• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

Toki767

Bryan's basically the fall guy for bad ratings. I don't know why people would expect HHH and Stephanie to take the blame. Even though it probably is their fault.

Toki767

irXiejwtyI3gw.gif

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I nominate Vacant as an entry for the 2013 Avatar Rumble. Bit harder to do than Big Show, but plenty of things to do across Vacant's numerous title reigns.

SHEETZ

-- TNA's Brooke Tessmacher is now officially just known as "Brooke". The Tessmacher last name has officially been dropped.

-- Triple H and others in the company are very high on Aksana. They all see potential in her becoming something special.

-- Shawn Michaels' being the special guest referee between Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton at Hell in a Cell is leading to speculation amongst the wrestlers that he could end up wrestling at WrestleMania 30. The smart money is that the match would be Michaels vs. Triple H.

-- WWE was informed that John Cena's elbow injury was not as severe as they first thought. It was only a partial tear, so his healing process was faster than expected. They decided to bring him back because the roster is perceived to be thin. The World Heavyweight Title match with Alberto Del Rio at Hell in a Cell was only conceived last Sunday and will not be inside of the Cell.

-- Rob Van Dam's first inactivity period for his WWE contract is coming up, which explains exactly what his situation is. This is a very unique deal. RVD works 90 days and then he's allowed to take an unlimited amount of time off. He can dictate when he's ready to come back. During his time off, he is free to work independent shows as long as he appears on nobody's television show or DVD videos. This deal was crafted jointly by Triple H and RVD then approved by Vince McMahon.

-- Ricardo Rodriguez will be wrestling Los Matadores on Smackdown this week. He will be El Local Uno and Tyson Kidd will be El Local Dos. It's being guessed that the Los Locals gimmick will be the new version of Los Conquistadores.

-- Rey Mysterio is set to return on WWE's tour of Mexico next week. Mysterio will turn 39 in December.

-- A.J. Lee was sent home from Raw after displaying concussion-like symptoms following her match at the Battleground PPV with Brie Bella. She had trouble remembering any of the match and was scheduled to face Kaitlyn on Raw.

-- Supposedly, the idea behind Tamina's alliance with A.J. is that she's sort of the female version of Diesel to a female Shawn Michaels. Yep.

-- Despite belief that his contract had expired, Hulk Hogan is still promoting TNA live events. This is leading to people to believe he's come to a new deal with the company.

-- Chris Jericho is currently working on his third autobiography. There is no word as to when it'll be released.

-- The Armed Forces Network was defunded due to the federal government shutdown. This meant soldiers overseas missed the Battleground PPV on Sunday, but they were able to see the PPV on Tuesday and Raw on Wednesday.

-- Steve Austin is experimenting with the idea of brewing his own brand of beer.

-- Wade Barrett may be getting a gimmick repackage.

-- Vickie Guerrero's time on television may become limited as she's gone back to college to study medical administration.

DMczaf

-- Shawn Michaels' being the special guest referee between Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton at Hell in a Cell is leading to speculation amongst the wrestlers that he could end up wrestling at WrestleMania 30. The smart money is that the match would be Michaels vs. Triple H.

Guzim, Ninja Scooter...

We're getting the band back together! ONE LAST TIME

G-Fex

You guys need a video package to explain the Snowglobe Kliq to everyone.

"One day a bunch of marks marked out harder than anyone marked before.

The rest is history"

Rey really should just retire at this point for his own sake. I used to love him back in the day, but his body is just proper fucked now.

I don't know, I'd like to see him go out with Kevin Nash once again throwing him onto the side of a trailer like nothing.

Aiii

So not worth it
with AJ's skull cracked I guess she won't be tilting her head and looking to the left for a while.

I still remember that time she was GM and Punk was yelling at her and her best comeback was tilting her head a bunch of times.

For someone who supposedly hates AJ as much as you do, you sure seem to mention her in every other post Fex.

#BadNewsBarrett
Remember how well they capitalised on his bare knuckle fighting character? (if that was his character, he was punching dudes in some dank cellar just because) he gained an elbow smash and nothing else, got booked the same inconsistent way as every other mid carder.
So yeah a repackage doesn't really amount to anything, seeing WWE are going all new generation these days maybe he'll come back as a suave secret agent who uses gadgets to win his matches.

I wouldn't say anything bad about you. Your in-depth knowledge of "break a syringe off in someone's skull" matches makes you a force to be reckoned with.
Sounds like it would make for a nice dvd match compilation.

Remember how well they capitalised on his bare knuckle fighting character? (if that was his character, he was punching dudes in some dank cellar just because) he gained an elbow smash and nothing else, got booked the same inconsistent way as every other mid carder.
So yeah a repackage doesn't really amount to anything, seeing WWE are going all new generation these days maybe he'll come back as a suave secret agent who uses gadgets to win his matches.

I think he'll be repackaged as the Royal Baby sent to our time from the future, to wrestle.

#ProudOfMyFutureKing

Aiii

So not worth it
Honestly, I don't much enjoy any version of Wade Barrett. But after seeing how they turned around Bo, I say go for it!

Weirdest thing I've read in wrestling all week; RF Video goes nuts on Botchamania's facebook page and seems to be insinuating that the whole To Catch a Predator-esque local news sting operation he was caught in was in fact all part of an elaborate plan to defame his character and force him out of ROH.

Hulk Hogan hulks up off a Macho Man elbow drop - LOL HULK SUX NO SELLING SHIT
Davey Richards hulks up off a superplex - THISD IS WRESTLING THIS IS WRESTLING

So unnecessarily obnoxious and a perfect example of what I'm talking about. It's obvious that, for some people, indy wrestling begins and ends with Davey Richards no selling like a chump, whereas I think it's pretty disingenuous to lump hundreds of wrestlers and dozens of promotions together in the same basket. Carry on, though.

Wade Barrett getting repackaged for the 72nd time?

Sweet.

Couldnt they just have him reform the nexus already or something. It was the only role that really fit him and only went to shit because of "Cenawinslol" booking.

It would give Justin Gabriel something to do as well. Toss JTG in there for some reason.

Nexus 3.0: the midcard time forgot.

Aiii

So not worth it
Weirdest thing I've read in wrestling all week; RF Video goes nuts on Botchamania's facebook page and seems to be insinuating that the whole To Catch a Predator-esque local news sting operation he was caught in was in fact all part of an elaborate plan to defame his character and force him out of ROH.

I don't know what this is about, can you clarify what's going on?

I don't know what this is about, can you clarify what's going on?

Rob Feinstein, the guy who runs RF Video and was part-owner of ROH, was caught in a paedophile sting operation by a local NBC news affiliate - they had chat logs of him talking to and agreeing to meet a 14 year old boy, including the now infamous line from RF; "lol, I'll pretend u said 18". When he arrived at the house, he found an NBC news crew there and bolted for his car.

ibzhEBlAujjY9e.gif

Obviously, this story airing on the local news created some big problems for ROH, namely that TNA wanted to end their dealings with them, which meant guys like AJ & Christopher Daniels couldn't work ROH any longer. Feinstein in the end had to agree to selling his half of the promotion and, although no charges were ever brought against him, rumours persisted. Fast forward to this week, Maffew posted a picture of Feinstein in bed with Sunny on the Botchamania facebook page, lots of people made jokes about Feinstein in the comments and, surprisingly, he actually responded and went on a huge rant about how none of us know the full story. He then goes on to explain the whole thing (badly) and seems to be insinuating that Cary & Syd, his former partners in ROH, had set the whole thing up as a way to force him out of the promotion and steal his business. Despite rambling on for some 5000 words, he can't seem to explain exactly what is was that made him run away from the news cameras without even finding out what they were there for and insists that he was "picking up a friend", rather than trying to meet an under-age boy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Being Curtis Axel isn't as bad as being Wade Barrett, as much as that makes me laugh.
Being Wade Barrett is on the same level as being Kofi or Miz. With the right gimmick, you could probably turn Curtis around. Wade is too far gone.

KissVibes

Banned
Being Curtis Axel isn't as bad as being Wade Barrett, as much as that makes me laugh.
Being Wade Barrett is on the same level as being Kofi or Miz. With the right gimmick, you could probably turn Curtis around. Wade is too far gone.

The only gimmicks that could help Curtis are one where he doesn't talk and one where he's an evil 80s movie villain.

Have you heard him talk? He sounds like a young teen trying to do a grown up voice while calling a sex line.

Wade is still salvageable, due to the simple fact than in WWE, heels = cowards. All you'd have to do to make Wade legit (or any WWE heel, for that matter), despite years of burials and nothing feuds, is to have him act like a heel who isn't a coward and who can conclusively & cleanly beat important faces. I know, crazy talk, right? Also, picking a character & theme music for him and then sticking with it would probably be a great help, also.

Axel's immediately forgettable, even with Paul covering for his awful mic work. He's worth less than Wade in my estimation.

Jamie OD

Hope all this mount rushmore stuff leads to DDT4 being a trios tournament. i need a trios torunament!

also BOLA is pretty awesome. as usual

Probably too early to book it but using DDT4 to put together Young Bucks Vs Steen & Cole with all four being dick heels to each other would be fantastic.

I would love to marathon a bunch of this year's PWG shows but I often get burned out from just watching one of their DVDs.

strobogo

Banned
Rob Feinstein, the guy who runs RF Video and was part-owner of ROH, was caught in a paedophile sting operation by a local NBC news affiliate - they had chat logs of him talking to and agreeing to meet a 14 year old boy, including the now infamous line from RF; "lol, I'll pretend u said 18". When he arrived at the house, he found an NBC news crew there and bolted for his car.

ibzhEBlAujjY9e.gif

Obviously, this story airing on the local news created some big problems for ROH, namely that TNA wanted to end their dealings with them, which meant guys like AJ & Christopher Daniels couldn't work ROH any longer. Feinstein in the end had to agree to selling his half of the promotion and, although no charges were ever brought against him, rumours persisted. Fast forward to this week, Maffew posted a picture of Feinstein in bed with Sunny on the Botchamania facebook page, lots of people made jokes about Feinstein in the comments and, surprisingly, he actually responded and went on a huge rant about how none of us know the full story. He then goes on to explain the whole thing (badly) and seems to be insinuating that Cary & Syd, his former partners in ROH, had set the whole thing up as a way to force him out of the promotion and steal his business. Despite rambling on for some 5000 words, he can't seem to explain exactly what is was that made him run away from the news cameras without even finding out what they were there for and insists that he was "picking up a friend", rather than trying to meet an under-age boy.

Post that story in the Dan Schneider thread. You'll get responses like, "14 doesn't make you a pedo, bro", and :

I agree, but the world of showbiz is a weird one. One where drugs and sex of all kinds and all ages take place behind the scenes and the only reason we don't know about it is because a lot of money is passing hands. The stuff you see on TMZ and other tabloids are nothing compared to what really goes on. And while producing hit shows with underage girls doesn't automatically make you guilty, the speculation is certainly warranted when the girls on the show are sexualized in weird yet not-so-subtle ways.

Is he a creep/pedo? Who knows. Furthermore, even if he is a creep screwing underage girls it's quite possible that the girls (or even the girls' parents) may be the real aggressors. Fame is one helluva drug. People have killed for it, died for it, and (if rumors are true) pimped themselves or their own kids out for it.

Into

I love that WWE is in storylines blaming Brad Maddox for that shit show called Battleground. Its funny and very WCW esque

There is something funny about Stephanie McMahon and Hunter yelling and looking down on this no name wrestler who is barely relevant, when they themselves are the ones booking this abhorrent shit

Top Bottom