• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

Zach

I love WW3 97 and always will
Rey+Mysterio+Eddie+Guerrero+botch.gif

I still don't believe he can execute 6 hours of wrestling but perhaps he's smart enough to have show runners

He's shown that he's willing to delegate. He doesn't really write NXT week to week like Vince does super hands-on with Raw and SD. He more so just sets the general direction and there's one other guy who writes most of the macro stuff. Can't remember his name, but he took over Ryan Ward's role.

Hell, he's not even at the tapings tonight.

Marty vs Fenix was a fantastic match with a finish you could see from a mile away. Still a lot of fun though. Nothing came close to Hell of War though.

Well, that 3 stages of hell match from last week between Killshot and Dante Fox would have fit in just fine during Ultraviolent July.

Now, on to the Dragon Gate match between Big R Shimizu and Mochizuki.

Really hope they put the NXT title on
Almas
actually.

But they won't.

What if that's why they're bringing in Gabe to book NXT FACTION WARFARE The Undisputed vs. SAnity vs. Los Ingobernables de Florida?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think you're reading a lot into what I am saying.

I haven't said Bullet Club or their shirt is part of the problem. I am simply saying the image is tone deaf after a tragedy.

The assumption that my core instinct after Vegas is that some wrestling stable should lose their income is misleading. It obviously wasn't the first thing I thought about after Vegas. My first instinct after Vegas was my usual fuck the US and their lack of meaningful gun control. My thoughts about the Bullet Club t-shirt aren't even that big of a deal but since this is a wrestling thread I thought I would bring it up. You seem to be inflating my investment in seeing the shirt removed from HT.

It's simply a concern, and a valid one, that the shirt might look a little tone deaf after a tragedy like this.

I'm not saying the shirt is the cause of the issue or that removing the sale of the shirts will somehow fix the problem. That's ridiculous. I am just saying that as a promotion tool it's ultimately problematic to promote yourself in association with guns in a country that has a gun violence problem. I don't think that's unreasonable at all.

You seem to keep claiming that I am suggesting that there is a link between BC and actual gun violence in America. Specifically this: "There is no real link between violence and violent media, unlike links between bigotry and bigoted media. They are just different things and need to be be approached differently.". I haven't said that at all. I'm just saying it's tone deaf and inappropriate.

Also, for the record, I love Bullet Club and the shirt. I don't want to see it go either. I just have concerns that as a promotional tool, as fantastic as it has been, it may be a problem down the line when trying to expand to the US. That's all.
I echo your thoughts 100% and I'm kinda surprised so many people would rather keep things as they are instead of make a small change that'd help.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, Zachary. I tip heavily...for good service.

Happy to show you if you'd like to meet for dinner.

My laptop can run Cuphead decently
giphy.gif

Enjoy. Beating your way through the game is one of the bigger highs ive felt from a game in recent memory. I typically hate trial and error but this one has beautiful mechanics and with every mistake and death, you feel yourself getting better and better. That's the addiction I feel at least.

Hex

Banned
NXT Spoilers:

Shame about Roddy not turning. I was hoping he'd join Undisputed to maybe give him some kind of personality. I like the guy and want him to do well but holy shit is he dull.

Also, it's been a minute for me - what are the rules for War Games?

It is tradition for someone to turn during Wargames

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I was literally in the middle of posting that no one should tell Cody

Enjoy. Beating your way through the game is one of the bigger highs ive felt from a game in recent memory. I typically hate trial and error but this one has beautiful mechanics and with every mistake and death, you feel yourself getting better and better. That's the addiction I feel at least.
Just beat the first stage. I can definitely feel it.

Top Bottom