• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
150716426608490uza.png

I actually loved the ending

I feel like they just did that same ending a few weeks ago (before the mixed tag match), but Melissa pinning Marty too made up for it.

It's always funny how in big matches Fenix's is going to get busted up and his mask is getting torn lol

Egg0

Banned
Sooo
War Games
at Takeover huh?

I've never actually seen one of these so that's exciting.

Also I'm halfway through World 2 of Cuphead and that's a great game friends.

Heroman

Banned
Sooo
War Games
at Takeover huh?

I've never actually seen one of these so that's exciting.

Also I'm halfway through World 2 of Cuphead and that's a great game friends.

The 1992 wargame from wresltewar is one of the best matches in wcw history.

Holy shit, Wrestle-1 gave no fucks about music rights and used “Where the Streets Have No Name” for its opening package for its 4th Anniversary show. And you know what? It worked because I am now pumped for this show. And the whole thing is only 2 hours long, the perfect length!

I’m digging this fat piece of shit Gajo vs. young lion Tagutaka Sato old vs. young match as the opener.

Jeez, the opener went not even 4 minutes. But I dug it!

Data, klonere, Boots, come play in the dirt and watch the Wrestle-1 show from 9/18.

Who is this Rionnie Fujiwara, and why is he pretending to be Davey Richards?

Why is our boy Yuji Hino in a random tag third from the bottom? Does he have HEAT?

Who is this Jake Omen and why does he have an entire novel tattooed on his chest by his ribs? How will that look when he is fat and old?

Foggy

Jeez, the opener went not even 4 minutes. But I dug it!

Data, klonere, Boots, come play in the dirt and watch the Wrestle-1 show from 9/18.

Who is this Rionnie Fujiwara, and why is he pretending to be Davey Richards?

You see the event from 9/2 yet?

You see the event from 9/2 yet?

I jumped back in with Wrestle-1 with the 9/18 show. I know that Ashino won the title from Jiro on the 9/2 show.

Wait, what the fuck is this from the 9/2 show?

Six Man Tag Team Match
Great Mucha, Keiji Muto & Shingo Takagi vs. Naoki Sakurajima, Naomichi Marufuji & Tatsumi Fujinami

WHY?

I mean, I liked that Hino got paid for doing nothing except throw a Fucking Bomb, but I want more from him than a random undercard tag.

Holy shit, MIKAMI. I haven’t thought of him since Chikara’s Tag World Grand Prix from like 2004. Also, Andy Wu!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I dont even know what War Games is, I was never really into WCW :(

someone explain what it means for Takeover?

Because this is Wrestle-1, my expectations are rather low, which means that I don’t really care that the UWA six-man tag match was rather sloppy.

Here are Kaz Hayashi and Shuji Kondo in a tag title match. Go figure.

Meanwhile,
Zhao-Xia-1-e1473352762617.jpg

This Takanori Ito fella acts like a young Japanese Kevin Owens, and I’m intrigued.
latest

Shotaro Ashino looks and carries himself like a champion. I’m not saying he’s a potential ace like Miyahara, but there’s something there.

tumblr_ooptpncxRb1qj1jhno2_1280.jpg

Anth0ny

”When he was first taken off the machine and the doctors wanted to have him walk around, obviously he needed help and support but he didn't even know who I was, and he was just pushing the walker and quoting numbers of towns from shows in the '80s. I was like, that's great he can quote me the numbers from a show in Chicago in the '80s but he doesn't know who I am? I would just sit there and listen to him quote the numbers and was just like this is crazy. So, he is pushing the walker with the nurses and he is pushing and pushing and then he just stops and starts strutting in the ICU. He doesn't know who I am, isn't really talking but just does the strut and I was just like this isn't real. When his 30 for 30 comes out in November, you will realize wrestling is my dad's first love and that's what he lives for. That's why I think we are so close because now I am in the industry that he loves so much so I get it, I get wanting to be the main event every night."

This is both the saddest and carniest thing I may have ever read.

"I don't know who you are lady, but what I DO know is we drew 12,000 in Atlanta back in 84, 6 weeks in a row from Thanksgiving to Christmas. Went 15 with Brody!"

"I don't know who you are lady, but what I DO know is we drew 12,000 in Atlanta back in 84, 6 weeks in a row from Thanksgiving to Christmas. Went 15 with Brody!"

Thats crazy. Imagine having this business so deeply ingrained that is what you regress too. Jesus.

Shotaro Ashino vs. Daiki Inaba went way too long, and it felt overbooked. Too much outside stuff from Ashino's faction, and it all took away from the match. On a show where nothing else went over 18 minutes, there was no reason for this match to go to 30+ minutes when the pace just makes it feel plodding instead of methodical. Ashino has something, but his matches need to pick up the pace, which is admittedly hard to do for a guy as inexperienced as a featured singles wrestler as he is.

The Wrestle-1 Fourth Anniversary show night 1 is otherwise a pretty easy watch, but it's not in any way essential unless you want to see what the third tier puro companies are doing in Japan.

Absolutely brutal. Reminds me of Jake Roberts' Hall of Fame speech when he said the only woman he never cheated on was the ring.

Top Bottom