• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

somedevil

Here is the announced NXT Card for Dec 11:

Career vs. Title Match
Sami Zayn vs. Adrian Neville

NXT Women's Title Match
Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte

NXT Tag Team Title Match
Aiden English and Simon Gotch vs. Sin Cara and Kalisto

Finn Balor(with Body Paint) and Hideo Itami vs. The Ascension

Plus this match which wasn't announced but will most likely happen:

Baron Corbin vs Bull Dempsey

Kaladin

You just know
Zayn vs Neville is going to end with Zayn winning the belt with help from Steen....I can smell it.....I can see it happening. I.....I can dream can't I?

Cagey

Banned
You just know
Zayn vs Neville is going to end with Zayn winning the belt with help from Steen....I can smell it.....I can see it happening. I.....I can dream can't I?

Better yet...
Steen costs Zayn the belt and says something like Zayn can never escape him anywhere, Zayn "loses career", Zayn goes to the main roster and is warmly greeted by fans, Zayn returns to NXT and pulls some Obi Won shit about how he's better than ever now that he's been struck down.

That's some fantasy booker T right there. #canyoudigthat

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Charlotte's ready for prime time, goddammit. I just hope she fits in at a good spot. That's really the concern. I know she can deliver like FUCK in the ring, but if she's put in a shit program, well.

Better yet...
Steen costs Zayn the belt and says something like Zayn can never escape him anywhere, Zayn "loses career", Zayn goes to the main roster and is warmly greeted by fans, Zayn returns to NXT and pulls some Obi Won shit about how he's better than ever now that he's been struck down.

That's some fantasy booker T right there. #canyoudigthat

I don't know about digging that, but if I were Triple H I'd bury that idea.

somedevil

You just know

My Theory:

Zayn wins the title. Steen music hits and he package piledrives him to end the pay per view.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
There's always option 3:
Zayn loses and it just so happens right around that time a brand new superstar joins NXT with the express purpose of getting Sami his job back.

His name is El Generico.

And why not? It's an old school storyline that hasn't been used in a while, and we all know he could pull it off.

Ithil

I''m thinking
Zayn finally wins the title, and during his celebration, Steen debuts and lays him out. Neville would probably get his rematch on NXT TV, and head up to the main roster in early 2015, while Zayn can feud with Steen for a while. I don't think Zayn's reign with the NXT title needs to be particularly long, it's more important that he finally win it after a year and a half of chasing it.

Any excuse to bring back the "WE DON'T KNOW YOU" chant from Chikara

EDIT: This is a response to Terrabyte's censored post. I don't use quote functionality if I don't have to

Gonzalez

Banned
You just know
If Vince was given that information from the NXT writers he'll be like...

"They want to do what with who? AHAHAHAHAHAHA... Hey prop guy! Get this canuck a flannel shirt, and an axe."

There's always option 3:
Zayn loses and it just so happens right around that time a brand new superstar joins NXT with the express purpose of getting Sami his job back.

His name is El Generico.

And why not? It's an old school storyline that hasn't been used in a while, and we all know he could pull it off.

That would be amazing

bjork

So imagine a backstage vignette where some wrestlers are watching WWE Network on a monitor. They're talking about how they remember that guy and wonder what happened to him, and the camera reveals a Kurt Angle match on the TV. Then the next week, one of the guys hears the voice of Kurt Angle. Then the week after that, Kurt appears in a ghost form, standing behind the guy. Maybe this is just him in some kind of weird makeup, or maybe it's a backstage video trick. But the idea is that no one can see him, like Warrior in WCW but even more ridiculous. Maybe he can even interfere in matches, dropping someone with an Angle slam and disappearing under the ring or something. Then as more people keep talking about him and it's like he is remembered by WWE canon, he has no makeup and is fully returned, but as a manager or something that occasionally does a run-in or whatever.

I like my wrestling when it's super dumb, not super insulting.

Hasney

I love how everyone is fantasy booking
Steen to debut in Zayn's match.
You think NXT would reference that history?

You think anything WWE branded will be headlined by Pac V Generico?

Wait...

Eh, they may do. It's treated like an indy fed anyway.

Aiii

So not worth it
Dissapointed that the stip for Neville vs. Zayn pretty much guarantees the outcome, shouldn't have done that.

The thing I liked the most about the NXT Live Events so far is how I couldn't predict the winners at all, it could go either way in most of the matches they've had.

Remember when Sin Cara Azul fought Sin Cara Negro because Sin Cara Negro felt that Sin Cara Azul stole the name Mistico, so Negro decided to steal the name Sin Cara. That was my favourite Sin Cara storyline

bjork

Remember when Sin Cara Azul fought Sin Cara Negro because Sin Cara Negro felt that Sin Cara Azul stole the name Mistico, so Negro decided to steal the name Sin Cara. That was my favourite Sin Cara storyline

Almost as good as Booker vs Big T for the rights to the letter T.

Gonzalez

Banned
I love how everyone is fantasy booking
Steen to debut in Zayn's match.
You think NXT would reference that history?
They won't... The rumours of WWE using "Fight Steen Fight" gimmick from his indie days are just somewhat true. Apparently they'll be repurposing his gimmick to fit a breast cancer awareness narrative. So now he'll be fighting breast cancer, but only one month out of the year. He will basically be the new Xanta Clause. Hmmm... That'll teach that indie scum.

bjork

They won't... The rumours of WWE using "Fight Steen Fight" gimmick from indie his days are just somewhat true. Apparently they'll be repurposing his gimmick to fit a breast cancer awareness narrative. So now he'll be fighting breast cancer, but only one month out of the year. He will basically be the new Xanta Clause. Hmmm... That'll teach that indie scum.

Will he be allowed to wear pink?

strobogo

Banned
100% they'll mention it, just like they mention Pac/Generico history on the indies. They've mentioned it on the website a bunch already and Steen hasn't even debuted.

Carnby

Owen/Yoko weren't a tag team until WMXI, so this one was after that IIRC. Post-Diesel/HBK at WM too. Right?

I looked into it. The following month's main event was Deisel (champion) vs. Bulldog. So this it seems this was done to build their match.

Ithil

Dissapointed that the stip for Neville vs. Zayn pretty much guarantees the outcome, shouldn't have done that.

The thing I liked the most about the NXT Live Events so far is how I couldn't predict the winners at all, it could go either way in most of the matches they've had.

They can do it so he loses and goes to the main roster, but I imagine this is his big win. Even without the stip, I would have fully expected him to finally win the big one, that's been the story since early 2014 after he ended his feud with Cesaro.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Almost as good as Booker vs Big T for the rights to the letter T.
Remember when he And Ice-T were in concert at the Big T Theatre?

250px-Big_T_Theater.png

Kaladin

Wouldn't it be amazing if Kevin Steen just came in as Kevin Steen? Same Mr. Wrestling and FIGHT STEEN FIGHT gimmick in tact.

It could be what finally makes the WWE universe forget about CM Punk.

Aiii

So not worth it
They can do it so he loses and goes to the main roster, but I imagine this is his big win. Even without the stip, I would have fully expected him to finally win the big one, that's been the story since early 2014 after he ended his feud with Cesaro.

If the spoilers are correct, and they very well might now be, it's specifically his WWE career, not his NXT career that's on the line though.

Sephzilla

Wouldn't it be amazing if Kevin Steen just came in as Kevin Steen? Same Mr. Wrestling and FIGHT STEEN FIGHT gimmick in tact.

michaeljordanlaugh.gif

Thanks to CM Punk nobody is going to be allowed to wrestle in WWE with their previous gimmick in tact - Sting being the lone exception.

Ithil

He won't be Kevin Steen. But they will acknowledge that he is Kevin Steen, like they did with KENTA and Prince Devitt. I think they will use the "Fight ___ Fight" phrasing too.

Eagerly awaiting the WM8 finish for Neville/Zayn where Neville has the ring bell, but chooses not to use it

Bonus points if Zayn uses it instead

Ithil

Someone with too much time on their hands found this.

https://www.ascap.com/home/ace-title-search/index.aspx

The music group CFOS are a part of. Searching either of their names under Writers (WATTENBERG GREGG STEVEN and SALTMAN THOMAS SAMUEL) gives a list of all the NXT or WWE themes they've done, including the generic library themes. Amusingly, the address for "Screech Music" is still listed as World Wrestling Federation.

The main point is this one:

y3yesgg17piv.png

A song "Fight" for Kevin Steen. Also gives Finn Bálor's theme song as "Catch Your Breath".

Someone with too much time on their hands found this.

https://www.ascap.com/home/ace-title-search/index.aspx

The music group CFOS are a part of. Searching either of their names under Writers (WATTENBERG GREGG STEVEN and SALTMAN THOMAS SAMUEL) gives a list of all the NXT or WWE themes they've done, including the generic library themes. Amusingly, the address for "Screech Music" is still listed as World Wrestling Federation.

The main point is this one:

y3yesgg17piv.png

A song "Fight" for Kevin Steen. Also gives Finn Bálor's theme song as "Catch Your Breath".

Why would they need to compose a theme for Steen when they already have Tear Away licensed for WM X8 on the network?

Alucard

Banned
Yet another case of ROH raiding PWG and using their shit to keep them afloat.

Not sure of the timeline, but were Steen and Generico also tagging in PWG? I only really know of their Steen Wolf match. Otherwise, the stuff they did in ROH was gold. I was lucky enough to see one of their matches live. Mega intense.

Not sure of the timeline, but were Steen and Generico also tagging in PWG? I only really know of their Steen Wolf match. Otherwise, the stuff they did in ROH was gold. I was lucky enough to see one of their matches live. Mega intense.

ROH straight up xcopy'd their feud in PWG. From the tag team to the final match.

Aiii

So not worth it
Just heard an interview with AJ where she said that everyone gathers around backstage to watch Cesaro when he has a match, so that's sort of encouraging, I guess.

#PushCesaro.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Charlotte's ready for prime time, goddammit. I just hope she fits in at a good spot. That's really the concern. I know she can deliver like FUCK in the ring, but if she's put in a shit program, well.

lol @ if

3 way lesbian storyline with Paige and AJ coming right up.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This armchair NXT booking is reaching tumblr levels, guys. Terrifying depths we've sunk.

Top Bottom