• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Alucard

Banned
Good for JR. It'll be interesting to see if he still has "it," and I think he needs to get familiar with the talent and their move sets.

strobogo

Banned
I wonder if they'll do a Komen segment on a show called Hell in a Cell.

Gives you another handle for suplexes

ivHuhNQTf3iXt.gif

Alucard

Banned
Guys, I need to share how my love of gaming has been rekindled the past couple of weeks.

Step 1: Started listening to the retronauts (vol 3) podcast. Stuff just takes me back.

Step 2: Opened my 3DS a year and a half after getting it as a bday gift from my wife. Did this bc I couldn't/can't find my DS charger.

Step 3: Popped in Final Fantasy IV for the DS. I continued a game that I had about 3.5 hours on, and I've been playing it for the past week or so. Just leveling up on bus trips is fun times for me while listening to retronauts.

Fun user-friendly thing about FFIV DS: auto-battle. Makes leveling up much more palatable and quicker.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Booker is fucking terrible color commentator. Mongo is better. Stevie is better. Punk is better.

Booker sounds like somebody's senile grandfather got a hold of a microphone, and someone has to come and take his mic away or he'll start talking about some real embarrassing shit.

Alucard

Banned
It's a very fine version of the game.

The FMV intro is just fantastic and gets my nostalgia juices flowing. Does the ending have an FMV sequence as well, or is it through the in-game scenes like all spoken dialogue in the game?

Still amazed at what the DS was able to churn out with this game.

Gonzalez

Banned
Booker is fucking terrible color commentator. Mongo is better. Stevie is better. Punk is better.

Booker sounds like somebody's senile grandfather got a hold of a microphone, and someone has to come and take his mic away or he'll start talking about some real embarrassing shit.

Look at this! Spitting out lies to corrupt the WrassleGAF minds. OOOOOH SHUCKY DUCKY QUACK QUACK!!!

I'm doing a series of reviews on all of Randy Orton's Hell in a Cell matches.

Orton vs Cena is an absolute trashy match. Like, it was fine in that most matches are fine but it just lacked anything that made it exciting and it barely used the cell. It sucked.

Orton vs Sheamus in the cell was a little better but it was still the same formulaic garbage I can't stand like the first one. Guy picks up the stairs, guy goes into the cell. If this was ROH, people would be saying it's the indy "gotta get your shit in" stuff. Once again, a fine match, just devoid of any excitement or anything memorable.

somedevil

I can't wait for all these indie darlings to move up to Raw. They are in for a Rude Awakening.

TJIBgrK.gif

What do you mean. There is different levels. The Shield guys have been booked very well for over a year and all 3 are top guys on the card. Rusev hasn't lost yet and the Wyatt family has been fine.

I doubt the guys in NXT that are close to call up are going to get the Big E and Bo Dallas level booking.

somedevil

Here is the NXT Evolution Announced Card:

NXT Title vs Career: Sami Zayn vs Adrian Neville
NXT Tag Titles: Lucha Dragons vs Vaudevillains
Finn Bálor & Hideo Itami vs The Ascension
NXT Women’s Title: Charlotte vs Sasha Banks

This match hasn't been announced by most likely to happen:

Baron Corbin vs Bull Dempsey

Plus
After the match, Finn said he’d be bringing something to Takeover that the Ascension had never seen before. So he going to do his paint gimmick at the pay per view

Also,
No Steen. So he is going to be at the pay per view. Expect Zayn to win the title. Then Steen debuts and package pildrivers him to end the show

Mia Yim
and
Leva Bates
performed at the NXT tapings tonight! Very happy to hear that. It's the second time they've used
Leva
, so hopefully it means good things for both going forward.

strobogo

Banned
I went to see the Wedgie Board movie. Think about how stupid you'd imagine that movie to be. It's twice as stupid. Out of all the horror movies I've seen in my entire life, I've never seen a set of kids that were so stupid. The story made no sense. There were no scares. Just a bunch of fake jump scares. Like...that's the whole movie. It's kind of like....imagine a Nightmare on Elm Street movie that had all of the killings in the real world without showing Freddy or any effects. Then imagine the kids are dumber than kids in a Friday the 13th movie. And then imagine a haunted house with every haunted house trope you can think of. Then imagine you don't see any of these things. Then add in a Ouija board for that glorious product placement.

The only highlight of the movie: Repeated usage of the phrase, "Hi friend". Made me think of my Wrasslegaf brethren. It was rated PG-13, but I'm pretty sure it could have been G. No blood, no cursing, no nudity of any kind, no sexual innuendo. I guess it shows someone die. But so did a lot of Disney movies in more graphic detail. Pretty confident this could be shown on ABC Family with minimal to zero editing.

You're doing terribly when you're the worst movie based on a Hasbro product. Including 90s animated Pound Puppies stuff.

iEIcvHKU2sIli.gif

I just referee'd a Leva Bates match three weeks ago. Crazy to see her in NXT now.

she was very proud of her TMNT underwear in the locker room

Top Bottom