• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Raw64life

Real talk - I fucking hate Big Show's knockout punch.

The best part of him having this finisher is during his matches where he goes out of his way to punch people in the stomach instead of the face. Or when he has an opponent in the corner and does the chest slap thing instead of just knocking the guy out right there. If your finisher is a punch he should be doing nothing but swinging like a wild man every match.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Hello freindos, I am back from my wrestling hiatus, what's the card fo...

Hell in the Cell card:

Rollins vs Ambrose
Cena vs Orton
Rusev vs Big Show
Ziggler vs Cesaro 2 out 3
Sheamus vs Miz
Usos vs Goldust and Stardust
AJ vs Paige
Brie vs Nikki

iFkf1dWWu8bMe.gif

Hasney

Watching that Monday Night War thing and seeing CM Punk say "In this industry, you run with what's hot. You don't hit them with a taser"... Or get Nash involved in that main event, really.

wFD84.gif

Fox318

Hell in the Cell card:

Rollins vs Ambrose
Cena vs Orton
Rusev vs Big Show
Ziggler vs Cesaro 2 out 3
Sheamus vs Miz
Usos vs Goldust and Stardust
AJ vs Paige
Brie vs Nikki

edit: oops

Only one way to make this work...

Hell in the Cell card:

Rollins vs Ambrose in a bad pun/reference match
Cena vs Orton in a 6 month vacation match
Rusev vs Big Show in a retirement match
Ziggler vs Cesaro in a who can get buried more by the main card match
Sheamus vs Miz in push Sandow match
Usos vs Goldust and Stardust in a makeup match
AJ vs Paige in a who can get the crowd to chant CM Punk the loudest.
Brie vs Nikki in a womb match

This is one of those times where I watch how I use my words.

Really loving the tournament focus AJPW is rolling out. Really adds an importance to each match that is missing with other promotions. Tournaments inside of tournaments, winners gaining access to other tournaments!? So Schway. They can captialize on that shonen factor. Something even the fetish fest DDT hasn't exploited.

somedevil

Michael Elgin is at it again now posting a supposed email from ROH on his facebook:

Hey,

We already have the flight bought (which you should have gotten already). No room to eat the costs. It will all be fine and you can come back and get back to normal. There is really no choice because if you are not in Florida it will get messy and we don't want that.

We want to finish this out and then we can see what to do next.

In Florida we will do a match and an interview. In the interview you need to apologize and be sure to reference Kalamazoo by name since it is a TV market. Do NOT mention the visa situation. Just say that you have had personal issues that kept you away. Reference the World Title and say you respect Jay Briscoe. It doesn't need to be long but we need to make sure you talk about your remorse for missing events, etc.

Lets just do this the easy way and get through the tapings starting fresh. You have been great here for the last couple years and it is in all of our best interests to keep it going like it was before. I don't want to see you make another mistake so it is best to listen to us in this regard."

The man has lost it or this is a greatest work of all time.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WCW HALLOWEEN HAVOC 1996 2SPOOKY4LIFE

• That Motherfucker Dean Malenko vs Rey Mysterio Jr WCW Cruiserweight Championship
  • DDP vs Eddie Guerrero
  • The Giant vs Jeff Jarrett
  • Syxx vs Chris Jericho
  • Arn Anderson vs Lex Luger
  • Faces of Fear vs Christ Benoit/Steve McMichael
  • The Outsiders vs Harlem Heat WCW Tag Team Championships
  • Randy Savage vs Hollywood Hogan WCw Championship

You know you're in for a weird show when Dean/Rey might have been the least entertaining match on the card. It was definitely the least interesting of their 4 televised matches and only picked up in the last minute or so. No flow or anything. It was boring. DDP vs Eddie was pretty much the same, even with lower expectations due to DDP still being half a shitty 80s heel. Giant vs JJ is probably the surprise of the night. It was really fun. Jeff was a great face. I think he was better as a face than heel and it is a shame he really never got to be a face in the big time except this brief run in WCW. His face run in TNA was rad, too. Outsiders/HH had an excellent crowd. They were so into everything. Macho vs Hogan you'd expect to be terrible, but god damn if Hogan wasn't the most outrageously over the top asshole in the world that night. It was amazing. The match was whatever, but it was entertaining for sure.

Then Piper comes out and I'd like to believe that Hogan completely undercut him on purpose by saying that Piper was as big of a star as him before Piper even started his promo, making Piper sound like a rambling idiot asking Hulk to say it after he already had. And then Hulk said it AGAIN during the promo and Piper just kept going.

ibuM8AsYS22f8W.gif

ivHuhNQTf3iXt.gif

iHz4pI5nt7krC.gif

i4Tl0212mDy9c.gif

i4LZC1LpeYF8d.gif

iujICVelXfxkt.gif

There are still 4 or 5 excellent reaction gifs at the link. I'm not sure I've ever had a show with so many wonderful reaction gifs.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This Halloween Havoc review is world class, great stuff.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What's the better Fall Classic?

Halloween Havoc or Survivor Series?

There was a time when SS was the best thing, but it fell apart in the early 90s. Halloween Havoc is fun and playful and what wrestling is all about.

strobogo

Banned
I might have to go with Havoc. SS were always bigger spectacles, but most of those shows weren't good after 1989. A lot of HH weren't that great either, but every year had at least SOMETHING worth watching. Well, except 2000. I feel like Halloween Havoc has more shows that are better in 12 years of shows than Survivor Series has in 28.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I love HH 1996 and Stro is right, the opening matches while not bad or anything are the worst part of the card!

Hogan and Macho is amazing, they go something like 12 minutes without really doing anything yet the crowd loves it. Double J, ain't he great?

Is Survivor Series even considered one of the big 4 PPVs nowadays? The last main event that had any sort of significance was the one where Rock and Cena faced off against Miz and R-Truth.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It also hurts SS that SS matches often can be VERY long and boring due to the talent involved. HH is just an extravaganza of whatever the fuck, and Psicosis has had some great HH matches.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'd go so far to say that Halloween Havoc and not Starrcade was WCW's biggest and best event. Even the bad HH's are so bad that they are legendary.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
As far as WCW's PPVs go, I always enjoyed Starrcade, Halloween Havoc, and Hog Wild/Road Wild. Bash at the Beach was also a fun set.

Pavaloo

The best part of him having this finisher is during his matches where he goes out of his way to punch people in the stomach instead of the face. Or when he has an opponent in the corner and does the chest slap thing instead of just knocking the guy out right there. If your finisher is a punch he should be doing nothing but swinging like a wild man every match.

there needs to be an adrian neville vs big show match where show gets so frustrated he just starts swinging wildly, but neville is dodging it with all his speed, flips, and cartwheels

it'd be neat

I have fond memories of the early SS, was always my favorite after the Rumble but it's turned into a shitfest in recent years, with last year being the worst ever. 90 was my favorite

Gonzalez

Banned
If you have to go with any SS, then go with Survivor Series 95. That PPV has one hell of an amazing card with one of Bret Hart's best matches, and Kevin Nash's best match ever.

Top Bottom