• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

I guess I read that as after they got hit by FIsh/O'Reilly. Yeah, it just seems weird that they moved onto a new feud and were face without some specific event. I mean, it's fine the crowd wants to cheer the stable, might as well make them face, it just bugs me when turns happen basically off screen.

I mean, it's different when Roode shows up on the main roster babyface because at least you can justify it because he moved from brand to brand.

What happened is they were supposed to be the heels against AoP but the crowd cheered them over AoP so they just ran with it.

Hex

Banned
I really hope that this is the end of Wyatt.
After the match or Monday night he comes out and is asks WTF he was doing and gets repackaged.
Hell Bo may be free now

Hulk+Hogan+decapitated+head.gif

Sting+ziplines+into+ring.gif

The Nitro before Starrcade '97 was fittingly lame. v_v

I was laughing so hard when I saw this again during my WCW Nitro/PPV viewing.

The copyright coming up right before Sting comes into hahahaha.

Speaking of my viewing. I'm at the Nitro before Starrcade '98.

The season has been so goddamn long I might have forgotten another match, but I think that's easily the best match of the season so far. An insane match with a lot of crazy moments, yet still stuck to the story they were telling.
This season has been great.

Dante/Killshot & Mack vs Mundo ironman match is my top 2 matches so far for this season

Adree

Ultima Lucha Tres Parte Dos is tomorrow night! Here are the matches

Ivelisse vs Catrina. This match is really fucking weird because it got made real early in the season, then Ivelisse got injured and hasn't been seen since, which is about... a year plus in real time. It'll be nice to see Ivelisse again, but this is still a weird match with no recent build

Battle Royale for a Unique Opportunity The last Ultima Lucha had one of these, which Son of Havoc won. He had a chance to either pick a ton of cash, or compete against a mystery opponent for a chance to main event Ultima Lucha Tres. He chose the latter, then had to wrestle this guy.

Naturally he lost in heartbreaking fashion.

Not sure what's going to happen in this year's match. This is the big "everybody gets a paycheck (but not really because loluchaundergroundcontracts)" match, and PIMPI IS BACK BABY

Marty the Moth vs Fenix in a hair vs mask match. This match has been being built up for a few months now. I'm hoping for an excellent payoff even though the outcome seems pretty obvious. Marty is such a damn great character, and has gone from "goofy weirdo" to legit psychopath over the course of the season and it has been fantastic.

Fuck homophobic Ivelisse.

Pikma

Banned
Let the homophobic jokes about Bray dressing like his sister come

keep in mind the rumor didn't even mention anything about him actually dressing like a woman

Bray needs to get the fuck out of WWE. For someone as philosophical as he is irl, I can't help wonder why he sticks around

We should absolutely not paint Wyatt as one of these guys that would thrive outside of WWE. He most likely wouldn't unless he ended up with some place like LU. That big flash and style is 99% of why he is over or works at all. Take that away and he's just Husky Harris again.

They just need to go with him and book him strong. No more Michael Hayes House of Horrors worm projector bullshit. He really cant afford to job another feud at this point.

They just need to go with him and book him strong. No more Michael Hayes House of Horrors worm projector bullshit. He really cant afford to job another feud at this point.

He's gonna job pretty much every feud he has. It's the curse of being a good talker in WWE. They think they can beat you endlessly and you will talk your way back into your heat.

I listened to Rosemary's interview on Lance Storm's podcast. Of course, she commented on Sexy Star for being unprofessional and not taking responsibility for her actions.

Hasney

Oh wow, just read about that Warrior cancer charity thing. Let's not forget about what Warrior said about Bobby Heenan when he heard Heenan had cancer.

DLQceZeXkAAYMti.jpg:large

He's gonna job pretty much every feud he has. It's the curse of being a good talker in WWE. They think they can beat you endlessly and you will talk your way back into your heat.

It just gets annoying and tiring to see because guys like Bray, Rusev etc., the people they have largely developed themselves could be big stars, but the stupid booking just keeps ruining them. I am sure they are doing the best they can with what they are given too.

edit- Fuck Warrior. What an utter cunt.

The spooky shit is actually fine, the problem is it never amounts to anything.

The projector was a different approach at Mania but it had literally zero impact on the result.

House of Horrors had zero spooky bullshit, the biggest threat was a fridge.... and Orton got back to the arena first so none of it mattered.

The problem isn't the spooky bullshit... the problem is they only go half way with the spooky bullshit and none of it ever ends up mattering....

That's why his feud with Orton was so fucking bad.Every week they had spooky bullshit that teased something bigger, Wyatt proclaimed he had ingested the ashes and was more powerful than be before, then he had a foam crucix that did nothing, then somehow Orton ended up with it and he made the ground catch fire which did nothing, then projectors at Mania which did nothing. That's the problem, the spooky bullshit is never allowed to do anything.

Hasney

Seen on Reddit, the odd relationship between wrestling and food. It's a pretty good read

The really big names – Hulk Hogan, ‘Stone Cold' Steve Austin, Randy Savage – all incorporated some variety of food or beverage endorsement into their gargantuan merchandise offerings. Occasional wife-beater and camouflage enthusiast Steve Austin put his name to a surprisingly drinkable craft beer called Broken Skull IPA. Velvet voiced domestic abuser Randy Savage had one of the best paid and highest profile gigs as the face of Slim Jim, a kind of heavily processed kabanos you can eat in between workouts, or in your underwear watching Homes Under the Hammer. The big daddy of them all (not to be confused with the British Big Daddy, who flogged Thatcherism and Daddies sauce ketchup) was Hulk Hogan, now best known for his unique combination of racist outbursts and sex tapes, who once upon a time was in the running to be the face of what is now known as the George Foreman Grill. Hulk claimed to have foolishly turned down the endorsement and vowing never to miss a golden opportunity like the Foreman Grill again ended up hawking a deeply inferior food processor known as the ‘Thunder Mixer'. The blenders (which had a tendency to break around the third or fourth time they were used) failed to capture the public's imagination in quite the same way as the lean mean fat reducing grilling machine, never making it to the iconic #banter status of being used in a university lecture for Facebook likes.

Can any chef maintain the same level of incredulous sneering of Gordon Ramsay day in day out, or is it as the wrestlers would say in fact kayfabe? Is it any wonder that in August 2017 television cooking's very own Bad Boy™ Anthony Bourdain made the ultimate heel turn and joined a wrestling stable? Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives host Guy Fieri resembles a late 90s wrestler so much there exists a whole community of wrestling fans on YouTube devoted to creating likenesses of him in WWE games – Guy Fieri takes Sin Cara to Flavor Town being the Citizen Kane of the genre.

http://contemporaryfoodlab.com/hung...-beef-and-breaking-teeth-wrestling-with-food/

Recall

WWE seems like it's trying to entertain you like you're a kid at the circus and NJPW is about making you believe one person really wants to win.

Though I do not like these IWGP Jr Tag Title matches I'm watching on these show undercards, it's just ROH Indy guys doing things to show off their athleticism over actually trying to convey they want to win. It's fine to see once but they are instantly forgettable except the whole no legal tags needed for seemingly no reason on pinfall attempts...it's so dumb

Recall

Ricochet- do a move, pose for a reaction, do a move, play to the crowd, do a move, go for a cover, do a move, pose, rest, pose, do a move.

Kota Ibushi- do a move, does another straight away, gains momentum allowing him to hit another, cover attempt gets a genuine reaction, attempt a follow up move, gets cut off/reversed. Reverses that and applies a submission.

American wrestlers fucking suck at generating heat via momentum. Instead of capitalising on hitting a move, they just use it to pose for a reaction - you should be trying to win dickhead. It's awful.

I was laughing so hard when I saw this again during my WCW Nitro/PPV viewing.

The copyright coming up right before Sting comes into hahahaha.

Speaking of my viewing. I'm at the Nitro before Starrcade '98.

Are you doing full chronological? I'm doing 96 right now, but I'm watching WWF & WCW at the same time to try and spot more closely when everything flips. Right now I'm in the March time frame so just finished Uncensored, but still need to power through the bullshit SHAWN AND JOSE sob story that is just so lame.

Though I do not like these IWGP Jr Tag Title matches I'm watching on these show undercards, it's just ROH Indy guys doing things to show off their athleticism over actually trying to convey they want to win. It's fine to see once but they are instantly forgettable except the whole no legal tags needed for seemingly no reason on pinfall attempts...it's so dumb

This perfectly encapsulates my annoyance with 'work rate'. I like Riccochet btu he's definitely not a chain moved story telling kind of guy. I doubt I'll watch anymore PWG because after last year's spot fest heavy cards it just gets old.

klonere

Banned
Ricochet- do a move, pose for a reaction, do a move, play to the crowd, do a move, go for a cover, do a move, pose, rest, pose, do a move.

Kota Ibushi- do a move, does another straight away, gains momentum allowing him to hit another, cover attempt gets a genuine reaction, attempt a follow up move, gets cut off/reversed. Reverses that and applies a submission.

American wrestlers fucking suck at generating heat via momentum. Instead of capitalising on hitting a move, they just use it to pose for a reaction - you should be trying to win dickhead. It's awful.

This isn't a very good comparison

Especially if you watch the two most recent Jr. Tag title matches with Ricochet in them.

I mean, it's a big fuck off hill. But what do people want them to do, blow the dust off their copy of SimCity and flatten the earth? There's options to get up there that don't involve walking, and it's one show out of the year. Plenty of people travel to London already, it's hardly worth getting hot about.

That said, as many have before, PROGRESS are not the best at social media.

People are complaining about walking up a hill? Is it a fuck off huge hill or something or just a normal hill?

Being an overweight, lazy cunt I can completely understand not wanting to walk up a hill. But I mean, sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.

PR guy is a jerk and sucks at his jobs but complaining about venue because you don't like the restaurants near by is pretty funny too.

Bitching that there's no vegetarian/vegan restaurant near the venue as if that's Progress' fault is amusing.

"There's a hill and no vegan place to eat near by, fix this Progress!!!"

I mean, it's a big fuck off hill. But what do people want them to do, blow the dust off their copy of SimCity and flatten the earth? There's options to get up there that don't involve walking, and it's one show out of the year. Plenty of people travel to London already, it's hardly worth getting hot about.

That said, as many have before, PROGRESS are not the best at social media.

Ah, if it is a big fuck off hill I can understand people with health concerns, angina and such being upset. I agree with you though, it has never been more convenient to get from place to place. I suppose in Australia (where I am anyway) I am so used to it taking 1-3 hours to get anywhere I want to go, I would worry less about getting an uber from a train station to a venue too.

PR guy is a jerk and sucks at his jobs but complaining about venue because you don't like the restaurants near by is pretty funny too.

Bitching that there's no vegetarian/vegan restaurant near the venue as if that's Progress' fault is amusing.

"There's a hill and no vegan place to eat near by, fix this Progress!!!"

Haha yeah. I was a vegan for close to 10 years and basically prepared my own food and planned or ate ahead because it sucks to be a burden on people who want to go out and have to find very specific restaurants that may not cater to anyone else's tastes. Complaining that a show you want to see isn't near a vegan restaurant is..........

sibarraz

Banned
Im impressed that only now people are upset with how the WWE is presenting the ultimate warrior

There has been 3 years dince they have washed their image to uncomfortable levels

Im impressed that only now people are upset with how the WWE is presenting the ultimate warrior

There has been 3 years dince they have washed their image to uncomfortable levels

It's easier to ignore when it is mostly tucked HoF then what they've done the past two shows.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
People get pissed every year about Warrior. They normally only bring it up twice a year so the controversy doesn't stick too long.

Oh right, it's that time of year for WWE to bring back their partner in carny crime with the Susan G. Komen foundation to exploit breast cancer for PR and profit... Oh and fuck Warrior.

And as always, fuck Moolah.

Also, how was Smackdown?

From Prowrestling Sheet:

The plans with Bray and sister Abigail:

Interesting idea

Bray is going to come out with paint and wearing a nun uniform.

Top Bottom