• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

So making the comparison of watching many matches from multiple shows to watching a single episode in it's entirety of a product is faulty, disingenuous and elitist at best.

Fine. I'd rather watch the worst episode of ECW TV, I'd rather watch one of those ECW compilation videos that cut all the matches down to five minutes, I'd rather watch Eddie Gilbert booked ECW from '93 than a single episode of WWECW. Because it was mostly trash and, in spite of watching all that shit as it aired, I can't remember a goddamn thing worth revisiting. If that makes me elitist, then so fucking be it.

DiscoJon

Banned
SantiNovember Wrasslin' |OT| Sonna Ma Gun!
t7h7B.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I always viewed WWECW as being kind of a handicapped parking spot version of Raw/SD.

It's different, and you had to be special to be on it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WWE should cut these NXT dudes I've never heard of or even seen.
angelodawkins_1_full_20140129.png
wesleyblake_1_full_20140829.png
tyedillinger_full_20140509.png
sawyerfulton_1_full_20140129.png
jasonjordan_1_full_20140829.png
dashwilder_1_full_20140829.png
calbishop_1_full_20140627.png
buddymurphy_1_full_20140627.png

Who in the blue hell are these goofs?

Look at it this way though, none of those motherfuckers are getting paid jack shit, so it wouldn't make sense to cut them when they could potentially draw money. Worth the risk. Dudes probably not even getting $40k a year, nothing livable for sure.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Heavy is probably the most awesome elitist mark in the world. I really love seeing him post, because laughs are had and it makes me question if he's real, then my heart warms when I find out that yes, he is real.

Aiii

So not worth it
You've hit the nail on the head there, this thread IS too elitist and some of you really need to drop the rampant elitism and try watching some wrestling outside of the WWE Universe™ for once. Goddamn elitists, the lot of you.

I'm going all-in on Lucha Underground, I'll be your goddamn Alucard of Lucha Underground. LUCHA! LUCHA! LUCHA!

My absolute favourite Santino bit is where the opponent goes for a lock up, but Santino ducks under their arms and power walks the ropes. Wish he'd had more opportunity to use the in-ring comedy bits, but they seemed few and far between. Also, shame he never really had another comedy wrestler to do his stuff with.

I'm going all-in on Lucha Underground, I'll be your goddamn Alucard of Lucha Underground. LUCHA! LUCHA! LUCHA!

Every promotion needs an Alucard. We've almost got all the bases covered. I promote New Japan, Alucard promotes ROH, tm24 promotes PWG, Bronson promotes IWA-MS, etc.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My absolute favourite Santino bit is where the opponent goes for a lock up, but Santino ducks under their arms and power walks the ropes. Wish he'd had more opportunity to use the in-ring comedy bits, but they seemed few and far between. Also, shame he never really had another comedy wrestler to do his stuff with.

Every promotion needs an Alucard. We've almost got all the bases covered. I promote New Japan, Alucard promotes ROH, tm24 promotes PWG, Bronson promotes IWA-MS, etc.

And Stro and I will quasi-promote WCW :(

I'll promote WCCW. I love that promotion.

DiscoJon

Banned
You've hit the nail on the head there, this thread IS too elitist and some of you really need to drop the rampant elitism and try watching some wrestling outside of the WWE Universe™ for once. Goddamn elitists, the lot of you.

Hey! I actually have you to thank for turning me on to NJPW and I just watched the first episode of Lucha Underground a couple hours ago. We don't have any sort of indie wrestling here in the Pacific Northwest, if only Pacific Northwest Wrestling would come back...

When I lived in Seattle I actually had some co-workers try to start up a federation by doing shows at local bars and stuff. The city shut them down HARD.

I'm just giving you shit because you aren't a "WWE guy."

DiscoJon

Banned
Look at it this way though, none of those motherfuckers are getting paid jack shit, so it wouldn't make sense to cut them when they could potentially draw money. Worth the risk. Dudes probably not even getting $40k a year, nothing livable for sure.

If these goofs are each getting 40K a year I will eat my hat. Every penny counts when your business is faltering. And please tell me with straight face that any of these dude are a potential draw.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If these goofs are each getting 40K a year I will eat my hat. Every penny counts when your business is faltering. And please tell me with straight face that any of these dude are a potential draw.

Could be someday. Look at Baron Corbin 3 years ago. People can find their way.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We used to have really strong connections with various promotions in terms of Posters who were fans.

TM24 - PWG
Bootaaay - CZW

I can't remember the Chikara one :(

A lot of us used to really like CHIKARA, but the whole "we shuttin down" shut down our interest as well. I bought a few of their ippvs.

Pristine_condition is I believe the AIW dude.

Yup. Bronson loves him some IWA-MS. All he talked about when we were in NYC.

bjork

Santino stealing the subway sandwich was my favorite. I liked the honk-o-meter or whatever it was called, too.

I promote pre-Attitude WWF. I would promote VGCW, but it's been months since I last checked it.

Aiii

So not worth it
I used to be a big Chikara fan, but stopped watching ~2006 (when I started watching WWE again). I feel like I like 2002-2005 TNA the most >.<

Is it time for our FAV TIME IN WRESTLING IN A SINGLE PROMOTION, EVER?

I guess for me it would be 1997 and 1998 in WCW. The Crow Sting storyline, the cruiserweights with the Japanese and Mexican guys coming in alongside guys like Benoit, Malenko and guys like Jericho. Of course the nWo when it was cool and then later Goldberg and The Streak. Raven's flock, loved that too.

That was really the most fun wrestling ever was for me.

bjork

Is it time for our FAV TIME IN WRESTLING IN A SINGLE PROMOTION, EVER?

I guess for me it would be 1997 and 1998 in WCW. The Crow Sting storyline, the cruiserweights with the Japanese and Mexican guys coming in alongside guys like Benoit, Malenko and guys like Jericho. Of course the nWo when it was cool and then later Goldberg and The Streak. Raven's flock, loved that too.

That was really the most fun wrestling ever was for me.

The first 6-7 months of Flair's first WWF run. UT goes undefeated until Survivor Series, beats Hogan. Emergency PPV for a rematch, title vacated. Flair wins the best at RR, then loses to Macho. The Macho-Jake storyline, Piper's quest for gold, HBK heel turn, so many good things.

Top Bottom