• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tumblr_ne8p2f3pRM1sx191ko1_500.png

YEAH

Paracelsus

Was listening to this, and I was wondering: there's many good workers around but is there anyone on the horizon giving that "you may be bigger but I will outwrestle your ass down" vibe these two gave? I wouldn't even consider Bryan, regardless of his neck.

Aiii

So not worth it
So since I haven't watched WWE in a couple of weeks, I might be wrong here, but have they dropped the bunny-storyline completely?

strobogo

Banned
It seems even NXT has given up on Justin Gabriel's heel run. I wouldn't at all be surprised if he's on the chopping block. I think Titus is also on the Brodus path of going to NXT, looking like a monster for a month, putting over Neville, and getting fired.

It seems even NXT has given up on Justin Gabriel's heel run. I wouldn't at all be surprised if he's on the chopping block. I think Titus is also on the Brodus path of going to NXT, looking like a monster for a month, putting over Neville, and getting fired.

Nah Titus will be kept around to job to the missing link on his return then both will be released sadly

DiscoJon

Banned
To be honest though, I didn't catch on to the original ECW until it's last 2-3 years of existence. I guess I missed out on the "good" ECW run.

ECW was very much a product of its time and, as such, it's hard to go back and watch ECW and appreciate it in the same way - that being said, there's dozens of OG ECW matches I'd rather watch than a single episode of WWECW.

bjork

To be honest though, I didn't catch on to the original ECW until it's last 2-3 years of existence. I guess I missed out on the "good" ECW run.

Aside from catching dudes inbetween bigger promotions or maybe their first appearances in the US, there wasn't a lot of "good" there. It was something different, but I really feel that even by the time ECW had its first PPV, those days were long gone.

What is Eva Marie's original hair color? It isn't red, and that dark hair doesn't look natural either.

Aiii

So not worth it
Aside from catching dudes inbetween bigger promotions or maybe their first appearances in the US, there wasn't a lot of "good" there. It was something different, but I really feel that even by the time ECW had its first PPV, those days were long gone.

What is Eva Marie's original hair color? It isn't red, and that dark hair doesn't look natural either.

It's dark brown. The whole first ep of TD was dedicated to how she was supposed to make it blonde because she looked too much like The Bellas (and fuck Natalya, we need more blonde divas, apparently) and she DEFIED THEM and made it red instead... But it was fine, they liked red better, anyways.

And then in the latest ep she went down the aisle in a dark brown wig because that's the "little girl daddy knew her as", so yeah, that's probably her own color.

DiscoJon

Banned
ECW was very much a product of its time and, as such, it's hard to go back and watch ECW and appreciate it in the same way - that being said, there's dozens of OG ECW matches I'd rather watch than a single episode of WWECW.

Okay, first off, that hyperbole is ridiculous. Secondly, you are comparing watching "dozens of OG ECW matches" (as in segments from multiple shows that last anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes) to viewing a "single episode" of a program which lasts around 45 to 47 minutes. With any case, watching a full "episode" of ANY wrestling program is bound to have some garbage in it. So making the comparison of watching many matches from multiple shows to watching a single episode in it's entirety of a product is faulty, disingenuous and elitist at best.

bjork

I could be misremembering, but I really want to say there were a handful of old ECW shows that only featured one match. The opening would be Joey recapping, and the end would be the Pulp Fiction promos, but the rest of the show was just one match. Is that right?

Top Bottom