• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Perfect way to introduce that when Kayfabe Commentaries releases Timeline: History of the WWE 1984... none other than the Piper himself will be sitting down with Sean Oliver discussing the year before the first Wrestlemania.

Hmmm...84 would be fun to go through though.

COOL!

How is Space Hulk?

Almost everyone will hate it except 40k grognards.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds like I should get the PS1 FPS shooter

The 40k game for casuals is Space Marine, the 40k game for PC people is Dawn of War 2, the 40k game for people who want to know more than what was in Dawn of War 2 is Dawn of War 1.

G-Fex

First person shooter shooter?

So good you gotta say it twice. RIP in piece

The 40k game for casuals is Space Marine, the 40k game for PC people is Dawn of War 2, the 40k game for people who want to know more than what was in Dawn of War 2 is Dawn of War 1.

Yup.

I remember buying Dawn of War Soulstorm cause it was at target on the cheap for like 2 bucks.

I played it a ton when I had a cold and was home sick. It was SOOOO Fun.

But I suck at strategy games anyways.

DMczaf

This isn't funny DM.

Are you telling me Call of Duty 1 is not fun?

Oh M Gee stop trying to pretend you're a Geeky Guy to get AJ Lee's attention

iFS4wMoElFOA2.gif

GAF! I haven't posted here in a while but I wanted to say that I just bought my ticket for Royal Rumble! I'm psyched. I'm hoping D Bryan wins the title and Punk win the Rumble that night.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The poor mans disco inferno.

But maybe I'll warm up to him.

Disco was like one of the greatest executions of a gimmick ever.

Fandango is better in the ring than I would have thought but he's pretty boring in general. Not even close to interesting enough to make the gimmick work and they clearly have no idea what to do with him.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
why does wwe continue to do house sho....errr live events the same night as Raw is on tv?

Brand split era made sense but doing it now is just..odd

G-Fex

Disco was like one of the greatest executions of a gimmick ever.

Fandango is better in the ring than I would have thought but he's pretty boring in general. Not even close to interesting enough to make the gimmick work and they clearly have no idea what to do with him.

You're right he's dull as hell.

I guess after his stupid trying to get the crowd to dance to his dumb entrance music failed they just kinda threw him out there to mid-card hell where truth currently resides. And gaf's favorite the Wyatts

What is Shad Gaspard up to these days?

Can't they bring him back and bring Cryme Tyme back so JTG can actually do something?

I can't lie, all the jokes to JTG but he is living the life. Getting paid pretty good for not doing much.

strobogo

Banned
They really should have brought Disco in to be Fandango's mentor after that Mizco Inferno bullshit. I think he's not even 45. I'm sure he can still dance and be a stooge.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What is Shad Gaspard up to these days?

Can't they bring him back and bring Cryme Tyme back so JTG can actually do something?

I can't lie, all the jokes to JTG but he is living the life. Getting paid pretty good for not doing much.

That's not good living though. Say he gets the boot tomorrow - what employable skills does he have? Do indie shows? It's got to be frustrating for him as a character because he doesn't have much time left to raise his prestige. It's a shame.

That's not good living though. Say he gets the boot tomorrow - what employable skills does he have? Do indie shows? It's got to be frustrating for him as a character because he doesn't have much time left to raise his prestige. It's a shame.

I'd hope that he's being smart with his money at where he is in the WWE. At least I would be and I would be living fine if I was let go.

He would probably do indie shows if he gets the boot. Soon enough TNA would want to pick him up and he'll have an okay run there.

He's actually not that bad a wrestler from what I remember. WWE just needs to give him a chance, though creative has this problem of not knowing what to do with certain wrestlers.

Ted Dibiase Jr is another example of this, though the kid had issues on the mic he was alright in ring.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Confession time; I've never liked Disco Inferno, but I appreciated his ability to get beat up believably. Also, he's good .gif material.

He worked REALLY well with luchadors, much more than the rest of WCW did. Him and Jericho both worked great with the lucha talent in WCW. Against heavyweights though, not as notable.

He was given a SHIT gimmick and made it work though.

strobogo said:
That's Mr. McFlower. HHH likes skinny fat asses and death match workers.

Nah, Mr. H's just knows what way the wind's blowing and is smart enough to do what's Good For Business™ - you can't spend that much time around Vince and not contract his muscle fetish.

Sunflower said:
He was given a SHIT gimmick and made it work though.

Definitely, I'll give him in the credit in the world for getting himself over with that gimmick, I just never paid much attention.

strobogo

Banned
Confession time; I've never liked Disco Inferno, but I appreciated his ability to get beat up believably. Also, he's good .gif material.

You prick. It's probably because he's an EYEtalian. You som un ma gun. Just more racist propaganda from our resident deathmatch clown supremacist..

Okada's going to use v.1 of the Rainmaker against Tanahashi because Tana's got too good at countering v.2, or something...meh.

He only ever used the Rainmaker v.1 once, mostly because it lacks impact and looks like the sort of finisher WWE would give to a guy these days;

idtzIFiolVUqD.gif

I hope West Ham wins the Champions League.

That's an impossibility, unfortunately, but thanks anyways friend bean :)

Top Bottom