• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

Aiii

So not worth it
Rob Feinstein, the guy who runs RF Video and was part-owner of ROH, was caught in a paedophile sting operation by a local NBC news affiliate - they had chat logs of him talking to and agreeing to meet a 14 year old boy, including the now infamous line from RF; "lol, I'll pretend u said 18". When he arrived at the house, he found an NBC news crew there and bolted for his car.

ibzhEBlAujjY9e.gif

Obviously, this story airing on the local news created some big problems for ROH, namely that TNA wanted to end their dealings with them, which meant guys like AJ & Christopher Daniels couldn't work ROH any longer. Feinstein in the end had to agree to selling his half of the promotion and, although no charges were ever brought against him, rumours persisted. Fast forward to this week, Maffew posted a picture of Feinstein in bed with Sunny on the Botchamania facebook page, lots of people made jokes about Feinstein in the comments and, surprisingly, he actually responded and went on a huge rant about how none of us know the full story. He then goes on to explain the whole thing (badly) and seems to be insinuating that Cary & Syd, his former partners in ROH, had set the whole thing up as a way to force him out of the promotion and steal his business. Despite rambling on for some 5000 words, he can't seem to explain exactly what is was that made him run away from the news cameras without even finding out what they were there for and insists that he was "picking up a friend", rather than trying to meet an under-age boy.

Well that's something, thanks.

I love that WWE is in storylines blaming Brad Maddox for that shit show called Battleground. Its funny and very WCW esque

There is something funny about Stephanie McMahon and Hunter yelling and looking down on this no name wrestler who is barely relevant, when they themselves are the ones booking this abhorrent shit

You realise they're in storyline using Maddox as a scapegoat right?

Big Show even said so, when he called out Steph for using Maddox as a puppet.

Ithil

rBGe25c.gif

Also: lol @ Agent of SHIELD's ratings falling so much week after week. That shit ain't getting a 2nd season.

This is normal for a show, ratings tend to stabilize around the third or fourth episode. Also, it could drop by another third and still get a second season, ABC are lacking in decent rated shows other than their usuals right now.

Kaladin

This is normal for a show, ratings tend to stabilize around the third or fourth episode. Also, it could drop by another third and still get a second season, ABC are lacking in decent rated shows other than their usuals right now.

Also, it's a Marvel franchise, ABC probably can't cancel it.

Isn't that show extremely expensive to make for a TV show? I thought I read that somewhere

strobogo

Banned
Extremely probably isn't the best word, but it is more expensive than a lot of shows, yes. It has less than half the budget per episode than Game of Thrones has.

Jamie OD

I love that WWE is in storylines blaming Brad Maddox for that shit show called Battleground. Its funny and very WCW esque

There is something funny about Stephanie McMahon and Hunter yelling and looking down on this no name wrestler who is barely relevant, when they themselves are the ones booking this abhorrent shit

I was hoping for my original idea where Maddox was hired because Vince wanted him to make bad decisions that would destroy the place. But instead Maddox's bad ideas would somehow made things even better.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Are you ready for Cena vs Orton unification match at Wrestlemania?
Because I am. Remember that HUGE reaction they got during their faceoff? The Rock and Austin of our generation.

Aiii

So not worth it
Are you ready for Cena vs Orton unification match at Wrestlemania?
Because I am. Remember that HUGE reaction they got during their faceoff? The Rock and Austin of our generation.

Not ready, but that's because they'll have Undertaker vs Cena.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Keep shooting on each other goddammit I love a backstage alpha male brawl!

Kaladin

Cena winning the belt confirmed?

Just announced, John Cena will return to Atlanta on November 19 when SmackDown comes to Philips Arena!

jmdajr

If Cena winning means they finally unify the titles then I'm all for it.

Won't happen. Then Elimination Chamber is useless.

Unless they still use it for

A) Defending WWE title going into Mania

B) Defending Royal Rumble Spot.

C) DEFENDING THE INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE!

Putting Cena on Smackdown for a while might actually be a real good idea.

Most Smackdowns are in half empty arenas these days. They could use the boost.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Won't happen. Then Elimination Chamber is useless.

Unless they still use it for

A) Defending WWE title going into Mania

B) Defending Royal Rumble Spot.

C) DEFENDING THE INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE!

I'd like to see them elevate the IC title. First things first - get it off Axel.

G-Fex

For someone who supposedly hates AJ as much as you do, you sure seem to mention her in every other post Fex.

Yes odd how she seems to be in the center of the stage and story revolving around her just like her usual self on Raw!

Aiii Aiii Aiii Aiii Aiii

Aiii..

I'd like to see them elevate the IC title. First things first - get it off Axel.

That should be the workhorse belt as it was in the 80's. I'd be ok with someone like Ziggler, Cesaro, or Fandango taking that belt and being booked strong with it for a good 6-10 months.

ADR has has the WHC belt forever now, and has been booked like a beast, it's only now that he is feuding with Cena that he will look weak again.

Aiii

So not worth it

This and Simon's Cat.

Yes odd how she seems to be in the center of the stage and story revolving around her just like her usual self on Raw!

Seriously, I bring her up as little as possible, you mention her every page. And I'm the AJ mark between the two of us.

If you hate her so much, guess what, you have the option not to be so hung up about her.

Maybe this concept is too hard for you, I don't know.

G-Fex

This and Simon's Cat.

Seriously, I bring her up as little as possible, you mention her every page. And I'm the AJ mark between the two of us.

If you hate her so much, guess what, you have the option not to be so hung up about her.

Maybe this concept is too hard for you, I don't know.

Aiii you were supposed to be my friend and now you backstab me over a woman.

A WOMAN!

Also calm down I'm not really serious ..

Thank God for NXT after the shit show of the main product. I really hope at some point Sami and Bo do their odd couple tag-team with Sami being the most affable guy on the roster and Bo being the most detestable human-being in existence, Renee had to put more effort into not copsing than anybody ever has done before at the end of that segment.

Striker

That should be the workhorse belt as it was in the 80's. I'd be ok with someone like Ziggler, Cesaro, or Fandango taking that belt and being booked strong with it for a good 6-10 months.

ADR has has the WHC belt forever now, and has been booked like a beast, it's only now that he is feuding with Cena that he will look weak again.
He lost to RVD and Christian during his reign, so he hasn't been booking as strong as you'd expect. He did finally get a win over Sheamus via rollup, which to me came off as a surprise in commentary.

But unifying the belts is the way to go. Maybe it will help having more well known stars carry the IC title rather than the likes of Kof's and Axel's. They had a chance with Axel but their early booking of him was terrible and it took them a while to come up with a finisher for him (PerfectPlex was just waiting to be held).

Aiii

So not worth it
Why people want so desperatly to get rid of the WHC title so they can make the IC Title the WHC Title again is beyond me.

Get rid of the US title, done.

Kaladin

Why people want so desperatly to get rid of the WHC title so they can make the IC Title the WHC Title again is beyond me.

Get rid of the US title, done.

Unify all titles, make them more meaningful. Having 4 singles titles is contributing to the titles being meaningless as it is.

All we need is a WWE Championship and an IC title.

Aiii

So not worth it
Unify all titles, make them more meaningful. Having 4 singles titles is contributing to the titles being meaningless as it is.

The reason the titles are meaningless is because they are meaningless.

Title winners lose all the time, there are no feuds over titles, there are no contenders for titles. They are props.

Unifying, getting rid of titles, etc. in the end does nothing. I don't even really think there are too many titles, it's just that they made the titles and titleholders mean nothing. It's all about the booking.

Kaladin

The reason the titles are meaningless is because they are meaningless.

Title winners lose all the time, there are no feuds over titles, there are no contenders for titles. They are props.

Unifying, getting rid of titles, etc. in the end does nothing. I don't even really think there are too many titles, it's just that they made the titles and titleholders mean nothing. It's all about the booking.

If you take it down to 2 singles belts and a tag team championship, it immediately makes those titles mean more. Look at what it did for the tag belts when those were unified.

I'm not saying it will solve all the problems, but it will help.

Aiii

So not worth it
Tag belts mean next to nothing though, I had to think real hard to remember who the champs are and I can't remember the last title defense either.

That kind of goes against what you're saying, doesn't it? They're booked just as badly and mean just as little.

Cena winning the WHC on the other hand is probably gonna do alot to elevate that belt again.

Kaladin

Tag belts mean next to nothing though, I had to think real hard to remember who the champs are and I can't remember the last title defense either.

That kind of goes against what you're saying, doesn't it? They're booked just as badly and mean just as little.

Cena winning the WHC on the other hand is probably gonna do alot to elevate that belt again.

That's booking problems though. The tag titles are stagnant now because they're held by The Shield, who are the most dominant unit in WWE, with no one except the Wyatt family in sight that can challenge them.....and the Wyatts aren't even close to feuding with them.

So now the tag tiles are basically just decorations for the corporate security team.....which is again, a booking problem. Remember that time when we had several good tag teams like Hell No and Car Stereo? That's what unifying belts can do for a division when there is a division.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"keep shooting on each other guys"

People stop shooting. Come on!

Let's get wild - I'm gonna blow your minds with this one.

Doink was one of the worst things. RIP Doink but he was horrible.

Aiii

So not worth it
That's booking problems though. The tag titles are stagnant now because they're held by The Shield, who are the most dominant unit in WWE, with no one except the Wyatt family in sight that can challenge them.....and the Wyatts aren't even close to feuding with them.

So now the tag tiles are basically just decorations for the corporate security team.....which is again, a booking problem. Remember that time when we had several good tag teams like Hell No and Car Stereo? That's what unifying belts can do for a division when there is a division.

That's what I said though, the booking is the reason the titles look meaningless, it isn't that there's too many, it's that none of them are booked to be any kind of deal. In fact, having a title means you're gonna lose every non-title match you have, ever. I'd rather not hold a title in WWE outside of the WWE Title than have one.

But that's all booking. Change the booking to make the champions look strong, have feuds that have the title as the main focus and you're done, problem solved.

G-Fex

"keep shooting on each other guys"

People stop shooting. Come on!

Let's get wild - I'm gonna blow your minds with this one.

Doink was one of the worst things. RIP Doink but he was horrible.

I can't think of anything to shoot.

I don't necessarily hate indie wrestling since I like chikara. I watched one thing of ROH and thought it was alright.

Alright I got something. I think extreme hardcore and gore wrestling is stupid as hell. That includes CZW which is why I only watch maybe half of botchamania videos.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
By saying that Tanahashi is your wrestler of the year, you are just reinforcing them giving Tanahashi more title shots and more tv time.

There you go.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
By saying that Tanahashi is your wrestler of the year, you are just reinforcing them giving Tanahashi more title shots and more tv time.

There you go.

That's fine by me if he keeps putting on amazing matches.

Oh we're shooting now? OK.

I AM A GOD

...And Tanahashi jobbed to a fucking BEAN

Also I am the most jaded person in the world now when it comes to pro wrestling, thanks to years of filming CZW and basically being in a war zone. Yet it was extremely fulfilling for me.

And I'm still scared of haunted houses and shit. That makes sense. :p

Ithil

There you go.

I see nothing wrong with that. He may not be new, but he puts on great matches every time. I'm happy to see more.

Kaladin

I'm from the school of thought that champions should wrestle less, but be featured on every show. Every singles match the champion is in should be a title match or a #1 contender's match. Champions should rarely be in tag matches because their partner is also a contender, unless they're directly aligned.

A champion should not have to carry the wrestling product of a show, that falls on the contenders.

WWE obviously does not book this way.

Top Bottom