• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

DMczaf

Awesome tumblr there.

tumblr_muess07YdH1r2f4qzo1_400.gif

tumblr_muess07YdH1r2f4qzo2_400.gif

JAPW is the weirdest promotion ever in that they always have these amazing indie dream cards, but they always sucked. Always.

This is so very true. At one point the roster looked like a great mix of ROH, TNA & CZW talent, the occasional West Coast fly-in and Teddy Hart, but I bought at least a half dozen JAPW DVDs and they were all absolutely fucking awful. Last one I grabbed at least had a decent Kenny Omega vs Low Ki match - Ki lost, but he didn't job, lol.

Dragonzord said:
It's the selling.

Yeah, it's nice and all, but I wish he'd done just a bit more of it in the G1 final ;)

This is so very true. At one point the roster looked like a great mix of ROH, TNA & CZW talent, the occasional West Coast fly-in and Teddy Hart, but I bought at least a half dozen JAPW DVDs and they were all absolutely fucking awful. Last one I grabbed at least had a decent Kenny Omega vs Low Ki match - Ki lost, but he didn't job, lol.

Nope, can't have Ki job or anything.

The only JAPW I ever went to was the one at the Arena...and that was because it was a doubleheader with CZW's Cage of Death that night, and I was working that.

...I left to get food instead of watch most of the show :p And that had shit like Omega/Lethal and a Liger match!

strobogo

Banned
IWA Mid South had a lot of great matches with the indie dream matches, though. JAPW would have something like Joe vs Punk, Bryan Danielson vs El Generico, Paul London vs Liger, and the show would be awful.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Oh yeah I was watching one of Kong's recent shoots and she said Madison Rayne slept around like crazy and that's why she got such a sudden big push.

Oh yeah I was watching one of Kong's recent shoots and she said Madison Rayne slept around like crazy and that's why she got such a sudden big push.

Well of course Earl Hebner is going to help her, he's a dirty old man~! :p

...I don't know how much of that I'd really take seriously.

I will never, ever tire of seeing Japanese fans scatter in their desperation to run away from scary gaijin wrestlers, be it Tiger Jeet, Abdullah, Hansen, Brody, Leatherface, The Headhunters, Zandig etc.

It's literally one of my favorite pastimes. Jeet. Hansen. etc etc etc. When Steiner did it with the Indian crowd at RKK I laughed for days

Hell, Jeet was on a damn Hustle show, WAY past his prime, and dude comes out with a fucking sword and starts slashing at people as EVERYONE RUNS IN TERROR FROM THIS CRAZY OLD MAN

If you watch a Hansen match, especially in the latter half of his career, you'll often see a few people allowing themselves to be hit by Hansen's bull-rope as he makes his way to the ring - apparently people thought that it was good luck to be struck by Hansen, the same way they think it's lucky to be chopped by Inoki, lol. Odd country.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I'm in the need for good ladder matches. So top 5 time, but without using HBK, a WWE TLC match, or DDT's former champion Ladder.

She used to say the same thing about some Japanese wrestlers until it was pointed out the male promoter was asexual and the main women she was talking about were strict lesbians. Kong has as much credibility as a "John Cena has been fired from the WWE" story.

Kaladin

If you watch a Hansen match, especially in the latter half of his career, you'll often see a few people allowing themselves to be hit by Hansen's bull-rope as he makes his way to the ring - apparently people thought that it was good luck to be struck by Hansen, the same way they think it's lucky to be chopped by Inoki, lol. Odd country.

I put my hand out for Davey Richards at an ROH show once and he kicked it, yes kicked it away, is that good luck?

strobogo

Banned

Wouldn't you let Hansen give you a lariatooooooo? I totally would.

Carnby

I told y'all. I told all y'all.

"Oh N_W, why you so negative?"
"Oh N_W, you just hate everything."
"Oh N_W, just give the angle some time."
"Oh N_W, you get mad when they rush angles, but now you're mad because they're taking their time."
"Looks like you guys forgot what *leans in* SLOW BURN ANGLES FEEL LIKE, HUH /Aiii"

Nope. Nope nope nope nope nope. I told y'all. They screw up everything without question. Keep living life like a mark, or join me at the cynics winners table and yell obscenities every time they start a new feud. Inevitably it will crash and burn.

^ alternately, "Why Carnby Doesn't Watch WWE Anymore".

I'm in the need for good ladder matches. So top 5 time, but without using HBK, a WWE TLC match, or DDT's former champion Ladder.

Shit, this is hard...how about Table vs Stepladder?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL6sFMNYeRA

LEGENDARY ENCOUNTER!

Anywho, serious answer in no particular order;

. Shawn vs Bret
. Rocky vs Mankind
. Jericho vs HBK
. Hardyz vs Edge & Christian
. Briscoes vs Steen & Genrico

strobogo said:
Wouldn't you let Hansen give you a lariatooooooo? I totally would.

Yeah, I guess I would, lol. As long as he's got his glasses on, I don't want him poking my eye out.

DMczaf

Can't believe I thought the Guy Ritchie version of Wade Barrett was gonna work :(

It should have worked! They just gave him shitty music, shitty matches, and then jobbed him quickly.

He should have been fighting fools in the backstage area. Holding secret fight clubs that are never shown, but are strongly hinted to by getting a glance of it in the background of someone else's promo.

"What the fuck, was that Wade Barrett fighting Mark Henry all the way in the background of Miz's shitty promo?"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
A Bootaaay "Favorite Ladder Match" list without the Young Bucks?

I knew you just liked them because it was ironic! No connoisseur of real wrestling would ever like the YANG BANKS.

Also last night I watched another 20 minute Virgil match. I might as well fucking kill myself.

A Bootaaay "Favorite Ladder Match" list without the Young Bucks?

I knew you just liked them because it was ironic! No connoisseur of real wrestling would ever like the YANG BANKS.

I should have included The Young Bucks vs FutureShock vs Smash Bros. 3-way ladder match from earlier in the year, as that shit was BANANAS.

Also, I do genuinely like TYB's, maybe not as much as I profess, but still - they're a very consistent tag team, great heels, they work well with just about anyone and their matches are always at least good. Best tag team on the indies, easily.

Has any other wrestler been repackaged as much as Wade Barrett has in the WWE?

He has like tons of themes too, though I'm sure The Undertaker has the most.

Top Bottom