• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

Sokantish

I think I only had one game on it and it was the Sonic game where he used a hang glider. I was not a fan. I was a huge Sonic nerd too. I had so many Sonic the Hedgehog comics...

Did you download it yet? I've never played a Pokemon game for over 20 minutes. Always been interested in them, though. Never was a handheld person I guess... I did have a Gamegear, maybe that's what soured me on them until recently. Got a vita and 3ds now! I'm still trying to get through SMT IV though.

Not done yet - taking ages. No idea how big the download is as Nintendo list the size in "Blocks" not MB/GB.

I have only really played two Pokemon games. Blue (1999) and Sapphire (2002). Put a good bit off time into both of them (100+ hours), so they were good value for money. Never was interested in any other ones in the last 10 years, but want to get back in now.

Not sure why i ended up liking them back in the day, but they seem like a good solid uncomplicated RPG

I really hate how the downloads on the 3DS works. I don't know the block system!

Digging around the Internet, I see Animal Crossing was. 6,336 blocks (which some person calculated was 0.77GB). I saw Pokemon was over 10,000 blocks when I started the download, so i guess it is over 1GB.

Checking my router I have downloaded over 1GB in the past hour (which includes some Youtube and GAF), so it should be nearly done.

I hope I still like Pokemon!

GhaleonQ

New shinsuke shirt

BWS37X7CUAAQXCV.jpg

UGH. And I just bought my 1st (gulp) wrestling shirt, his blue Bomaye one. http://shop.njpw.co.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=202 A man always needs a pink duck shirt.

I'm staring at the Tap Here to Purchase button. I'm not sure what to do

If you played so little of it in the past, it might not be worth it - as most my thoughts on buying are based on nostalgia, and I lnow I will like the core game (unless a lot has changed).

Based on the stuff I read it is supposed to be a great game though

Sokantish

Plywood, it's good to try out new games. What happens if I actually love Pokemon? I've been missing out on it my whole life. This could change everything.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Instead of Pokemon, I'm just replaying Vice City. And you know what? Anyone who says GTA V doesn't control that well compared to previous entries is proving they have no fucking idea what they talk about. Holy shit the controls in Vice City are SO finnicky. ESPECIALLY the aiming.

Kaladin

Instead of Pokemon, I'm just replaying Pokemon. And you know what? Anyone who says GTA V doesn't control that well compared to previous entries is proving they have no fucking idea what they talk about. Holy shit the controls in Vice City are SO finnicky. ESPECIALLY the aiming.

Duuuude...GTA V is the best controls in the series. WTF are people talking about.

GolazoDan

I got Pokemon X, hope it arrives today. The cover Pokeman for X kinda looks like a candy ass to be honest, only got this version because my brother got Y. Take that shitty one off X, put a real Pokeman on there. Machop, for example.

tm24

Probably buying Pokemon Y later this weekend! Digital! Still have those $30 bucks in my wallet from the SMT4/FE deal

Kaladin

I've never been big on Pokemon. I bought one of the games a long time ago and never could get into it. What is the difference in the two versions? Is it more than just different Pokemon in the game? What is the point (aside from gotta collect them all....OMG...they're spread across two versions of the game, gotta get them all!)?

I've never been big on Pokemon. I bought one of the games a long time ago and never could get into it. What is the difference in the two versions? Is it more than just different Pokemon in the game? What is the point (aside from gotta collect them all....OMG...they're spread across two versions of the game, gotta get them all!)?

Until Black/White, the difference has been which Pokemon you could obtain in each game. B/W introduced two exclusive areas, Black City and White Forest. City was good if you liked trainer battles, and Forest was good if you liked catching things.

Kaladin

Until Black/White, the difference has been which Pokemon you could obtain in each game. B/W introduced two exclusive areas, Black City and White Forest. City was good if you liked trainer battles, and Forest was good if you liked catching things.

So they cater features to tailor to what people like about the series? I can dig that.

So they cater features to tailor to what people like about the series? I can dig that.

Yeah, it was pretty neat. Black/White2 also let you connect with a friend's copy of the opposite color to transfer "keys" that would let you unlock the area you didn't have in your copy.

I don't know if they're doing something like that in X/Y though, since the flow of information that's been coming out hasn't been about the features.

Jamie OD

Downloading Pokemon X now. Might also get and play The Wolf Among Us while waiting. I know that will download quicker for sure.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pokémon X/Y has some dang interesting online features. They've come a long long way.

Wonder trades are addicting.

Game is 1.7 GB. Blocks are 128 KB or 1/8th of a Megabyte, also known as a Megabit.

Mount Rushmore promo;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS-qXGGBMIY

Angry Cartwheeling Hoodlum, lol.

Game Gear would have been GOAT level handheld if it didn't eat 6 batteries in about 20 minutes.

Yeah, the only time I ever used the Game Gear outside of the house was in the car, as you could run it off the cigarette lighter. Using batteries just wasn't worth it. Loved the machine though, so many awesome games. Shinobi GG! Still my favourite of all Shinobi games.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Probably buying Pokemon Y later this weekend! Digital! Still have those $30 bucks in my wallet from the SMT4/FE deal

Exactly what I did. $10 pokemon let's go.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Of course I end up playing Space Hulk instead. Like I give a fuck about Pokemon yet.

Top Bottom