• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Clearly they should have put the belt on Lesnar and have had potential contenders be forced to go through the other Heyman guys to get a shot because he couldn't bother with small chumps.

Aiii

So not worth it
Observer:
Brian James (Road Dogg), 44, has been moving up in influence of late. Part of it is that longtime creative power Michael Seitz (Michael Hayes) was sent home several weeks back. Seitz is still employed by the company. Seitz, 54, had been in trouble years ago for using the N word in a conversation with Mark Henry that he was very lucky not to have been fired for. He kept his job in creative, but lost his Vice President title, which cost him a lot of money over the years. Among the stipulations for him to keep his job was to stay out of bars (back in the 80s he did a line when he was feuding with Kerry Von Erich and they talked about how Kerry Von Erich was an All-American in track and Hayes responded that he was an All-American in bars) and he wasn’t supposed to drink, at least while on the road. Hayes and HHH were the ones who booked the house shows. It was really Hayes’ job, and HHH was there to oversee it. James is now filling that position and it was described that James is a power on the rise because Hayes gave him an opening. Besides doing TV’s and house shows, he’s also in the office quite a bit and he’s one of HHH’s guys, as opposed to a guy who was in the position when HHH got power. Most of the wrestlers are happy with James’ presence in the creative meetings since he’s been around the business so much longer than most of the decision makers, and he talks the language of the wrestlers, many of whom grew up with him as a name star. WWE hasn’t officially commented on the status of Hayes.

tumblr_mjcslm3LCO1qetjf6o1_400.jpg

Ithil

Cena puts on good matches too.

So I guess you guys want more Cena. :)

Cena has some good matches, with good opponents, he regularly has boring, same old Cena matches. He also comes with a never budging never changing spot at the top of the card with half or more of every audience hating his guts while he says nothing new.

I can't say that for Tanahashi.

Aiii

So not worth it
Cena has some good matches, with good opponents, he regularly has boring, same old Cena matches. He also comes with a never budging never changing spot at the top of the card with half or more of every audience hating his guts while he says nothing new.

Would it help if Cena started cutting his promo's in Chinese?
He's learning Chinese, you see.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Do you watch NJPW?

They've done a better job of pushing other main event guys, but Tanahashi is still constantly getting the spotlight for everything.

Ithil

Do you watch NJPW?

Yeah, and I haven't seen him main event any of their iPPVs in months. He's their top guy, I expect him to be the most promoted. But Cena's absolute non-flexible all Cena all the time booking is a crap ton worse than Tanahashi's. Would Cena lose clean to a mid card cult favourite during a tournament like Tanahashi did for Ishii in the G1?

I don't get the sense watching NJPW that they only want you to care about Tanahashi and no one else is allowed to come close to his level, he's just the top face. Most many audiences I've seen him perform in front of adore the guy completely, you don't get that "50% minimum of every crowd hates him with a vengeance" like Cena does.

strobogo

Banned
HOW IS THIS A THING SOMEONE ACTUALLY TYPED???

Well, the same guy said the girl that Roman Polanski raped was a cum dumpster used by Hollywood elite anyway. That whole thread is fucking weird with all people getting super touchy over the difference between pedophile and ephebophile. In response to being called out on saying that the girls are possibly the aggressors, he went on to say he had to forcefully stop a 13 year old girl from grabbing his dick at a party when he 19, so the idea of the girls being the aggressor doesn't seem far fetched to him. Not realizing, of course, that a grown man going along with that even if the girl was the aggressor is not any better. Nor could he answer why there are 13 year olds at a party he was at when he was 19.

I'm surprised that Hayes is only 54. I'm amazed he's made it this long. Road Dogg taking over is great.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If you go to both Cena and Tanahashi's most recent profight pages, both have 6 singles losses.

The advantage that Tanahashi has is that he's got other legit contenders around him. WWE don't know how to book nobody else. But I still think Tanahashi has worn out his welcome just as much as Cena has.

Tanahashi might have been nudged from the top spot already by now if Goto wasn't such a putz. However, up until Okada's meteoric rise, Nakamura was the only other viable draw of the company, but putting the belt on him would have been a step backwards. Also, I don't think even half the audience hates Tanahashi - it's a minority, who got increasingly vocal due to the fact that between WK5 & WK7 Tanahashi held the belt for 19 of those 24 months. I doubt he'll ever get such a lengthy title reign again and if he beats Okada for the belt this time it will only be so he can put over Naito at WK8.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
But you also have to think, how often do Japanese fans, ANY of them, boo faces? I can't think of any major cases prior to Tanahashi.

Also Goto is like the sucky version of Ishii. He's kind of like ADR where you're like yeah he's a competent wrestler, but there's nothing about him that stands out, but he keeps getting semi-pushes anyways. Except Goto doesn't get the title because NJPW doesn't treat their belts like a joke.

Ithil

I like Goto well enough from what I've seen of him. Not my favourite but still a solid guy to watch. He at least has their best theme music (which is saying something).

Toki767

If you go to both Cena and Tanahashi's most recent profight pages, both have 6 singles losses.

The advantage that Tanahashi has is that he's got other legit contenders around him. WWE don't know how to book nobody else. But I still think Tanahashi has worn out his welcome just as much as Cena has.

The difference is definitely more that the 6 wins by the people who beat Tanahashi really helped elevate them.

The people who beat Cena haven't been in any better position since they beat him. Most have sunk even lower.

G-Fex

Well, the same guy said the girl that Roman Polanski raped was a cum dumpster used by Hollywood elite anyway. That whole thread is fucking weird with all people getting super touchy over the difference between pedophile and ephebophile. In response to being called out on saying that the girls are possibly the aggressors, he went on to say he had to forcefully stop a 13 year old girl from grabbing his dick at a party when he 19, so the idea of the girls being the aggressor doesn't seem far fetched to him. Not realizing, of course, that a grown man going along with that even if the girl was the aggressor is not any better. Nor could he answer why there are 13 year olds at a party he was at when he was 19.

I'm surprised that Hayes is only 54. I'm amazed he's made it this long. Road Dogg taking over is great.

What a bunch of morons in that thread that only do one thing and that's prove that there are fucking idiots on this board that will defend the most vile of shit that can happen in real life.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm sorry but Takahashi's sax theme is the best theme

The new NJPW CD with it on it came out yesterday so hopefully it pops up soon.

I was thinking about the possibility of a 60 minute draw between Okada & Tanahashi - if they do this, Okada's going to vacate the title and Tanahashi said he'll never challenge Okada for the belt again, so where the hell would that leave them? Presumably the title would be held up (in abeyance, lol), but they wouldn't have time to crown a new champion before Wrestle Kingdom and, besides, Naito's the sort-of no.1 contender. Perhaps they could leave the title vacant and have Okada vs Tanahashi vs Naito for the belt, although 3 way matches are very rare in Japan. I think they've only ever done 1 for the IWGP title, that was Fujita (c) vs Chono vs Lesnar and it sucked.

Also, best current theme? I'm pretty sure it's this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30yaYk-Ktis

But you also have to think, how often do Japanese fans, ANY of them, boo faces? I can't think of any major cases prior to Tanahashi.

Neither can I, but it's fair to note that while the Tokyo or Osaka crowds may boo Tanahashi or root for his opponent if they're becoming sick of him (or if he's wrestling an underdog like Ishii), he's pretty much loved everywhere else and is still very much the draw of the company. It was very evident during the G1, especially on the shows from places like Sendai & Yokohama - all those people gave a damn about was Tanahashi.

Dragonzord said:
Also Goto is like the sucky version of Ishii

If he had any sort of charisma, he might have been able to translate all those pushes New Japan gave him into the crowd actually giving a shit, but he's repeatedly failed at that.

The new NJPW CD with it on it came out yesterday so hopefully it pops up soon.

My copy shipped today :)

I'm looking forward to having all the BULLET CLUB themes, even though Anderson's is utterly ridiculous. Also, it's got Bob Backlund's NJPW theme on it too, lol, The Backlund Strut!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't think Nakamura vs Okada is going to happen anymore because I guarantee that Marufuji vs Nakamura is leading to KENTA vs Nakamura.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They should give Yano the IC belt. I know he'll never be the MAIN guy, but he's one of their most entertaining performers, has a huge following for a guy who's basically a perpetual heel, and besides ... If you don't give him the belt proper he'll just end up stealing it anyways.

You guys think while Taguchi is injured he could learn what a gym looks like?
220px-Ryusuke_Taguchi.jpg

Yano's theme is cool and all, but it's all about TAKA;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL1Fj-ErPSs

"TAKA is coming...motherfucker."

They should give Yano the IC belt. I know he'll never be the MAIN guy, but he's one of their most entertaining performers, has a huge following for a guy who's basically a perpetual heel, and besides ... If you don't give him the belt proper he'll just end up stealing it anyways.

I think Yano should steal Naito's NEVER title and break it, as it's a shitty belt with no meaning that Naito seems overly attached to.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think Yano should steal Naito's NEVER title and break it, as it's a shitty belt with no meaning that Naito seems overly attached to.

Years of being denied the title you were supposed to get and handing it to the old Tanahashi again will make you real attached to any kind of belt you can get. :)
e.gif

Besides, for those of you like Aiii who can't see 'it' about Naito
e.gif

It's the selling. It's good Muta selling and not constant shitty Shawn Michaels selling. Also girls love him like Jeff Hardy in 2005 levels.

Top Bottom