• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

JavyOO7

When WWE ECW had people like Kofi, Sheamus, and Yoshitatsu debuting it was actually a pretty strong show. Whoever said "proto" NXT is right. Show was really strong when folks like Matt Hardy, Swagger and Christian were champion. No kidding. You had at least one good match a show. I miss it loads and hope WWE Network airs those shows soon...

Gonzalez

Banned
When WWE ECW had people like Kofi, Sheamus, and Yoshitatsu debuting it was actually a pretty strong show. Whoever said "proto" NXT is right. Show was really strong when folks like Matt Hardy, Swagger and Christian were champion. No kidding. You had at least one good match a show. I miss it loads and hope WWE Network airs those shows soon...

It was pretty good for like an episode, but they then would repeat that same episode format for 2 months with sometimes different results. Then they would change up the matches, have a good episode, and then repeat the same process all over again.

NXT is so much better than that. WWECW at the time felt more like a streamlined version OVW, DSW, and FCW.

bjork

It was pretty good for like an episode, but they then would repeat that same episode format for 2 months with sometimes different results. Then they would change up the matches, have a good episode, and then repeat the same process all over again.

NXT is so much better than that. WWECW at the time felt more like a streamlined version OVW, DSW, and FCW.

First bit sounds like you're talking about current Raw. Well, aside from that "pretty good" part.

Fox318

5RigtTQ.jpg

Does Lucha have suits?

bjork

I don't know who that is, but I hope he never lost his mask. What's poking through looks gruesome enough.

Sorry, if that happens to be someone's relative here.

kiguel182

I'll probably sign up for the Network to have November for free but the fact that I still have to put a credit card and then cancel it before December first is troublesome.

Oh well...

It's not elitist to think ECW is garbage. It's normal because it is/was. It was an incoherent mess.

That was the biggest shock I had when I finally got around to watching it. I watched the shows sporadically as a kid, as they were hard to find in the UK. So in isolation they were awesome, mainly due to the whacky crap going on.

But when I finally got around to being able to watch them in order... I don't know. Things were just odd.

strobogo

Banned
The last year or so of WWECW was dope. Christian coming back from TNA and learning how to carry himself a legit star and basically being 1991 Bobby Eaton, but champion. The true start of Goldust's ridiculous career renaissance where he was suddenly in great shape and wrestling like Dustin Rhodes in 1992 again. Sheamus killing fools. The Hart Dynasty. Jack Swagger when he still looked like he had a ton of potential. Evan Bourne. William Regal's Roundtable. Jobber matches. It was fun.

JavyOO7

I was pretty happy with that. It was one hour of comfort food for me, tbh. Easy to sit through that then RAWs at that time.

...watching Sami Zayn vs Titus part two right now. Titus shows a personality that I wished creative would let him use in the main roster. Sucks, man...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The only thing I remember about WWECW was there was that one part where Hardcore Holly was entertaining for a little while because he looked like he wanted to beat the piss out of everyone, heel or face.

The only thing I remember about WWECW was there was that one part where Hardcore Holly was entertaining for a little while because he looked like he wanted to beat the piss out of everyone, heel or face.

Oh we're talking WWECW...

Wasn't the thing with Holly that he sliced his back open in a match with RVD and suddenly everyone thought he was the greatest thing ever?!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Oh we're talking WWECW...

Wasn't the thing with Holly that he sliced his back open in a match with RVD and suddenly everyone thought he was the greatest thing ever?!

No, I was talking about both. ECW was garbage. WWECW was so much of a lack of thing that it didn't even register for me beyond like one or two things being weird.

No, I was talking about both. ECW was garbage. WWECW was so much of a lack of thing that it didn't even register for me beyond like one or two things being weird.

AH ok

The only things I remember from WWECW are the terrible PPV it had, the interesting (and somewhat successful) attempting establishing The Big Show (until terrible PPV). The rise of CM Punk and the matches with John Morrison.

The first few weeks with The Zombie and friends.

I think that's it. Oh, and marking out for various random indie names appearing out of nowhere, mainly from Chikara.

Who can forget...

AJKJYzc.jpg

kiguel182

So, trying to sign up to the WWE Network, if I give them a credit card now do they bill it or can I take it out before December 1st?

Now I'm tempted to buy 2 months for the price of one or just wait for January since I'll probably buy the Rumble.

kiguel182

Honestly you should ask someone at WWE about that. My answer is what you'd expect - "just pay"

They say they just bill me December first but when using Paypal they ask for money now. Makes no sense.

I'm a little strapped for cash in November so I really didn't feel like it. Decisions..decisions.

JavyOO7

So, trying to sign up to the WWE Network, if I give them a credit card now do they bill it or can I take it out before December 1st?

Now I'm tempted to buy 2 months for the price of one or just wait for January since I'll probably buy the Rumble.

I imagine if they say November is free that they will not bill you until Dec 1. You will probably have to provide a CC though.

kiguel182

I imagine if they say November is free that they will not bill you until Dec 1. You will probably have to provide a CC though.

I was trying to do it with PayPal but they asked to pay up front.

I'll try with a credit card to see if they wait for December first so I can cancel it after Survivor Series.

If not I'll lose 7 euros, it could be worse.

bjork

They say they just bill me December first but when using Paypal they ask for money now. Makes no sense.

I'm a little strapped for cash in November so I really didn't feel like it. Decisions..decisions.

That's where the credit card part comes in. Pay it down later! Enjoy all of November's fine new content!

P. much ready to post this OT any minute now.

what goony avatar theme is going on for nov? Or I mean, for Bull Nakanovember?

kiguel182

That's where the credit card part comes in. Pay it down later! Enjoy all of November's fine new content!

what goony avatar theme is going on for nov?

I actually use something my bank has that simulates a credit card but works like a debit card to do online purchases so the money is paid upfront.

But hey, at least I have no debt so there's that.

kiguel182

Well they refused my card and gave me back this message "Our records indicate that you have recently placed an order, please wait for few minutes for your confirmation."

I tried to give them money, oh well.

Top Bottom