BABY

Marty the Moth vs Fenix in a hair vs mask match. This match has been being built up for a few months now. I'm hoping for an excellent payoff even though the outcome seems pretty obvious. Marty is such a damn great character, and has gone from "goofy weirdo" to legit psychopath over the course of the season and it has been fantastic.

Ultima Lucha Tres Parte Dos is tomorrow night! Here are the matches

Ivelisse vs Catrina. This match is really fucking weird because it got made real early in the season, then Ivelisse got injured and hasn't been seen since, which is about... a year plus in real time. It'll be nice to see Ivelisse again, but this is still a weird match with no recent build

Battle Royale for a Unique Opportunity The last Ultima Lucha had one of these, which Son of Havoc won. He had a chance to either pick a ton of cash, or compete against a mystery opponent for a chance to main event Ultima Lucha Tres. He chose the latter, then had to wrestle this guy.

Naturally he lost in heartbreaking fashion.

Not sure what's going to happen in this year's match. This is the big "everybody gets a paycheck (but not really because loluchaundergroundcontracts)" match, and PIMPI IS BACK BABY

http://i.imgur.com/76g6qkl.gif[/IM]

[B]Marty the Moth vs Fenix in a hair vs mask match. [/B] This match has been being built up for a few months now. I'm hoping for an excellent payoff even though the outcome seems pretty obvious. Marty is such a damn great character, and has gone from "goofy weirdo" to legit psychopath over the course of the season and it has been fantastic.

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/75WH4Ry.gif[/IG][/QUOTE]
I am so fucking in. Catching the delay tho.

Hex

Banned
You people are going to make me pay $59.99 to play WWE 2K18 later aren't you.
Rotten.

I was tempted for a bit, but then looked at the stack of games I have to get to still.
That plus every penny counts right now says uh uh.

I watched the Ultima Lucha Tres Part 1 last week. That Dante Fox vs Killshot match was just insane.

The season has been so goddamn long I might have forgotten another match, but I think that's easily the best match of the season so far. An insane match with a lot of crazy moments, yet still stuck to the story they were telling.

Angry Grimace

They started feuding with AoP and then got their ass kicked post title win byO'iReilly and Fish.

They were babyface going into the match. They just turned face at some point in between then. They worked that match as faces and did so from the build to the match itself.

Angry Grimace

Yeah when they started feuding with AoP ... which is what I said.

The ass kicking solidified it.

I guess I read that as after they got hit by FIsh/O'Reilly. Yeah, it just seems weird that they moved onto a new feud and were face without some specific event. I mean, it's fine the crowd wants to cheer the stable, might as well make them face, it just bugs me when turns happen basically off screen.

I mean, it's different when Roode shows up on the main roster babyface because at least you can justify it because he moved from brand to brand.

Top Bottom