• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

DMczaf

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/h...-amy-poehler-tina-fey-amy-schumer-1201336538/

How John Cena is Going Hollywood to Attract New Fans to WWE

But Cena, 37, isn’t looking to leave wrestling behind anytime soon. In fact, he sees movies as an important way to elevate the company’s profile with people who may not be familiar with WWE’s weekly TV show, monthly pay-per-view events like “WrestleMania” and “SummerSlam,” or its digital streaming network.

john-cena-by-gregg-segal-2.jpg

Omega

Banned
people who may not be familiar with WWE’s weekly TV show, monthly pay-per-view events like “WrestleMania” and “SummerSlam,”

how is this even possible?

The shit has been around for 30 years. Who the fuck doesn't know any of this stuff? There's a difference between not caring and not knowing Vince.

Most people were smart enough to bail, some of us are stupid and stick around thinking stuff might change
even though for the past decade its been the same garbage

y'all are killing me with this NXT spoiler talk. I want to look, but i mustn't!

and what the fuck, my Network sub ends and suddenly NXT is Hulu Plus only. Ah, well, the Network doesn't have the Criterion Collection.

Sephzilla

The shit has been around for 30 years. Who the fuck doesn't know any of this stuff? There's a difference between not caring and not knowing Vince.

Bingo, this kind of seems like a big thing that Vince can't seem to grasp anymore.

Just getting WWE's name out there and attaching WWE faces to things like Susan G Komen or Hollywood movies doesn't instantly mean people will tune into WWE. People will tune into WWE when the product is actually worth watching. Hell when WWE was in its heyday during the Attitude Era most of their talent didn't do crazy amounts of crossover appeal stuff beyond the obligatory USA channel bullshit. The crazy crossover shit like movies and Chef Boyardee shit happened after the TV product became better and the wrestlers became stars.

Bingo, this kind of seems like a big thing that Vince can't seem to grasp anymore.

Just getting WWE's name out there and attaching WWE faces to things like Susan G Komen or Hollywood movies doesn't instantly mean people will tune into WWE. People will tune into WWE when the product is actually worth watching. Hell when WWE was in its heyday during the Attitude Era most of their talent didn't do crazy amounts of crossover appeal stuff beyond the obligatory USA channel bullshit. The crazy crossover shit like movies and Chef Boyardee shit happened after the TV product became better and the wrestlers became stars.

Plus I don't know what they want to attract them to. Even the die hard fans hate the product right now.

"Hey, tune in, look what we have!" *shows variation of Cesaro/Miz/Sheamus/Ziggler for the 74th time*

strobogo

Banned
Fuck all this spiritual bullshit. I'm going to stick with ethical hedonism. Eat, drink, fuck, be merry, as long as you don't hurt anyone or break laws. Fuck all this FEAR ME OR GO TO HELL or JUST GO WITH THE FLOW, MAN, DON'T WORRY ABOUT GOOD OR BAD BRAH or BE AS MODERATE IN EVERYTHING AND ELIMINATE ALL PASSIONS horseshit. Imma drink booze and eat cheeseburgers and hate watch wrestling and whatever else I want that give me pleasure without hurting anyone else.

Omega

Banned
i know we made fun of it, but that Cena table gif is actually kind of sad.

He looks like shit and moves like shit. Father time is undefeated, and when you add the wear and tear of injuries and a ridiculous work schedule..sorry Cena, this isn't a handicap match you can bury

He needs to go or take a lighter schedule. Maybe he's a company man and that's great, but he shouldn't put his body at risk to keep Vince's business afloat.

Zach

The second half of The Death of WCW isn't as fun as the first half. So many numbers and boring weekly recaps. I know, I know. "Because WCW!" Still, I think they could've skipped some of the repetitive stuff for the reader's sake and made the same points.

bjork

Fuck all this spiritual bullshit. I'm going to stick with ethical hedonism. Eat, drink, fuck, be merry, as long as you don't hurt anyone or break laws. Fuck all this FEAR ME OR GO TO HELL or JUST GO WITH THE FLOW, MAN, DON'T WORRY ABOUT GOOD OR BAD BRAH or BE AS MODERATE IN EVERYTHING AND ELIMINATE ALL PASSIONS horseshit. Imma drink booze and eat cheeseburgers and hate watch wrestling and whatever else I want that give me pleasure without hurting anyone else.

Big ups to stro for seeing the light.

It's upsetting that Kurt Angle seems to have reached joke levels around these parts :( The guy should have been an absolute legend for some of the matches he's put on, and how quickly he grew into Professional Wrestling.

Carnby

It's upsetting that Kurt Angle seems to have reached joke levels around these parts :( The guy should have been an absolute legend for some of the matches he's put on, and how quickly he grew into Professional Wrestling.

I agree. I always considered Kurt as one of the best. I stopped watching wrestling for ten years, I returned to find he left WWE for TNA. I was so disappointed. For a good year I kept hoping he would return.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Says a lot what TNA can do for your stock.

Sephzilla

Agreed. Angle never seems to get as much of the credit he deserves.

Vylash

ed0.gif

TNA does awful things to the careers of guys not named Christian, Bully Ray, or EC3

Omega

Banned
while Angle is one of my fave five, can't say i blame people for not caring about him as much.

That's what happens when you spend majority of your career in TNA. i wish in some alternate universe he took a year or two break from the WWE to get his health in order/take a break and then returned.

Worked wonders for HBK. second half of his career is way better than his first, but that's probably because he got to wrestle people like Kurt/Jericho/etc. instead of Diesel and Tatanka..

Sephzilla

while Angle is one of my fave five, can't say i blame people for not caring about him as much.

That's what happens when you spend majority of your career in TNA. i wish in some alternate universe he took a year or two break from the WWE to get his health in order/take a break and then returned.

Worked wonders for HBK. second half of his career is way better than his first, but that's probably because he got to wrestle people like Kurt/Jericho/etc. instead of Diesel and Tatanka..

yeah... tna did more to negatively impact his career than help it i think

Kurt's addictions got the best of him. I'm sympathetic to that. Without them, I think he would've gone down as the best of all time. Especially if The E was proactive and offered a reduced schedule to him.

Top Bottom