• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bray is still going to job to Finn.

Even if he wins it won't matter. He lost all the times it mattered.

Paracelsus

Going by the old logic of "the person going over in the episode before the PPV loses" Nakamura is the new WWE champion and Shane wins the cage match, yes?

There's options to get up there that don't involve walking, and it's one show out of the year. Plenty of people travel to London already, it's hardly worth getting hot about.

It's a mild annoyance, and if walking isn't an option it's also another expense in an already expensive weekend, so I can see why some aren't over the moon with the venue choice. It's a real shit area in terms of nightlife as well, definitely getting a hotel deeper into the city.

Hasney

Going by the old logic of "the person going over in the episode before the PPV loses" Nakamura is the new WWE champion and Shane wins the cage match, yes?

HHH just arrived in India to announce a tour, so we'll see. Maybe this Nak/Jinder feud lasts for even longer and Jinder wins it back in his fake home country.

Caderfix

New top 5:
1 - Mick Foley
2 - Shawn Michaels
3 - Eddie Guerrero
4 - Sting
5 - Jeff Hardy

Jeff will always be in my top 5 because screw you, that's why.

Zach

Zach: The word, please.
Filth. As far as the eye can see.

tumblr_ox9s1cqjVu1s24yedo1_400.gif
+
tumblr_ox9rhvQOQE1s24yedo1_400.gif
Look at these athletes.

Oh wow, just read about that Warrior cancer charity thing. Let's not forget about what Warrior said about Bobby Heenan when he heard Heenan had cancer.

DLQceZeXkAAYMti.jpg:large
The good news is that the Ultimate Warrior died in pain, involved his family in trash wrestling before passing, and will never see his children grow up.

Karma is just a beautiful thing to behold, I guess.

Caderfix

Hey, Menome! December is right around the corner and Balor is not the champ. How excited are you to have a Fred Durst av for one entire month?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Hey, Menome! December is right around the corner and Balor is not the champ. How excited are you to have a Fred Durst av for one entire month?
Balor is the champ in my mind

Have you seen his abs

Angry Grimace

Yeah, almost on Shane's tier. You are right.
Shane was ripped before that Undertaker match and I couldn't figure out why they had him wrestling in a shirt.

Also why is Shane still wrestling

The good news is that the Ultimate Warrior died in pain, involved his family in trash wrestling before passing, and will never see his children grow up.

This is the most I've ever liked you. Officially proud to be #TeamZach

Angry Grimace

Meltzer also says AJ doesn't actually wrestle on SmackDown so the crowd doesn't leave for 205.

sibarraz

Banned

This is stupid post considering than.

- By involving her family in Trash Wrestling he gave his wife an stable job as a PR person who probably earns a good salary plus all the royalties that the wwe is giving them by making ammends and trying to sell him as the main face of 80's wreetling until Hogan returns. In that sense, he got a huge victory before dying (the timing of his death actually helped him a lot, since he died after giving a great speech and most of fans were on full nostalgia mode after returning)

- What fault have his children on all of this? Growing without a father isnt something that I want to wish on children, no matter how terrible were warrior comments about everything.

I like that this is in addition to moving Enzo to be a draw for said failing Network show

Fuck it, just lie about his weight and have Reigns win that belt too

Angry Grimace

Presumably the same thing for Nakamura who did a dark match with AJ last night.

I said a similar thing before about certain house shows, but I feel like in the "network" era it may be better form to air these dark matches for hardcore fans. I know they have reasons not to because practicing for PPV matches or whatever but c'mon.

Foggy

This is stupid post considering than.

- By involving her family in Trash Wrestling he gave his wife an stable job as a PR person who probably earns a good salary plus all the royalties that the wwe is giving them by making ammends and trying to sell him as the main face of 80's wreetling until Hogan returns. In that sense, he got a huge victory before dying (the timing of his death actually helped him a lot, since he died after giving a great speech and most of fans were on full nostalgia mode after returning)

- What fault have his children on all of this? Growing without a father isnt something that I want to wish on children, no matter how terrible were warrior comments about everything.

giphy.gif

We should absolutely not paint Wyatt as one of these guys that would thrive outside of WWE. He most likely wouldn't unless he ended up with some place like LU. That big flash and style is 99% of why he is over or works at all. Take that away and he's just Husky Harris again.

We should paint him as someone who is NoT thriving in WWE. That much we can quantify. Whether he can or not elsewhere is something we don't know. I think the core of my post was to entertain why he thinks staying there is a good idea. Does it have to do with dads legacy? Convenience? Both and more?

Angry Grimace

Lmao at this Reddit guy predicting Meltzer and Alvarez covering the twerking girl.

Bryan: "And then this girl starts shakin her ass on camera as Shane's walking down these steps, hardly selling a thing-"

Meltzer: "No he was selling. He was selling it-"

Bryan: "He just took a power bomb through a table! He shouldn't be walking!"

Meltzer: "Well, he's a McMahon ya know?"

Bryan: "Anyway, what about this girl on the steps"

Meltzer: "What about her?"

Bryan: "Well first off how they didn't even cut away from her?"

Meltzer: "Well maybe they weren't ready?"

Bryan: "They showed her for like 30 whole seconds!"

Meltzer: "It wasn't 30 whole seconds, it was like 6 or 7, maybe 10"

Bryan: "Alright, well whadda we got in UFC this week Dave..."

That's basically what they are like all of the time.

I mean, it's a big fuck off hill. But what do people want them to do, blow the dust off their copy of SimCity and flatten the earth? There's options to get up there that don't involve walking, and it's one show out of the year. Plenty of people travel to London already, it's hardly worth getting hot about.

That said, as many have before, PROGRESS are not the best at social media.

Three shows tbf! This year I was able to get to the shows each day and return to Portsmouth each day. This is going to make it far more difficult. I may have had a bad experience this year as I got stuck in a Uber to Victoria station for 90 mins after Chase the Sun. No problems with hills here though!

Anth0ny

He substitutes
"Yeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeah" for thoughts now.

"I mean, it's like... you know, it makes Ambrose come off as a complete, you know... well let me put it this way: The Shield reunion should feel a lot bigger than... you know. I mean, this could be your Mania program through the, through the Spring and even Summer of next year.

Well that's not true because Reigns has to go over Lesnar."

me

Angry Grimace

I like how WWE seems to consider losing clean via roll up to be a non clean loss

Top Bottom